2019 Formula 1 season official thread

They can't even beat RBR

Redbull have the money, the team and the driver. I think they deserve it.
I feel bad for Leclerc though. He has potential. At this point he is stuck following the team strategy as a rookie, which clearly isn’t working for anyone.

Redbull have the money, the team and the driver. I think they deserve it.
I feel bad for Leclerc though. He has potential. At this point he is stuck following the team strategy as a rookie, which clearly isn’t working for anyone.
And Ferrari has even more money. Whats your point ? I'm laughing at those that thought Mercedes was cooked in testing.. Ferrari issues are deeper than just strategy at this point

I was going to do a fly-away race later on in the season but I'm keeping my money

And Ferrari has even more money. Whats your point ? I'm laughing at those that thought Mercedes was cooked in testing.. Ferrari issues are deeper than just strategy at this point

I was going to do a fly-away race later on in the season but I'm keeping my money
Exactly, they have the money, nothing else to show

Exactly, they have the money, nothing else to show
Ferrari tossed Ross Brawn and Todt succession plan in the trash , then went back to old ways with micromanagement and the upper levels calling the shots.

When Ferrari was dominant Brawn ran the team, Todt controlled the higher up and media.. Mercedes F1 operates almost independent from Stuttgart and the management owns a massive steak in it (Toto has 30-40% I believe) they also had a goal, attracted top talent not just in drivers but also technically. Yes Mercedes did get the jump on the engine and lobbied for it however 2017 and 2018 Ferrari could have easily won the championship.

How many team principals has Ferrari been through? How many top technical staff have they spit out? It's a very toxic environment

Basically at Mercedes it's "what do we need to win" vs Ferrari "you need to win"

Ferrari has more prize money but Mercedes overall F1 budget and technical resources surpasses Ferrari by a long mile.

The FIA should not have touched the rules.

Who is still wasting their money on the Canadian GP?

23 laps in, 10th place is almost 1 minute behind. Yup, 2019 is a joke!!!

You want competition you need stability in the rules, they should have left it status quo.

BORING!!!

Yep stopped watching. Boeing, plain boring. I have too much to do around the house

Imagine that.. house work is more exciting

Merci les gars je vais rester sur le Nascar et Moto Gp.

Ferrari has more prize money but Mercedes overall F1 budget and technical resources surpasses Ferrari by a long mile.

The FIA should not have touched the rules.

Who is still wasting their money on the Canadian GP?
Mercedes can run R&D testing almost endless with their resources but Ferrari is nothing to bash. Mercedes just use their resources better.

It looks like the engine formula isn't changing as well. They're all into diminishing returns on the engine, no point changing it now. The engines are within 10-15 of eachother. Mercedes is dominating the chassis now as well and still the best packaging

On another note. I cant defend Stroll anymore. He's a waste of seat

Mercedes can run R&D testing almost endless with their resources but Ferrari is nothing to bash. Mercedes just use their resources better.

It looks like the engine formula isn't changing as well. They're all into diminishing returns on the engine, no point changing it now. The engines are within 10-15 of eachother. Mercedes is dominating the chassis now as well and still the best packaging

Agree on the engines, they all pretty match up. This is why they shouldn't have touched the aero.

Maybe it is time for F1 to introduce weight ballasts when a team dominates.

Today was sad.

Where was Bottas after that blistering pole lap?

To hear Hamilton say the race was won on corner 1 and Bottas say a clutch issue compromised his race.

So, all comes down to the first 300m and corner 1.

Pathetic...

Agree on the engines, they all pretty match up. This is why they shouldn't have touched the aero.

Maybe it is time for F1 to introduce weight ballasts when a team dominates.

Today was sad.

Where was Bottas after that blistering pole lap?

To hear Hamilton say the race was won on corner 1 and Bottas say a clutch issue compromised his race.

So, all comes down to the first 300m and corner 1.

Pathetic...
Yep a balance of performance might not be a bad idea. You will have people moaning about it not being the pinnacle of Motorsport.. meh I rather have good racing. A fight on track vs some techno piece of kit that will never end up on a roadcar. F1 is a spectacle not a test bed. Hamilton got very lucky in his career to be able to have such dominance.

