Microwave Spark Plugs ........cool !

student13

A German company has made microwave spark plugs that can be retrofitted on existing engines . The idea is that the microwave pulse ignites all the petrol mist compressed by the piston ......all at once increasing power/ stroke and increasing fuel efficiency. Holy crap 15% decrease in fuel consumption immediately how sweet .i can’t wait to buy

15% with a spark plug swap? I'll believe when I see it.

Whether the claim is true or false, they went to the trouble of getting a European and a US Patent for their invention

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20160265502 . They obviously put money behind this.

I personally believe the science to be possible, at least. In physics, Work is defined to be (kinematic) force x distance. W=F*d.
If all the molecules of petrol, are microwaved so that they are chemically excited enough to ignite all at once, you will have higher force per stroke cycle. I think this is possible.

Of course they would get a patent.. it's standard practice... having a patent on the idea or concept is very important. It's not very complicated either.. companies get them all the time even if they'll never use it. Filing one doesn't cost a ton either .. you make it sound like hundreds of millions have been spent

Mazda has made the ignition system obsolete. Other manufactures will follow. You can't just toss in a random system expecting it to work on all engines. There is more to engine efficiency than just spark plugs.

Spark plugs though are like CDs or spinning hard drivers. They belong to the pages of history. Microwave technology is ancient as fuck as well

Last edited:
Of course they would get a patent.. it's standard practice... having a patent on the idea or concept is very important. It's not very complicated either.. companies get them all the time even if they'll never use it. Filing one doesn't cost a ton either .. you make it sound like hundreds of millions have been spent

Mazda has made the ignition system obsolete. Other manufactures will follow. You can't just toss in a random system expecting it to work on all engines. There is more to engine efficiency than just spark plugs.

Spark plugs though are like CDs or spinning hard drivers. They belong to the pages of history. Microwave technology is ancient as fuck as well

If spark plugs are ancient history, then what do new cars use ( that aren't electric) please tell me? The Internal Combustion Engine will die...but it won't be overnight (say 10 years). Electric cars still have a way to go for mass market penetration .As for its usefulness, the South Korea Institute of Science and Technology found fuel efficiency increases of 8% . If they can get 8% in university setting, I am sure in industry they can get a little more?

If spark plugs are ancient history, then what do new cars use ( that aren't electric) please tell me? The Internal Combustion Engine will die...but it won't be overnight. Electric cars still have a way to go for mass market penetration .As for its usefulness, the South Korea Institute of Science and Technology found fuel efficiency increases of 8% . If they can get 8% in university setting, I am sure in industry they can get a little more?
You still see spark plugs because it's proven and cheap but they are ancient tech compared to other systems on modern car. The concept of burning dead dinosaurs is ancient but yet here we are. Developing a new ignition system takes years.. Mazda developed a sparkless gas engine but at cold start it still uses spark control you will see manufactures going this route. There was talk ages ago about going to fiber optic or laser controled spark.

i lost all faith in the thread as soon as i see it’s from student13 lol
Holy shit i totally forgot about this clown... just like VQNismo guy lol

i lost all faith in the thread as soon as i see it’s from student13 lol
Holy shit i totally forgot about this clown... just like VQNismo guy lol

That’s ok Camry90, whenever I read the comments written by others on montrealracing.com, I temporarily loose my faith in humanity. But I just have to remember that I am one clown...... in a really big circus.

Cheers.

That’s ok Camry90, whenever I read the comments written by others on montrealracing.com, I temporarily loose my faith in humanity. But I just have to remember that I am one clown...... in a really big circus.

Cheers.
You definitely take centre stage for being a clown around here

lol quel article insipide. Avec plein d'erreur genre ... le PDG de porsche... fait quoi 10 ans qu'il est pus PDG de porsche ??

hahaha... javais pas remarquer

j'ai juste fait le lien entre le topic et l'article et je me disait ça doit pas être t-en de la bullshit

mais a bien y penser, la presse et bullshit hahaha

Back