2019 Formula 1 season official thread

Been clear to me from day 1.

I cant stop rofling at Mangussen who's doing everything possible to take out his team mate and everybody else. I think he plays World of Tanks in his spare time.

Also, I don't understand how Williams is still there. Wonder if they will get their shit together one day. Claire is definitely a problem, each interview she's in opens up with her saying: "oh yeah, it's hard sometimes, I have to put myself together and just do it". You don't end up a successful leader with that mentality.
Williams isn't in that bad of a spot. They are still well funded and have a solid financial footing. The engineering side is profitable and they are floated on the market. Lots of talent as well.

The issue is the culture clash between young vs old at the factory. Lots of people are still on Patrick Head time... Williams does everything in house. Sadly I believe the only way to compete as a smaller team these days is to buy as much as you can from a larger team or become a works B Team. Paddy Lowe decided to change direction of the car has lots to do with it as well

When Hamilton is able to open up a 10-15s lead so quickly there is a massive issue with competition

As for Kmag he's carrying the team. Most of the points last season and this season have been scored by him. We need characters in the sport like him. Not marketing tools like the current crop of youngsters.

Ferrari have struggled with strategy for years, since Schumacher left actually. They can change race engineers and team principals on a yearly basis all they want - as long as they don't figure out how to fix their strategy they're going to be second/third fiddle and that's only because they have a relatively good car.

In Spain they had the tyre advantage and then the IDIOTS went and put HARD tyres on Leclerc's car like he was going to the end.

Doesn't help that the first two pit stops they made were 2s longer than everyone else's and that Vettel constantly look like he's driving a 1997 Taurus GL.

Ferrari have struggled with strategy for years, since Schumacher left actually. They can change race engineers and team principals on a yearly basis all they want - as long as they don't figure out how to fix their strategy they're going to be second/third fiddle and that's only because they have a relatively good car.

In Spain they had the tyre advantage and then the IDIOTS went and put HARD tyres on Leclerc's car like he was going to the end.

Doesn't help that the first two pit stops they made were 2s longer than everyone else's and that Vettel constantly look like he's driving a 1997 Taurus GL.

As I said they tossed out the succession plan Brawn and Todt put in place. Domencali was the man for the job but Ferrari got caught behind the curve and it fell back into pre 1996-97. Upper management got directly involved with calling shots for the team. This is something Brawn and Todt fought against and won.. Binotto is not the man for the job, he should be on the technical side of things. Arrivabene was the perfect team principal, swaggy, brash and was okay dealing with the media. Ferrari just thinks "Fire the team principal and we will win again" sadly the rot runs much deeper than just a chain smoking Marlboro Man. The top teams have not had any real shake-ups, yea McLaren but they seemed to have started to turn things around.

To be fair Ferrari hasn't been able to get the tires working for the car the last few seasons, not as well as Mercedes *cough* secret tire test*cough*

Russel is faster than Kubica and that's a fact. The gap will just increase sadly.

It's easy to toss the team under the bus just from reading media reports or shit posts on r/formula1. Make friends with those in the actual know and it's a different tale. I will agree Williams isn't the benchmark team but there are still those there that know Formula 1 and do their best. Want to point fingers? Paddy Lowe and Claire. This season is a scratch

There are supplements the FIA can apply for super license requirements. Being F2 champion is one of them

If you say so

I don't know why people expected Kubica who's been 10 years out of the sport to mop the floor against Russell who's much younger, the current F2 champ and former GP3 champ and F4. I do love the fact Kubica is still able to compete and has a seat.. but let's face the facts dispute what he says.. the physical injury he suffered is an issue. He's in pain during sessions.

I'm not saying that Russel doesn't have a talent, he indeed is.
The only limitation of Kubica as per his say it's his ability to tweak the car on the fly with buttons on the steering wheel, that also was supposed to be addressed since the beginning of the season....and somehow a first class F1 team (Williams) can't or won't do it and keep it's promises...

