Porsche unveils 2019 Cayman GT4 Clubsport

Rob_SeR

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...46/2020-porsche-718-cayman-gt4-engine-rumors/

Elle aura le 3.8L N/A de l'ancienne Carrera S (et génération précédente de GT4), mais amélioré un peu pour lui donner un output de 425hp.

En ce qui concerne la GT4 pour la route, les articles sont encore contradictoires, certains parle d'un 3.0T, d'autre du 4.0L de la GT3 détuné, j'imagine qu'on aura plus de nouvelles très bientôt...!

Une chose est certains, ca dois être très plaisant cette nouvelle GT4 clubsport!

Yes, it is happening, but as I was saying in the intro of this article, the road going Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 will not sport the 3.8-liter, six-cylinder engine like the Clubsport. If we exclude the 3.8-liter, six cylinder, two options remain for the road going version of the 718 Cayman GT4 - the 3.0-liter turbocharged engine from the latest line of 911s, and the 4.0-liter flat-six from the 911 GT3. I’d like to see an N/A engine inside, but the 4.0-liter, flat-six from the 911 GT3 develops 500 horsepower which means that it would need to be considerably detuned for the 718 Cayman GT4.

However, as Car and Driver stated a long time ago (in 2017), after their talk with Andreas Preuninger, Head of GT road cars at Porsche Motorsport, Porsche isn’t looking to put the turbocharged engine in the Cayman. If this philosophy hasn’t changed, the 4.0-liter may really be on the table for the 718 Cayman GT4.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/11-li...orsche-718-cayman-gt4-clubsport-ar184034.html

Going with a 4 cylinder turbo engine was a major mistake from Porsche. The sound of the engine is terrible compare to the N/A. If you own a Porsche you know that the engine noise is really important.

i agree 100%. I have a deposit for the next gt4 since about a year, but you can trust me, if they put a turbo engine in it, i'm going to pass, keep my cayman S, save for a few years and get a gt3.

Same goes for the PDK, if it's only PDK, i'm passing as well.

I don't get why they keep trying to push turbocharged powerplants when so many people are pushing back for natural aspiration. This isn't a Honda Civic; it's a Porsche where every aspect of its driving characteristics matter.

well i guess some people like it, the 718 cayman s is the fastest cayman s ever produced, it has it's good sides too. But i rather a slower car that triggers more emotions.

I don't get why they keep trying to push turbocharged powerplants when so many people are pushing back for natural aspiration. This isn't a Honda Civic; it's a Porsche where every aspect of its driving characteristics matter.

Simple,

-lighter engine
-more power
-better fuel consumption
-cheaper to build

Cayman is a driver car, you dont buy it for its performance, you buy it for the smile it put on your face. The cayman S was knowned for her engine noise and it was a major bonus.

This is the same story as the VW R32 when they ditch the VR6 N/A for a turbo 4. Lot of enthusiast were complaining.

J’espère que ils vont mettre un Turbo dedans.
lol

You have to comply with emissions norms. And a turbo / supercharged engine being a smaller engine...does that better.
DO NOT FORGET...we are talking about whole VW group here. They still have W12 and W16 engines in their lineup. ��

Simple,

-lighter engine
-more power
-better fuel consumption
-cheaper to build

agreed, all of which are appealing to the manufacturer while none of which are appealing to the enthusiasts.

Cayman is a driver car, you dont buy it for its performance, you buy it for the smile it put on your face. The cayman S was knowned for her engine noise and it was a major bonus.

This is the same story as the VW R32 when they ditch the VR6 N/A for a turbo 4. Lot of enthusiast were complaining.

exactly why they should be offering the NA powerplant.

Back