2019 Formula 1 season official thread

Poor fucking Fettel.
What a monster start
What a monster pull away from Lec
Pulled away so hard he couldn’t even let him pass according to strat.
And then PU failure...
This race was a reminder to all what Fettel is made of.
Nice job on Ham, consistency pays.

1 Lewis Hamilton GBR 322
2 Valtteri Bottas FIN 249
3 Charles Leclerc MON 215
4 Max Verstappen NED 212
5 Sebastian Vettel GER 194

Ferrari team politics playing against them. I don't think they can keep both Vettel and Leclerc very long. Both their contracts will be up simultaneously: 2020. We'll see who they keep.

"Vettel’s recent performances on the track are also putting him at risk of losing his number one spot at Ferrari to his younger team-mate Charles Leclerc.

The 21-year-old Monsgasque driver has made an impressive start to his career with the Prancing Horse.

Leclerc improved on his previous podium finishes when he sealed his first F1 victory last weekend at the Belgian Grand Prix.

And Vettel admitted it was not something he was happy about."

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-...-Vettel-retirement-Italian-GP-Ferrari-F1-news

Remember when he left Red Bull because Ricciardo was starting to burn his ass up in races?

Technically he left RBR because the car was shit in 2014. New tech, new issues.
I don't believe anybody in this world would pass up an offer from Ferrari.
Not to say that Ricciardo isn't fast but Vettel is still mighty quick.
Currently, they're betting on Leclerc, and while he is really quick, I believe it is a premature decision from Ferrari.
It's in the subtleties - he's fast when the car is fast ie brand new tires, good track conditions, etc.
Vettel has the edge on him in race pace, with tire management and adaptability in varying conditions, aka experience.
I think they need to give each other space, much like Ric and Hulk, and start by beating Mercedes in constructors, before they start fighting each other.

Fp1 is on now and Events on Saturday have been cancelled thanks to a typhoon.. So qualy will be Sunday AM

Valtteri can thank Vettel for his win, had Lewis the drone been able to get passed, the deplorable Toto would have removed him from the lead.

Race was pretty good. Leclerc deserved the 15s of added time

Also is Renault in shit? https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/...s-impounded-protest-racing-point/4557425/amp/

More like racing point will receive heavy shit from Renault from now on. I don’t think they have the money to fight Renault over something as minor.i haven’t seen the rules regarding this but I don’t see how it’s a matter of attention. Especially if it’s a blank algorithm that allows you to save the distance values and assign brake bias settings to each value after.
What I do find concerning is that both Hulk and Ric are world class experience and it’s a pity they find themselves too busy to change brake bias manually.
I hope they’re not gonna get robbed off their points of Japan GP

Back