2019 Formula 1 season official thread

Only watched the highlights on YT. There was quite a bit of action today. LEC and VER gave a great show. HAM and BOT too in the first couple laps. At least VET was a gentleman and went to see Max after the race. A circuit with a bunch of fast curves is so much more entertaining to watch and more aligned with the F1 spirit. Silverstone has gotten up there for me along with Spa. CGV is a bunch of chicanes and a hairpin which is kinda meh IMO.

Only watched the highlights on YT. There was quite a bit of action today. LEC and VER gave a great show. HAM and BOT too in the first couple laps. At least VET was a gentleman and went to see Max after the race. A circuit with a bunch of fast curves is so much more entertaining to watch and more aligned with the F1 spirit. Silverstone has gotten up there for me along with Spa. CGV is a bunch of chicanes and a hairpin which is kinda meh IMO.
If you ever get the chance , see F1 at a proper track like you mentioned. CGV is full but it does produce some drama

Good race but as usual the chips fall straight into the hands of Lewis and the fans get robbed of what could have been a race long battle for the win. A full safety car was needed to remove that car 50+ meters away from the track,really? The cynic in me would like to believes this would have been dealt with via a virtual safety car or double yellows at any other track...

The action off the track continues, this Rich Energy character reminds me of Andrea Sassetti almost 30 years ago. Looks like Haas has about as much chance of collecting as I have of driving a GP car. What is it with F1 that attracts these types of people?

https://jalopnik.com/looks-like-haas-f1-is-going-after-rich-energy-1836358665

Quel pilotage et quelles batailles de Verstappen et Leclerc, wow!

Les prises de vue de Silverstone étaient MAGIQUES, avec une prise continue sur quoi, 50% du circuit?! On aurait dit les prises de vue NFL, mais sur une plus grande distance!

Good race but as usual the chips fall straight into the hands of Lewis and the fans get robbed of what could have been a race long battle for the win. A full safety car was needed to remove that car 50+ meters away from the track,really? The cynic in me would like to believes this would have been dealt with via a virtual safety car or double yellows at any other track...

$ sudo TinFoilCap -on

I was just thinking that when they called the SC for a beached car so far away from everything and mysteriously wound up favoring Hamilton again.

Regardless - Ferrari strategy drops the ball on Charles Leclerc again while Vettel pulls another Vettel and messes up his race and Max's.

This showed up on my FB feed. I remember Ron Dennis talking about negociations between F1 team bosses, how they're all imposing characters and how things can heat up around the table. And Frank.... Frank can only whisper but Ron was saying that when Frank wanted to talk, everybody toned down and listened. The FW car had better days in a distant vanished time but the man who build the team and conquered those champuionships still deserves respect. Bringing F1 to the highest level of motorsports. He clearly enjoyed this ride.

Back