2019 Formula 1 season official thread

It doesn’t matter whether Leclerc or Vettel win for the championship, as long as they’re both p1 and p2 right now. Also this win is important for Vettel after the shit show inMonza.

It doesn’t matter whether Leclerc or Vettel win for the championship, as long as they’re both p1 and p2 right now. Also this win is important for Vettel after the shit show inMonza.

You are correct. Any day is a good day when Lewis the Drone is out of the podium.

Kinda happy for Vettel.... but Leclerc is being bitter (all those radio comments). Its not like he’s the clear #1 driver yet...

I’m not against Hammy or Merc in any way. It is clear to me that he’s been riding a superiority car wave, and any time the other factors don’t play in his favour he’s first on the radio to blame tires, strat, button colours etc. Pretty much like today when he stopped pressuring VER very early to demonstrate that his team didn’t play out the strat that he wanted.
Seb just needs a WC title while at Ferrari . He deserves it.
Lec just needs to keep pushing and not get frustrated or distracted. His future is still ahead of him, not so much for Seb though.

I’m not against Hammy or Merc in any way. It is clear to me that he’s been riding a superiority car wave, and any time the other factors don’t play in his favour he’s first on the radio to blame tires, strat, button colours etc. Pretty much like today when he stopped pressuring VER very early to demonstrate that his team didn’t play out the strat that he wanted.
Seb just needs a WC title while at Ferrari . He deserves it.
Lec just needs to keep pushing and not get frustrated or distracted. His future is still ahead of him, not so much for Seb though.

Funny....I heard Leclerc bitch at his team all race regarding their strat and that it did not favour him... Is it just hamilton that's not allowed to do that or am I missing something?

#HatersGonnaHate

Really happy for Seb.

Great 1-2 for Ferrari, this is good for F1.

Classy Lewis during Seb's post race interview on Sky. Great respect between these 2 older lions.

Jen got a point, every fucking pilot in F1 are whiny bitches, except maybe one or two...but definitely not Vettel for example..when Vettel whine about what he ate the day before no one care but if Hamilton whine a lot of you guys come here to so cry about Hamilton did this and that bla bla bla what a loser.
Also, if Hamilton lead the race = boring
If anyone else lead the race = most exciting race of the year

Great sportsmanship from all parties in post race interviews.
Hammy said it: “Ferrari must be more hungry atm, so we’ve gotta step it up.”
I feel bad for Ric and the unreasonable penalty.

Ferrari did rob Leclerc of a turkey but they also turned a third place for Vettel into a formation finish for Ferrari. They took advantage of the inability to pass on that train track that is Singapore, even if the Ferrari's race-pace was slightly slower, the fact they started ahead and used better strategy (lucky actually because the SCs were all condensed after the pit stops) prevented the others from passing them safely.

Would Hamilton have pushed more if he were in a real championship fight - like within 10-20 points of Vettel or Leclerc? Sure. But as it stands now he doesn't have to win every race until the end.

With 6 races to go, all he needs is to make sure he doesn't "lose" 16 points/race to Leclerc or Verstappen and he's staying F1 champion. That should be easy enough since if he finishes even 4th on every race until the end he'll make 12 points to the 25 whoever else wins which places him 3 points ahead per game. And that's assuming that one of the two contenders (or three but I don't think Bottas will be allowed to challenge and I doubt Vettel has it in him) wins EVERY race - which won't happen.

Plus Bottas can win one or two as well.

Hamilton's not dumb - he knows this. Why take risks when he doesn't have to?

If it gets close towards the end he might but I suspect that for the next 2-3 races at least, he'll be taking it easy.

Unless the Mercs have a clear advantage like they did in the beginning of the season when they were winning races by 30 seconds that is.

Ferrari did rob Leclerc of a turkey but they also turned a third place for Vettel into a formation finish for Ferrari. They took advantage of the inability to pass on that train track that is Singapore, even if the Ferrari's race-pace was slightly slower, the fact they started ahead and used better strategy (lucky actually because the SCs were all condensed after the pit stops) prevented the others from passing them safely.

Ferrari did the right thing yesterday, they secured a 1-2 just like Mercedes has done in the past. The British Tabloid media is trying to stir up shit where there shouldn't be.

I still think Merc has the best car with Lewis at the wheel.

Back