2019 Formula 1 season official thread

A total snore? The midpack battles were nuts. GIO put on a great show. Bottas Delivered, Honda delivered, mid field battles all around. Haas pit problems yet again, Ferrari missing in action. Stroll beats Perez to points The battles for that 1pt fastest lap. Awesome

Absolutely great race.

The midpack battles weren't that great, we saw about 3 overall passes? Sorry but I did not enjoy that race, the most action was within the first 200m with Ricciardo hitting what looked like a speed bump (how the hell do you get an F1 circuit approved with that type of bump on the grass right on the straight?)

Next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave it to Gregster to find a pebble of optimism even in a boring race lol. Never seen anyone care so much for a battle over 9th place. Even there with DRS hardly any passing. That being said I was happy to see the miserable Lewis get crushed by Valtteri. Had Bottas not gotten ahead at the first corner Lewis would have blocked his way to another win.

Ferrari looking very slow; Jacques V predicted last year that LeClerc would be a terrible choice over Kimi as he has no car development skills and will be easily outpaced by Vettel and Ferrari is bad at developing drivers. Too early still but it may prove correct. Also, too many undeveloped rookies who have no business in an F1 car, are in an F1 car. The level of talent on the grid is the lowest I can remember and I've been following since 1986.

Boring race, but some great racing by rookie Lando Norris. And the italian also Giovinazzi.

Boring race, but some great racing by rookie Lando Norris. And the italian also Giovinazzi.

Giovinazzi great? Holy shit, he was the mobile chicane that held up everyone behind him.

He is the sole reason Stroll finished in the points: Stroll was ahead of him when he went all Nakajima on the rest of the midfield.

It was good show. First F1 race I watched in 10 years and I was very pleseantly surprised. I especially loved the fact that they showed the mid pack action, rather than show Bottas doing the Solo 1 world championship, as they would have done in the past.

Giovinazzi great? Holy shit, he was the mobile chicane that held up everyone behind him.

He is the sole reason Stroll finished in the points: Stroll was ahead of him when he went all Nakajima on the rest of the midfield.

It was good show. First F1 race I watched in 10 years and I was very pleseantly surprised. I especially loved the fact that they showed the mid pack action, rather than show Bottas doing the Solo 1 world championship, as they would have done in the past.
OK, maybe I felt asleep and dreamed about it:)

VER didn't kill anyone so I guess it was a good race? Bottas was strong from start to finish. STR ahead of PER. I'm pretty sure that fastest lap thing is because of ALO. Even from way back in the pack, out of points with 5 laps to go, he would pit for fresh tires just to try to nail the fastest lap. A true racer he is. Williams dead last with the Reich's PU... they need to fire CW and get their fingers out of their ass or sell the team to someone that cares.

Can't wait for next race so we can better asses Ferrari's gear.

Ferrari assessment: They will soon realize Vettel has lost his touch and can’t win unless he has the dominant car and Leclerc will outperform him.

Ferrari assessment: They will soon realize Vettel has lost his touch and can’t win unless he has the dominant car and Leclerc will outperform him.

No one can win unless they have the dominant car..... it aint a Vettel thing, its been like that for years, you just realised it this week-end?

And where is Ted Kravitz on Sky F1, did they replaced it with the boring brownie?

No one can win unless they have the dominant car..... it aint a Vettel thing, its been like that for years, you just realised it this week-end?

And where is Ted Kravitz on Sky F1, did they replaced it with the boring brownie?
I like Karun. Ted will be at races this season but not for note book. He is doing a midweek show now, there is an entire back story that I am not even sure makes sense

There hasn't been any talk around here of ALO winning 12hrs of Sebring. He has the triple crown of endurance racing now

Last edited:
Yeah, good for Alonso in pouring rain condition.

To bad Ocon was not chosen over Perez-Petro$$$$.....

Forcing the young talents in F1 to drive within the increasingly algorithmic

limits of car control turns them into robots. If points were awarded for

passing, would LeClerc have gotten the green light to pass Vettel?

Ayrton and many others are turning over in their graves.

I like Karun. Ted will be at races this season but not for note book. He is doing a midweek show now, there is an entire back story that I am not even sure makes sense

There hasn't been any talk around here of ALO winning 12hrs of Sebring. He has the triple crown of endurance racing now
Technically he didn't win the 12, but the 1000.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Pensez vous que le spécial à 20$ pour l'admission générale va revenir cette année pour le GP du canada ?

moi aussi j'ai une question.

C'est quand les portes ouvertes sur le track et paddock ?

merci d'avance

The open house is on the Thursday generally 9am-12pm.

General admission is getting worse and worse each year in Montreal. More fabric covers , less places and more people. Its not a great track for gen admission unlike COTA, Hungarian GP, Spa ...

Back