As for the drivers difference, since day 1 there's is a confirmed difference in both Williams cars, when the cars were switched in testings, somehow by "miracle" Kubica became faster...

The problem is, which I believe, that Williams is favoring Russel and hired Kubica just for money and publicity but their are not really supporting him 100% as they should.

Btw the only thing in which Willams is competitive today is pit stops.

Also, I don't understand how Williams is still there. Wonder if they will get their shit together one day. Claire is definitely a problem, each interview she's in opens up with her saying: "oh yeah, it's hard sometimes, I have to put myself together and just do it". You don't end up a successful leader with that mentality.

Exactly, the only team in history that evolves without a technical director....just saying

Having said all of the above, I do wish Mercedes continued success they are currently riding. I do also wish, that the other teams give Mercedes serious competition though.

Nicholas Latifi pourrait être appelé à remplacer bientôt Robert Kubica chez Williams.

Stroll not so impressed

Norris, disapointed

Alonso might be coming back in 2020...

Boring race.. except after the restart...

décevant pour Norris en espagne, mais il a une très belle saison recrue je trouve...

Celui qui me fait le plus capoter à date, c'est Ricciardo

décevant pour Norris en espagne, mais il a une très belle saison recrue je trouve...

^Yes.

I wonder if it's just the car at fault, or he's lost it.

Renault have the money to make a good car for sure, maybe not the people.

He's had quite a bit of badluck so far, but it surely seems like there is something wrong... Either the car, the team or the driver, i dont know...

Nicholas Latifi pourrait être appelé à remplacer bientôt Robert Kubica chez Williams.

Stroll not so impressed

Norris, disapointed

Alonso might be coming back in 2020...

Boring race.. except after the restart...
Nope, nope and nope Kubica seat is paid for in full by Orlen. The clause in the contract is Williams forfeits the sponsor money. He has it for the rest of the season and Latifi isn't going to give up his shot at the F2 title.

Alonso isn't coming back to F1 and Norris is doing just fine with what he has. Holy shit...

Danny Ric took the pay day.

Norris va bien performrer. les McLaren vont bien.
Hass aussi, et Renault, bof, feront rien de bon cette saison...Ricciardo va s,en mordre les doigts...aucun rythme la Renault..

Nope, nope and nope Kubica seat is paid for in full by Orlen. The clause in the contract is Williams forfeits the sponsor money. He has it for the rest of the season and Latifi isn't going to give up his shot at the F2 title.

Alonso isn't coming back to F1 and Norris is doing just fine with what he has. Holy shit...

Danny Ric took the pay day.

Damn right he did! But honestly considering he would probably never will have a ride at Mercedes or Ferrari .. and that rbr will
always favor verstappen... he didn’t really had a choice! Actually im surprised renault decided to pay thar much for him!!

His career is over if he doesnt start beating hulkenberg clearly and by a margin... sucks for him considering how good he is. Anyhow that always been f1 reality.. you can be the best driver.. when you have a shitty car, you cant make miracles. Youll get the random good result.. but thats it

Cant wait to see if bottas will crumble!! Heres another one who can really change his future now!! Lol

I'd love for Alonso to return to F1. I also dread the day Kimi will retire. I literally only watch F1 to see how Kimi does, even now with a bottom 6 team.

The FIA should not have touched the aero rules. I think it would have been much closer between Merc-Ferrari and RBR. Now, Merc leapfrogged everyone again...

The FIA should not have touched the aero rules. I think it would have been much closer between Merc-Ferrari and RBR. Now, Merc leapfrogged everyone again...

The issue was that people complained about the lack of passing amongst the race leaders due to aero turbulence. The new rules are supposed to fix that but every time there is a major rule change, there is one team that adapts better than the others. Cars will be closer once the other teams catch up to Mercedes. In the long run it will be better because when the cars will be close enough to race each other, they will actually be able to pass one another.

Still working on it
00b44ca80b0a77541ecc4cd88f241e27.jpg

Back