2019 Formula 1 season official thread

Statement of the day goes to Ricciardo

“F*** em all, how does that sound?” Ricciardo said of any critics before putting his serious hat on.

“All jokes aside, every time I’m breaking late and deep, trying to make a move, I am struggling to pull the car up.

“It is better than the start of the year but I’m still not quite there to what I was with the Red Bull.

“The thing is, if I don’t try, then I’m sitting behind the whole race so I have to try but when I do try for sure it’s sometimes a bit on the limit.

“I’m obviously trying to keep it on track and not be dirty. I’ll try to remember the Grosjean thing, but if I did (impede him), then sorry.

“But I’d rather try than sit behind and be a loser the whole race.”

Watched the first 10 laps then skipped to the last 3. Looks like I didn't miss much.

To get back to the discussion about limiting budgets or spending. It might seem like a good idea on the first degree but it only makes the strong teams stronger and it creates a greater barrier for the smaller teams. You can already witness it:

If you got money to spend and develop a car but are limited in either budget and/or time you can do one of two things to overcome this. Either you buy a second team to double your budget and testing time (RB) or you support other teams by supplying parts in exchange for dev time (Merc, Ferr.)

If you limit budgets even more, the smaller teams that already struggle to make ends meet. They'll never be able to buy a second team or supply parts to others.

When MS came into F1, he was a game changer and it was also a sad day for F1 in some sense. The F1 game wasn't completely figured out then. There were still untapped areas that could be improved and MS took advantage of all of them. He brought the level so much higher he changed how every other team had to work and plan and prep just to be able to compete. Which is good. The sad part is that it also meant that from that point on, F1 had reach a point of maturity in it's development and everything would much more difficult and not as exciting anymore. Every pro sport reaches that point at one moment and it's a problem with no easy solution and I don't have one in mind either.

U mad again bro?

Where am I trolling. What I said is 100% accurate.... Vettel tried to pull a fast one and it didn't pass.

FYI: if the roles were reversed between Vettel and Hamilton, Hamilton would have tried the exact same thing and would have gotten caught just as much.

Yeah we saw the terrible penalty he got for driving Verstappen out of his trajectory in free practice on Saturday. Anyone else would've gotten at least a reprimand but Hamilton? Nah, he's such a good boy.

Yeah we saw the terrible penalty he got for driving Verstappen out of his trajectory in free practice on Saturday. Anyone else would've gotten at least a reprimand but Hamilton? Nah, he's such a good boy.

A statement issued by the stewards said: "The drivers agreed that the situation was not particularly dangerous and did not give Verstappen a lasting disadvantage in this Practice Session.
"Both drivers agreed that the limited rear visibility and the angle of Car 44 made it difficult for Hamilton to see the approaching car and agreed that Hamilton re-joined slowly.

"The Stewards could observe from the on-board video that Hamilton looked in his mirrors at least twice before attempting to re-join the circuit."
The decision to not take action on Hamilton came less than an hour after the stewards rejected a request from Ferrari for the FIA to review the decision to punish Sebastian Vettel at the Canadian Grand Prix for a similar offence.

A statement issued by the stewards said: "The drivers agreed that the situation was not particularly dangerous and did not give Verstappen a lasting disadvantage in this Practice Session.
"Both drivers agreed that the limited rear visibility and the angle of Car 44 made it difficult for Hamilton to see the approaching car and agreed that Hamilton re-joined slowly.

"The Stewards could observe from the on-board video that Hamilton looked in his mirrors at least twice before attempting to re-join the circuit."
The decision to not take action on Hamilton came less than an hour after the stewards rejected a request from Ferrari for the FIA to review the decision to punish Sebastian Vettel at the Canadian Grand Prix for a similar offence.

That's what we - normal unbiased people = not you nor Nico Rosberg who is an ex-Mercedes WC driver and still is involved with Mercedes - call a double standard.

Yeah Martin Brundle, Jacques Villeneuve, Mark Webber, Daniel Ricciardo, Daniel Kvyat, Nigel Mansell plus a few MOTO GP drivers like Casey Stoner are all armchair racers.

All you're doing is pushing forth my theory that you and JC are one person.

BTW - even Hamilton admitted that he'd have done the same as Vettel had he been in his place. We're gonna stop beating a dead horse now because regardless of whatever we say the penalty is there to stay and it is now 8 straight wins for Mercedes and zero for F1 fans that want to watch actual racing and enjoy actual racing fights instead of watching a train of cars like we had this Sunday.

Yeah Martin Brundle, Jacques Villeneuve, Mark Webber, Daniel Ricciardo, Daniel Kvyat, Nigel Mansell plus a few MOTO GP drivers like Casey Stoner are all armchair racers.

BTW - even Hamilton admitted that he'd have done the same as Vettel had he been in his place. We're gonna stop beating a dead horse now because regardless of whatever we say the penalty is there to stay and it is now 8 straight wins for Mercedes and zero for F1 fans that want to watch actual racing and enjoy actual racing fights instead of watching a train of cars like we had this Sunday.
I didn't say they were armchair racers. I said you are an armchair racer. You are neither normal nor unbiased. And you're the one beating a dead horse. You'll probably still be complaining about it in twenty years.

That's what we - normal unbiased people = not you nor Nico Rosberg who is an ex-Mercedes WC driver and still is involved with Mercedes - call a double standard.

You should apply to work for the FIA.

And lol at ur theories....according to you i have 5 accounts. The other day you were saying im jimblouin...now him... you need to go out more lol

Reminds me the domination of Mc Laren Honda......

Hamilton 3 grid place penalty and 1 pts
6620e198fd4bdd2853323fa43435151f.jpg

Great quali from Charles, fantastic job. Leclerc and Verstappen, should make for an exciting first lap. The Ferrari is on different tires, should be interesting to see how long the softs hold up.

Too bad for Seb.

Back