Official 2020 Toyota Supra

I don't think so but let's be serious here look at both cars 1/4 mile time and trap speed. Both are nearly identical

No fucking way it has the advertised power to get those numbers at the 1320. 335hp... Right... The B58 engine is very underrated for the most part depending on configuration , I know it does have an overboost but it's only a couple PSI and holds it for longer. I'm also willing to bet the DME program is the exact same as what BMW does

Supra's even a bit quicker and only slightly lighter I believe, so yeah it's interesting. I guess we'll see how much Toyota actually toyed around with this engine once Z4 numbers start coming out. In Europe, the Z4 M40i will have the same "335hp" as the Supra, so Euro VS US Z4 dyno numbers will be interesting too.

In this thread a Euro "355hp" X3 M40i was calculated to have 394hp at the crank and I believe people were getting ~355 on the dyno.
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1558623

Last edited:
encore là, les chiffres d'un dyno ca veux dire ce que ca veux dire.... Y peut avoir 100hp de différence d'un dyno à l'autre...

Supra's even a bit quicker and only slightly lighter I believe, so yeah it's interesting. I guess we'll see how much Toyota actually toyed around with this engine once Z4 numbers start coming out. In Europe, the Z4 M40i will have the same "335hp" as the Supra, so Euro VS US Z4 dyno numbers will be interesting too.

In this thread a Euro "355hp" X3 M40i was calculated to have 394hp at the crank and I believe people were getting ~355 on the dyno.
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1558623
The dyno stuff I never buy into. I look at the trap speeds. 400-415hp is about what I've always thought. Personally I also feel Toyota didn't play around with too much on the car except for body and interior design

The problem with chassis dynos is they are all over the place. The same goes for calculating drivetrain loss. The "figures" of 15-20% are just random amounts. Lots of factors depend on it.

Regardless a low 12s street car on street tires that you can actually use daily. What a time to be alive.

The dyno stuff I never buy into. I look at the trap speeds. 400-415hp is about what I've always thought. Personally I also feel Toyota didn't play around with too much on the car except for body and interior design

The problem with chassis dynos is they are all over the place. The same goes for calculating drivetrain loss. The "figures" of 15-20% are just random amounts. Lots of factors depend on it.

Regardless a low 12s street car on street tires that you can actually use daily. What a time to be alive.

Yes, they have to estimate a lot of variables to come up with the dyno number. For trap speeds, we also have to consider that this engine makes full torque from 1,600–4,500 rpm. I would expect it to be deceptively quick relative to its HP rating. Also, I think the Supra's acceleration will be much less impressive on the highway.

I mean, VW ont fait la même affaire avec les MK7, affiché 220 au crank pis finalement c'est aux roues. Je serai pas étonné que les chiffres soit underrated.
Je sais pas pour vw mais pour Audi, la puissance affichée est la puissance minimum peu importe les conditions.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

Yes, they have to estimate a lot of variables to come up with the dyno number. For trap speeds, we also have to consider that this engine makes full torque from 1,600–4,500 rpm. I would expect it to be deceptively quick relative to its HP rating. Also, I think the Supra's acceleration will be much less impressive on the highway.
Having driven cars with variations of this engine in stock form and slight to medium tunes. The highway acceleration from 100-200 is what we should be looking at. Or 80-160. 1/4 mile times these days don't paint the entire picture, neither to Gs in corners. Not sure why Americans are so hung up on both

I'd be surprised, that would come back to bite them. Are there any dyno numbers yet for the Z4 M40i? That will be interesting to see..

Les dyno de B58 existent depuis 2 ans. oui c'est très underrated. 355-360 whp stock, crank il annonce autour de 370-380 selon l'application. Chippé avec rien d'autres 390whp. le potentiel est là, c'est une question de temps avant que les monstres arrivent!

La limite est notre octane, je trouve que le moteur souffre de heatsoak si je compare à mon ancien N55. Je vois déjà une bonne différence sur le buttdyno avec les 15-20 degrés qu'on a eu vs -10-10 degrés, par contre le b58 est à la base bien supérieur au N55. Par contre j'ai un X3, c'est peut-être différent et mieux ventiler sur la Supra/Z4. Il faudra des kit intercooler, meth kit pour bien exploiter en haut de 400 whp. Je vois aussi une énorme différence entre du 91 d'octane et 94.

il faudra une reprogrammation de la transmission aussi, c'est pas 100 % smooth entre la 1e et 2e en conduite relaxe une fois chippé. En conduite sport ou en mode manuel ça shift bien, le hic est vraiment quand on conduis smooth chippé, c'est tolérable quand même.

