2019 Formula 1 season official thread

Just watched Netflix f1 series

It almost made me start to watch the races again, they made it look very interesting...

Of course the coverage had zero Mercedes or Ferrari.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Merc and Ferrari weren't involved in season one because they were concerned about "image" it's only after the popularity of the series exploded did they say "hey we want in"

Netflix was filming heavily with Mercedes this weekend as it was the 125yr anniversary

In case anyone missed it, Mick Schumacher drives dad Michael's F2004. Pure sound and giving it full beans too. Just a stunning car, brought a tear to my eyes..

Max can capitalize on opportunities after all. He's matured and it's paying off. Vet did everything he had to do during race day, good on him. HAM made a rare mistake and got the BS penalty I called right after MTL. It was a shit show. lol. Anyway, the stadium part of the ring is narrow indeed but quite interesting, it looks like it would be A LOT fun to drive around. LEC had a disapointing race. His frustration is getting to him. Time to manage thyself.

The stewards did a great job today. HAM cutting pitlane entrance is pretty automatic penalty, even the unsafe release "monitary fine" for LEC was correct. The rules are pretty clear for everything that happened today

Yes the marshals did a great job, the same as they did in Mtl except, somebody didn't throw a tamper tantrum today. That's the difference!!

This is the race F1 needed, actually the last 3 races have been exciting too watch. Renault's woes continue has one of their transport trucks crashed in Hungary, was Hulkenberg at the wheel???

0_Renault-F1-truck-crashed-in-Germany.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/motorsport/9607037/renault-f1-truck-crash-hungarian-gp/

This appeared on my FB feed. Don't know what to think of this:

Formula One boss Jean Todt reveals Michael Schumacher is watching TV in rare update

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12254011&fbclid=IwAR3IpARpS4sEjq6JKHMtsE2yLxMIsb8rwcZyJqqnsC7dUuSnUl_qPZq1Bok

Had he not been in a completely or close to completely vegetative state, more information would have surfaced years ago. I think it's very sad, but true.

Brain/spinal cord injury - 99% of the possible recovery happens within a year from the accident.

I'm far from a die hard Ham fan, but this is another one of those "blown out of proportion articles":

"It is thought that Hamilton won't let footage of himself be used"

Still to be seen how much of it is true, and actual information.

If true though, in the Netflix' director's place, I would come back and film their supposedly preferred race weekend, and then not put Mercedes in the film at all
LOLROFLcakes to be had.

Unlike CJ, I'm FAR from being a Hamilton fanboy but he doesn't want the footage to be used because he was actually feverish last week-end. Would you want to be on TV when you're sick?

Unlike CJ, I'm FAR from being a Hamilton fanboy but he doesn't want the footage to be used because he was actually feverish last week-end. Would you want to be on TV when you're sick?
It will hurt his image... Being sick is part of life, it's just an inconvenience

Schumacher openly wept on the podium after his mom's passing.

Last edited:
Back