e30 import

theb1987

salut mr,

je me demandais si c'était très cher d'importer une voiture ici mettons d'europe ou du japon?

exemple je voudrais une bmw 325is 1991 en provenance d'europe, est-ce que c'est énormément de travail à faire rentrer ici?

merci! *tu*

Hard work no but CDN $ isn't very favorable right now to € so it's going to cost that much more. Clean E30s are still worth money in EU..

Also FYI Right hand drive E30s don't drive as nice as LHD. It has to do with how the steering works around the exhaust manifold

Last edited:
Hard work no but CDN $ isn't very favorable right now to € so it's going to cost that much more. Clean E30s are still worth money in EU..

Also FYI Right hand drive E30s don't drive as nice as LHD. It has to do with how the steering works around the exhaust manifold

With the exchange rate, importing a car from Europe has to be worth it. ie a car that was not available at all here. Otherwise try to find one locally.

I checked JDM auctions and in the past few months e30's have sold anywhere between $500-$5000 and there aren't a ton of them. None of them were very attractive. If you're patient, you might get a nice one at a half decent price from Japan. Most are LHD.

Personally, I'd try to find one locally. E30's are still relatively affordable here, I don't think the cost of importing one is justified. You can probably find a clean one here for $5-$8k. Importing one, you'll probably pay close to the same then also have to deal with thousands in broker, transport and inspection fees anyway.

I checked JDM auctions and in the past few months e30's have sold anywhere between $500-$5000 and there aren't a ton of them. None of them were very attractive. If you're patient, you might get a nice one at a half decent price from Japan. Most are LHD.

Personally, I'd try to find one locally. E30's are still relatively affordable here, I don't think the cost of importing one is justified. You can probably find a clean one here for $5-$8k. Importing one, you'll probably pay close to the same then also have to deal with thousands in broker, transport and inspection fees anyway.
You aren't finding a clean E30 here for 5k. A project yes but clean no. For something cleanish body and somewhat straight with so so mechanics 8k min. 10-12k for something nice but do expect some stuff not to work, oil leaks and by now all rubber gaskets needing replacement. I would be very concerned about rust especially around the base of the windshield/bulkhead.

Lots of people like the idea of owning a classic car but want it to work like new which is impossible. Stuff like the stupid on board computer won't work, same goes for the A/C or sunroof. To me this is stuff isn't critical to the car.

These cars last rolled off the line almost 30 years ago... You are buying it for the experience not reliability or speed or rapid parts availability...

The price of a container back from Europe you are better off bringing two cars. The port fees don't change all the much. However CBSA is going to love you when it lands in Montreal and they say "1000$ decontamination fee per car because there is a small piece of mud on the fender"

You aren't finding a clean E30 here for 5k. A project yes but clean no. For something cleanish body and somewhat straight with so so mechanics 8k min. 10-12k for something nice but do expect some stuff not to work, oil leaks and by now all rubber gaskets needing replacement. I would be very concerned about rust especially around the base of the windshield/bulkhead.

Lots of people like the idea of owning a classic car but want it to work like new which is impossible. Stuff like the stupid on board computer won't work, same goes for the A/C or sunroof. To me this is stuff isn't critical to the car.

These cars last rolled off the line almost 30 years ago... You are buying it for the experience not reliability or speed or rapid parts availability...

The price of a container back from Europe you are better off bringing two cars. The port fees don't change all the much. However CBSA is going to love you when it lands in Montreal and they say "1000$ decontamination fee per car because there is a small piece of mud on the fender"

Depends on your definition of clean I guess and how long he's willing to wait. For sure you're paying $10k+ for a really nice example.

$6300. Auto, but pretty good shape for the year.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks...88/1405379243?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I hadn't checked e30 ads in a long time though, didn't realise how scarce they've become. I had a buddy that had one for a few years. He said it was very reliable, once every single part was replaced :p

Few spots of rust and auto. Price is about right for a project, 5500$ would be a good offer. The few spots of rust never turn out to be that... E30s got turned into racecars and trashed. Most ended up unloved but there are some nice survivor cars. I rather deal with faded paint like my E34 had vs rust everywhere

Mileage is useless on old cars. You look for the cleanest one around. A proper PPI namely to check the chassis and body.

Quick input, import cost is cheaper from jp to ca than from eu to ca. Selection in Japan for non-M3 E30s sucks as they are 99% auto unless thats your thing... Japanese shops are also masters at making garbage look great in pictures fyi. Just for that I'd go Europe and find a 325XiT or something else we never got even if it's pricier. Nearest port will be Halifax for pickup.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Quick input, import cost is cheaper from jp to ca than from eu to ca. Selection in Japan for non-M3 E30s sucks as they are 99% auto unless thats your thing... Japanese shops are also masters at making garbage look great in pictures fyi. Just for that I'd go Europe and find a 325XiT or something else we never got even if it's pricier. Nearest port will be Halifax for pickup.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
You can ship to MTL for nearly the same price or less depending on line and sailing.

325xiT a mildly clean in EU will be 4-6k EUR if you can even find one that's clean. Lots of stuff ended up in Eastern Europe ages ago. The clean cars there suffer from the same pricing as here. South of Spain or France (non alps) would be good places to look. Cars rust in Germany and France as well.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-car...87/1409853620?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

$_59.JPG

Back