Next one to bite the dust ???

$4M / number of car enthusiasts in Canada willing to split the costs of owning a personal racetrack = a pretty reasonable amount of money for owning your own racetrack

If you found 4,000 car guys in Canada who would pay $1,000 + annual maintenance fee, sign me up.

Just because it's up for sale doesn't mean it will actually sell and if it does, no guarantee that is changes from a race track.

Just because it's up for sale doesn't mean it will actually sell and if it does, no guarantee that is changes from a race track.

agreed, but given the trend of racetracks closing and making way for other non-automotive development, I wouldn't be surprised if someone saw the the land value as a cash cow. I can't blame them since it's free money, but if we could not only save a racetrack from an inevitable demise but actually own it and run it like car enthusiasts would, the could be awesome, and it could actually be done at a reasonable cost if everyone interested got together with a similar mindset.

agreed, but given the trend of racetracks closing and making way for other non-automotive development, I wouldn't be surprised if someone saw the the land value as a cash cow. I can't blame them since it's free money, but if we could not only save a racetrack from an inevitable demise but actually own it and run it like car enthusiasts would, the could be awesome, and it could actually be done at a reasonable cost if everyone interested got together with a similar mindset.
isn't it on an Indian Reserve and has been "for sale" for a bit of time?

Run it like a car enthusiast with several partners. Sounds like a great recipe to lose money.. ideally you need a couple wealthy benefactors to buy it who can offset the losses as a hobby for the greater good. ALLEGEDLY mosport makes money now, by I don't know if I believe it

Racing has always been the way to make a small fortune! only catch is that you must start with a large fortune!

Back