Bottas needs to work on his starts but hopefully he can still mount a challenge

This race was make or break for Ferrari. They now will have to battle RBR.

Meanwhile nobody is talking about it, Latifi won another race and is running away with the F2 title. Lance and Mr. Stroll will both come to regret him skipping GP3/GP2 entirely, missing out on tight wheel to wheel battles and racecraft, valuable experience and a very important stepping stone that could have helped today. How long until even Mr. Stroll come's to the same conclusion as you?

Meanwhile nobody is talking about it, Latifi won another race and is running away with the F2 title. Lance and Mr. Stroll will both come to regret him skipping GP3/GP2 entirely, missing out on tight wheel to wheel battles and racecraft, valuable experience and a very important stepping stone that could have helped today. How long until even Mr. Stroll come's to the same conclusion as you?

How long until he runs out of money?

How long until he runs out of money?
He won't and not with his buddies/telmex money. The source of Sport Pesa money is sketchy but more solid than Haas Rich Energy..

Latifi will likely end up with a Williams seat once the Orlen money from Kubica runs out. The team loves Lafiti and family. Very humble people

Latifi will likely end up with a Williams seat once the Orlen money from Kubica runs out.

Won't happen before next season, Latifi doesn't have his super license yet, and won't be able to get it before the end of the season if he performs well in F2.

I don't understand why everyone is dropping the cloth on Kubica so fast, Williams wasn't the best and most helpful team this year.

Problems with Kubica's car, Russel and Team confirmed that, then when Kubica was supposed to get his new floor it went to Russel because of the Baku incident...
Then the incompetence of the Kubica's team releasing him on the track many minuets before it was allowed which ended with a sanction,
The car that was loosing components like mirror when Kubica had to complete the race with only one, and in a slow car then being careful for incoming faster cars...

Let the season progress and we shall see how he truly stands

Russel is faster than Kubica and that's a fact. The gap will just increase sadly.

It's easy to toss the team under the bus just from reading media reports or shit posts on r/formula1. Make friends with those in the actual know and it's a different tale. I will agree Williams isn't the benchmark team but there are still those there that know Formula 1 and do their best. Want to point fingers? Paddy Lowe and Claire. This season is a scratch

There are supplements the FIA can apply for super license requirements. Being F2 champion is one of them

Last edited:
Won't happen before next season, Latifi doesn't have his super license yet, and won't be able to get it before the end of the season if he performs well in F2.

I don't understand why everyone is dropping the cloth on Kubica so fast, Williams wasn't the best and most helpful team this year.

Problems with Kubica's car, Russel and Team confirmed that, then when Kubica was supposed to get his new floor it went to Russel because of the Baku incident...
Then the incompetence of the Kubica's team releasing him on the track many minuets before it was allowed which ended with a sanction,
The car that was loosing components like mirror when Kubica had to complete the race with only one, and in a slow car then being careful for incoming faster cars...

Let the season progress and we shall see how he truly stands

No disrespect to Kubica but almost a decade out of F1 and jumping into a new era of F1 car was a tall order. True the car is a dog but your teammate is your first competition and comparison and Russell being a rookie (not even highly regarded) I fully expected Kubica to mop the floor with him. Except the opposite has happened. Kubica is not even close and he doesn't even know why. I don't see Latifi in the car this year other than testing, Kubica along with Orlen's $25 million looks safe for the season.

I don't know why people expected Kubica who's been 10 years out of the sport to mop the floor against Russell who's much younger, the current F2 champ and former GP3 champ and F4. I do love the fact Kubica is still able to compete and has a seat.. but let's face the facts dispute what he says.. the physical injury he suffered is an issue. He's in pain during sessions.

Been clear to me from day 1.

I cant stop rofling at Mangussen who's doing everything possible to take out his team mate and everybody else. I think he plays World of Tanks in his spare time.

Also, I don't understand how Williams is still there. Wonder if they will get their shit together one day. Claire is definitely a problem, each interview she's in opens up with her saying: "oh yeah, it's hard sometimes, I have to put myself together and just do it". You don't end up a successful leader with that mentality.

Back