How do I contact the prosecutor for my case?

67Continental

Legacy Member
I have a court date in early February for a very low-stakes ticket. I would like to pay the fine, and not have the demerit points.

How do I:

- find out who the prosecutor is for my case?
- get in touch with them?

Thanks.

I have a court date in early February for a very low-stakes ticket. I would like to pay the fine, and not have the demerit points.

How do I:

- find out who the prosecutor is for my case?
- get in touch with them?

Thanks.

There should be phone numbers behind your ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The prosecutor as no power on the points , it's the saaq that adjust the point once they are advised of the infraction

the only thing he can do is deal for a lower infraction ... but they have no obligation to do it, and it's bound by some legal regulation

The prosecutor as no power on the points , it's the saaq that adjust the point once they are advised of the infraction

the only thing he can do is deal for a lower infraction ... but they have no obligation to do it, and it's bound by some legal regulation

Im no lawyer but I’ve dealt down points over the phone lol

Im no lawyer but I’ve dealt down points over the phone lol

That's because they've dealt down to a lower infraction. Like he said, the points are attached to the infraction. So if you got a (let's say) 40 km/h over the limit which would equal 3 points (probably not correct, just using an example), the only way to lower it to 2 points or 1 point would be by modifying the infraction to say 20 or 30 km/h over the limit. But They can't leave it at 40 over and only 1 point...won't work.

It's not a speeding ticket. I've dealt points off several times with a lawyer, without changing the infraction. For example. I had a redlight ticket, which I paid the fine for but no points, and still had the conviction for the same offense, not a lesser offense.

It's not a speeding ticket. I've dealt points off several times with a lawyer, without changing the infraction. For example. I had a redlight ticket, which I paid the fine for but no points, and still had the conviction for the same offense, not a lesser offense.

Are you sure he didn't change the plea to passing on a yellow light?

Back