2019 Spotted Thread

Spotted this Probe at the car wash, the bay was blocked off with a garbage can and the owner didn't seem around. It looked very clean
139b86b50b6e5189ca76b81d7a8b3173.jpg

Sent from my BBE100-2 using Tapatalk

Probably another cyclist exercising his god given right to "share the road" and getting smoked whilst doing so.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Probably another cyclist exercising his god given right to "share the road" and getting smoked whilst doing so.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Generally it's the boomer in the SUV that goes 60 in a 30kph that causes the problems because he comes downtown once every 5 years. You can cycle around in the city faster than driving. To be fair the incidents I've had on my road bike have all been in the west island because of "boomer driver entitlement "

Generally it's the boomer in the SUV that goes 60 in a 30kph that causes the problems because he comes downtown once every 5 years. You can cycle around in the city faster than driving. To be fair the incidents I've had on my road bike have all been in the west island because of "boomer driver entitlement "

Ça rien a avoir avec les boomers ou les tite madames asiatique.
Promène toi dans le centre ville et TOUT ses alentours et tu va voir que les cyclistes sont délinquant en tbnk !!!
Le CSR ils connaissent pas ça ....

Mais peu importe si y'a un incident ou accident ou le cycliste est 100 % responsable because il se calisse du CSR , ça va etre la faute au méchant automobiliste.

Moi je travail sur la route et plus ça va plus j'ai une haine envers les esti cyclistes de marde.

Meh get used to it, lots more people using a bike in the city as transportation. I personally don't ride in the city too often unless it's up/down the mountain or to/from F1 track. However when I'm on a lakeshore riding properly on a scenic bypass and get almost clipper by someone driving 60-70kp it's pretty annoying

And yea it's always a boomer. I ride 5-6k a year. I've seen both sides of the argument. It's not like bike paths are any safer with people walking on them

I don’t see what’s wrong with the picture. Just a van parked on Atwater.
That's a no parking zone and a cycle lane. Above that it's no stopping / parking from 3-6pm I believe. Thanks to the paint used the cycle lane/warning has washed away. The only other way to ride down into st Henri in that area is down le courcelle which is a mine field.

Meh get used to it, lots more people using a bike in the city as transportation.

Oui j'ai pas le choix de m'y faire mais ça reste qu'un TRES GROS POURCENTAGE des cyclistes se calise du CSR,
même si tu dit non , la vrai réponse est quand même oui.

Comme j'ai dis je suis sur la route a journée longue et je les vois aller .........
Mais oui c'est aussi fou le nombres d'automobilistes que je vois qui conduisent en imbécile.

Ok
Problem is there no give and take from both sides. If I drive in an area with lots of bike traffic I'll pay more attention and predict there could be someone rolling a stop. It's the same when I ride. I expect a car door to fling open in front of me.

Ok
Problem is there no give and take from both sides. If I drive in an area with lots of bike traffic I'll pay more attention and predict there could be someone rolling a stop. It's the same when I ride. I expect a car door to fling open in front of me.

Problem is cyclists are using the 1.5 meter rule to force their way. The spandex warriors and the hipsters downtown going side by side or riding down the middle of the lane. I rode a bmx almost if not daily from 1996-1999 from verdun to westmount and we never road 3 across screaming at my friends on a city street. No matter what laws are in effect 3000lbs vs 225 lbs on a bike = you are done. We need to enforce the road laws ie stop signs, which lane to ride in, single file, because someone will get hurt eventually and being honest if I hit someone being a dipshit on a roadbike Id probably still sleep like a baby.

Problem is cyclists are using the 1.5 meter rule to force their way. The spandex warriors and the hipsters downtown going side by side or riding down the middle of the lane. I rode a bmx almost if not daily from 1996-1999 from verdun to westmount and we never road 3 across screaming at my friends on a city street. No matter what laws are in effect 3000lbs vs 225 lbs on a bike = you are done. We need to enforce the road laws ie stop signs, which lane to ride in, single file, because someone will get hurt eventually and being honest if I hit someone being a dipshit on a roadbike Id probably still sleep like a baby.

The 1.5m is in the CSR and you need to ride like everyone is trying to kill you. In many areas you can't stick close to the edge of the road (trust me I try) as the road is well broken and not there or you will get doored by someone who doesn't check mirrors. Stop signs now are just an 80$ fine and the same goes with speeding. No more points. I got a speeding ticket on my road bike once.

It works both ways though. You get asshats who park in cycle lanes or drive in them. So it forces you to ride in a car lane or the middle the road. Better yet detours in the city don't make things easy.. perfect example of this is St Urban to Marie Anne.. torn up for construction. Many drivers also forget it's a 30-40kph zone, not a 70+

I will agree though the lack of single file makes me insane. Let's say I want to pass some people I have to swing out into the road. It's the same on deadicated cycle paths such as Lachine canal between the 15 and Wellington. You get propel on bixis riding 4 wide wobbling all over. It's actually safer to ride on St Patrick on that section.

Riding a bike in the city has actually made me a better driver. Everyone needs to get off their phones and pay attention.

Back