2019 Formula 1 season official thread

Was Ferrari dealing with tire issues alone, limited to the Australian GP, or is the SF90 design flawed?

For F1 apologists everywhere:

Hate to rain on your parade; had a brief look at the latest 111 page downloadable file of FIA specs. Changes made very often, too often. It's not your car anymore. The ridiculously short preamble that fails big time to introduce F1 racing perhaps to deflect attention away from the analog era. And safety is not an issue. You can keep it safe but allow analog simplicity, i.e. skill sets that derive from direct human effort and not filtered via a digital so-called interface.
Hybrid or any other PU that favours economy over power is better for endurance racing. F1 is about speed, a sprint from start to finish.

Machine learning — getting results that are completely wrong
https://rwer.wordpress.com/2019/02/20/machine-learning-getting-results-that-are-completely-wrong/#more-34169

For F1 apologists everywhere:

Hate to rain on your parade; had a brief look at the latest 111 page downloadable file of FIA specs. Changes made very often, too often. It's not your car anymore. The ridiculously short preamble that fails big time to introduce F1 racing perhaps to deflect attention away from the analog era. And safety is not an issue. You can keep it safe but allow analog simplicity, i.e. skill sets that derive from direct human effort and not filtered via a digital so-called interface.
Hybrid or any other PU that favours economy over power is better for endurance racing. F1 is about speed, a sprint from start to finish.

Machine learning — getting results that are completely wrong
https://rwer.wordpress.com/2019/02/20/machine-learning-getting-results-that-are-completely-wrong/#more-34169

A lot of hype around machine learning these days, we face it everyday in automation. People & industry think they can easily resolve problems with ML to find out (the hard way) that conventional proven approaches still yield the best results. The biggest issue, collecting huge amount of data for all possible scenarios.

I hear stories of retirees in machining being called back to work and also to train personnel who were hired to replace them.
In my hospital IT sector, getting changes to automation is nearly impossible. Proprietary SW and built-in lock downs, what can possibly go wrong?
Just seduce the know-nothings with a low-ball price to reel them in.

A lot of hype around machine learning these days, we face it everyday in automation. People & industry think they can easily resolve problems with ML to find out (the hard way) that conventional proven approaches still yield the best results. The biggest issue, collecting huge amount of data for all possible scenarios.

I missed the qualifications this morning, but just saw that Leclerc got first, in front of Vettle. Not to say I told you so, but.....

And stroll eliminated Q1......who will he blame this time?

I missed the qualifications this morning, but just saw that Leclerc got first, in front of Vettle. Not to say I told you so, but.....

And stroll eliminated Q1......who will he blame this time?
I was expecting more from Racing Point this season but damn ..

Also
57b5a5b79447f2366c61a02541e13461.jpg

3 grid spots and 1 pts on his license. Thats 8pts out of 12

Also.. It's sorta come out that Sky Sports got into a bidding war with channel 4 over the rights to "The Chain" and lost out. The intro theme this year doesn't sync up to the visuals, they are using Champions League Football theme.. Some fan overlaid "The Chain" to the Sky Intro and it'sperfect

No mention in local news of Nichola Latifi's win in F2 today...

Can't wait to see Mick Schumacher in the Ferrari next week.

So, I’ve never been to F1 event in Montreal.
Is it worth it? Where to go? What seat to get? Pls tldr someone that’s never been. Or should i just watch from a bar with buddies instead?

Back