2019 Formula 1 season official thread

There were something like 40-50k Dutch fans there. Sky might has said more. A decision against Max would have resulted in a riot

For Kubica fans, here's a Sainz car last race video....You can clearly see how bad is Kubica's Williams....it holds the road like a 1950 corvette

https://streamable.com/ptpmv

Really you determined all this from a few corners after the opening lap? This is nothing more than a driver pushing hard on cold tires. Maybe Williams should hire you as chassis engineer to fix their 1950 Corvette.

Not saying the Williams doesn't have issues. To add context the aero for 2019 has had big changes so not really a fair comparison. I'd like to believe that a Verstappen, Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso or a Danny Ric are easier faster than Russell and worth .5 to 1 second a lap and even more on longer circuits.

2017 Austria GP ... Massa 1:06.534, Stroll 1:06.608 17th and 18th on grid

2018 Austria GP ...Stroll 1:05.286, Sirotkin 1:06.322 15th and 18th on grid

2019 Austria GP ....Russel 1:05.904, Kubica 1:06.206 19th and 20th on grid.

Kubica is being used by Williams as an experienced driver to perform their "testing" during the 2019 championship.
I am sure both parties are aware of this and are both happy with it.
Kubica is on his way out anyway, better keep racing an F1 for the fun of it, when it's offered.
Had he been 20 years old, that would be poor marketing of him as a driver for a potential switch to a different team.
In the current scenario everyone is happy

Kubica is being used by Williams as an experienced driver to perform their "testing" during the 2019 championship.
I am sure both parties are aware of this and are both happy with it.
Kubica is on his way out anyway, better keep racing an F1 for the fun of it, when it's offered. Williams knows what issues they have. I'm just happy to see them still around. It's okay they'll pass Haas soon
Had he been 20 years old, that would be poor marketing of him as a driver for a potential switch to a different team.
In the current scenario everyone is happy
He's well liked in the team and Orlen paid for his seat in full. Russell though is a total class act, one of the nicest guys you'll meet. I like these young guys, just happy to be there

He's well liked in the team and Orlen paid for his seat in full. Russell though is a total class act, one of the nicest guys you'll meet. I like these young guys, just happy to be there

Regarding HAAS, Grosjean is such a joke imo.
Pity, their CNCs are top notch.

I kinda wished Leclerc would have won this GP this is so heartbreaking for him again he did an awesome job

I agree. Great to see Leclerc-Verstappen for the battle. Fantastic drive from the youngsters, including Norris.

Had Ferrari not messed up Seb's pitstop, he would have finished 3rd.

Ferrari's mistake stems back to Q2. They tried something different by using the softs to set their best time then and they were thereby forced to start the race on them. Verstappen started out with the mediums and that won him the race since he could go longer for his first stint.

Ferrari: Eternal seconds.

Ferrari's mistake stems back to Q2. They tried something different by using the softs to set their best time then and they were thereby forced to start the race on them. Verstappen started out with the mediums and that won him the race since he could go longer for his first stint.

Ferrari: Eternal seconds.

Charles pitted cause Mercedes pitted. His tires were still good (surprisingly).

Verstappen est affamé, ça paraît! Il est fougueux et impatient, ça paye dans son cas.
Leclerc est plus passif et prévisible, quoique très technique.

C'était une superbe course! Avec le départ horrible de Verstappen, chapeau pour la victoire, il la mérite à 100%.

Norris a fait toute une course aussi!
Grosjean est tellement mou et pleurnichard, ils devraient aller chercher Ocon pour le remplacer. Fougueux et technique. Incompréhensible qu'il n'ait pas un siège en 2019 à mon avis.

Verstappen est affamé, ça paraît! Il est fougueux et impatient, ça paye dans son cas.
Leclerc est plus passif et prévisible, quoique très technique.

C'était une superbe course! Avec le départ horrible de Verstappen, chapeau pour la victoire, il la mérite à 100%.

Norris a fait toute une course aussi!
Grosjean est tellement mou et pleurnichard, ils devraient aller chercher Ocon pour le remplacer. Fougueux et technique. Incompréhensible qu'il n'ait pas un siège en 2019 à mon avis.
x654

Must have been a bitch to drive on an un-prepared circuit full of dried weeds and hay.

It's a pity a stupid accident like he endured left himself in a vegetative state, for his family most of all.
Wasn't even pushing it... The timed shootout is tomorrow and it's a gentleman's affair. Most of the F1 drives are just demo runs on wet weather tires or those demo Pirellis. Williams does allow balls out runs through

It's always a shootout between that STi racecar, Don Law racing in the Jag and the Penske PC22.

So much wallpaper material in those pics.

I'd daily it.
Best bang for your buck if you wanted an F1 car to actually track would be something from the late 90s or early 2000s. Judd engine and good to go. There is a guy who posts on Reddit frequently who owns a 98 Minardi. It's still stupid fast even with steel suspension.

The late 2000s stuff is getting interesting as well. The current hybrid cars won't fall into the hands of private owners to actually run. Much too expensive and complex

Well it's also a complex car to actually run. It's more of a show piece than anything else.

I doubt it's going to be run, it's gone from one private collection to another. One of Senna's actively suspended 1993 McLaren MP4/8 went for 3.7 million GBP last year, supposedly Bernie was the buyer.

What I didn't see at first glance was the interesting history bit on the auction description mentions Patrese took over that chassis mid season and this was the car that was involved in the big wreck at Estoril when he hit the back of Berger and the car went flying taking out all 4 corners of the car. Car was repaired but never raced after that. Could be a reason for the 'low' price.

Back