Last edited:
La nouvelle Z4 de base avec le 4 cylindre va avoir droit a une transmission manuelle.

De l'espoir pour la Supra?

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

La nouvelle Z4 de base avec le 4 cylindre va avoir droit a une transmission manuelle.

really?!?! ...wow.

en fait, je n'ai jamais cru que la Supra ne viendrait sans manuelle, question de temps et 1ere année du modèle.

Yea the 4pots have a stick. The 230i with msport stick looks interesting for euro delivery

Motortrend tested the new supra:
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-toyota-supra-dyno-test/
0-60 : 3.9
1/4 : 12.5
HP: 332 to rear wheel
Torque: 387 lbs to rear wheel
So on paper its 335hp & 365 lbs
So its suggest more 390hp 455lbs with a 15% drivetrain lost
2020-Toyota-Supra-front-three-quarter.jpg

Motortrend tested the new supra:
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-toyota-supra-dyno-test/
0-60 : 3.9
1/4 : 12.5
HP: 332 to rear wheel
Torque: 387 lbs to rear wheel
So on paper its 335hp & 365 lbs
So its suggest more 390hp 455lbs with a 15% drivetrain lost
https://st.motortrend.com/uploads/s...front-three-quarter.jpg?impolicy=modalgallery

Il ne reste qu'à savoir la masse de la voiture lors du passage au quart de mile.

Avec ça, on peut calculer la puissance de manière très, très précise, vive la physique.

Il ne reste qu'à savoir la masse de la voiture lors du passage au quart de mile.

Avec ça, on peut calculer la puissance de manière très, très précise, vive la physique.

How exactly do you factor the powerband into this equation?

Le fun que j'aurais serais de voir une Z4 puis une Supra sur le même dyno un à la suite de l'autre. On pourrait voir si Toyota a volontairement réduit les spec. À première vue ça semble cohérent avec un B58, le WHP un peu plus faible et WTQ plus haut que ce que j'ai vu mais ça doit entrer dans un range de variance normal.

Plus je vois la Supra et plus je dois avouer qu'elle me fait de l'effet. Pour le prix c'est quand même une super voiture.

How exactly do you factor the powerband into this equation?

Not the power band, the power.

1/4 mile time calculator are easy to find and pretty damn precise. They use basic physics with generally accepted values for drivetrain losses.

Le fun que j'aurais serais de voir une Z4 puis une Supra sur le même dyno un à la suite de l'autre. On pourrait voir si Toyota a volontairement réduit les spec. À première vue ça semble cohérent avec un B58, le WHP un peu plus faible et WTQ plus haut que ce que j'ai vu mais ça doit entrer dans un range de variance normal.

Plus je vois la Supra et plus je dois avouer qu'elle me fait de l'effet. Pour le prix c'est quand même une super voiture.

Moi le fun que j'aurais, c'est d'en pogné une sur la 15 pis de faire un sauvage pull avec , pour voir qu'est-ce que ça dit.

Not the power band, the power.

1/4 mile time calculator are easy to find and pretty damn precise. They use basic physics with generally accepted values for drivetrain losses.

I know, I just don't think it's that precise. They'll use weight and 1/4 mile time (and trap speed?), then factor in drivetrain loss to calculate the peak power of the car?

You'd have very different results with a car that makes 335 hp from 5,000–6,500 rpm and 369 lb⋅ft from 1,600–4,500 rpm than you would with a car that had the same max power and torque, but with a more peaky delivery, no? This is why I asked how they factor the powerband into the equation. If they don't, it's far from precise.

Plus, we already have multiple dyno results. Why try to calculate the power that way?

Moi le fun que j'aurais, c'est d'en pogné une sur la 15 pis de faire un sauvage pull avec , pour voir qu'est-ce que ça dit.

ça va arriver c'est sur. Je crois pas que grand monde les garde stock longtemps. Des Z4 ça risque d'être plus des mononcle qui conduise le dimanche et garde ça stock mais les Supra ça sera pas le même monde!

je suis souvent sur la 15 sud, on va peut-être se croiser et j'ai un B58 dans ma chaloupe de 2 tonnes. si tu passe pas ma chaloupe tu passeras pas une Supra!

Back