First accident for me

I had a 1K deductable on my 340i and all cars before it... and yup it was around 200-225$ a year difference

With the QX70 though it was like 6$ difference so I was like fuck it and now have 250$ deductible

35 years old
no accidents at fault *KNOCKING ON WOOD!!!!!*

the other reason why I was putting my deductible at 1000$.... was because I wouldn't claim anything below that figure anyways... a bumper fix (not change)/paint is what ? 7-800$ ? Would you even claim that with a 250$ deductible and then have your insurance go up ?

Even now that my deductible is 250$ .... I'd think long and hard before repairing it for a 1000$ job

Why do you think every body shop you go to asks "ARE YOU CLAIMING OR PAYING YOURSELF (CASH)?"

1000$ Cash job is a 2000$ Insurance job....

That's exactly why I have selected 1000 deductible

tu t'assure pour avoir une voiture un état semblable après les réparations...

Une voiture accidentée, même réparée avec des pièces neuves n'aura jamais la meme valeur.

De plus, ton auto a 4ans, je sais pas combien de temps tu comptais la garder encore, mais rendu là elle sera probablement pas admissible à être certifiée anyway.

Ta voiture n'était pas neuve lors de l'accident. C'est donc normal de remplacer les pièces endommagées par des pièces usagées à moins d'avoir la valeur à neuf. C'est quand même pas la faute de la compagnie d'assurance si tu as smashé ta voiture. Je comprend pas pourquoi tu es mad. Tu t'attendais à ce que l'assureur te remplace le véhicule?

Why the fuck would you do that?

If you have an at-fault accident in the last 5 years stick with your current insurer because somewhere else they'll put you on the higher risk market.

My wife totalled her $17,000 car last year. Insurance wrote a check. Two months later I switched the house and cars to Desjardin and saved $700 on the package compare to Intact.

My wife totalled her $17,000 car last year. Insurance wrote a check. Two months later I switched the house and cars to Desjardin and saved $700 on the package compare to Intact.

cest tu dans l’Événement ou elle s'est craché dans la facade de votre maison?

Am i missing something here?

Yes

Si tu aurais une valeur a neuf, il te metterais des morceaux neuf
Si tu avais une voiture avec un tres bas kilometrage et certain modele spécifique, il metterais des morceaux neuf

La tu a fessé ton char usagé, il vont te remettre des pièce usagé et tu va repartir avec ton petit bonheur et ta perte de valeur sur ton vehicule, ainsi est fait la vie.

Vas dans un garage mytheux proche de chez toi. Donne 500$ au gars pour qu'il recule dans ton char avec son forklift. Fais venir l'évaluateur pi profite de ton cheque pour t'acheter un char used réparé avec des pieces pas used.

Can you guys please help me out with a source for the law that I can go to a garage of my choice

Thanks
You can go anywhere you want, read your policy. It's up to them accept the hourly rate from the insurance and overall quote. The estimator will supply the garage with a list of parts, price and availability at which scrapyard. The payment will be mailed to you in your name and the shop name.

The problem is if there is a problem as it's not an approve repair outlet is that any issue you have the insurance company will wash their hands.

Stop making this more complex than it needs to be. It's a simple repair.

You can go anywhere you want, read your policy. It's up to them accept the hourly rate from the insurance and overall quote. The estimator will supply the garage with a list of parts, price and availability at which scrapyard. The payment will be mailed to you in your name and the shop name.

The problem is if there is a problem as it's not an approve repair outlet is that any issue you have the insurance company will wash their hands.

Stop making this more complex than it needs to be. It's a simple repair.

Thanks for the comments.

The problem that I have with the garage of "my choice", in this case Auto Bugatti, will only do the repair if I sign a wavier allowing them to use USED parts, and perform a non-certified (to their standards) repair. This legally allows them to do wtv they want. While I understand that this is a reputable body shop that will likely produce good work, I want to avoid that.

Update:

I called the suggested parts source as written on the insurance report (LKQ). The customer service rep was not able to find any of the required items in their system: aka not available.

I am compiling the necessary information to be able to come to terms with the insurance accordingly.

Regarding the insurance policy it does say that the insurer will base the reimbursement rate on the cost of SIMILAR items.
However if the SIMILAR items are not available, the price is calculated according to the list price (over 7k as I have figured out)

Well obviously... But if those items are available they will be used. Something like a bumper clip or hanger will be bought new. It doesn't allow them to do what they want. They are covering their ass if there are issues down the line, like if the bumper starts to peel paint. They aren't going to install a new part if the insurance company is only paying for a used item. It actually works out better for you as the used items will lower the amount of claim on the cars record.

Personally I've always found Bugatti over rated and difficult to deal with.

I'm not really sure why you are putting much thought and time into this. As I said this isn't a difficult or complex repair but you are sure turning it into one. Somehow I am starting to think that you are actually looking to self repair and get the money then find the parts the lowest amount of cost then pocket the difference .. hence why you are pushing so hard for new parts as it will drive the claim up and more chances to pocket money

Unless you care to explain why a headlight on a 4-5 year old car should be replaced with a completely new part

You'd rather have over 10k damage on your report than a smaller amount? Not sure if it will play well when you try to resell your car.

Amount of reported damage will play a much bigger role than what parts were used for repair when you try to negociate your sale

If i were you, i would take a nice cheaper used oem part and have it painted flawless. And move on with life

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Well obviously... But if those items are available they will be used. Something like a bumper clip or hanger will be bought new. It doesn't allow them to do what they want. They are covering their ass if there are issues down the line, like if the bumper starts to peel paint. They aren't going to install a new part if the insurance company is only paying for a used item. It actually works out better for you as the used items will lower the amount of claim on the cars record.

Personally I've always found Bugatti over rated and difficult to deal with.

I'm not really sure why you are putting much thought and time into this. As I said this isn't a difficult or complex repair but you are sure turning it into one. Somehow I am starting to think that you are actually looking to self repair and get the money then find the parts the lowest amount of cost then pocket the difference .. hence why you are pushing so hard for new parts as it will drive the claim up and more chances to pocket money

Unless you care to explain why a headlight on a 4-5 year old car should be replaced with a completely new part

I am only trying to have the repair done by the people that are qualified to do the repair, that will be able to give me a paper at the end that says "Certified BMW repair".
To my knowledge, in Montreal this can be done by Auto Bugatti or BMW Laval.

The car is under warranty, I want to avoid a situation where the dealer will tell me to fuck off for a warranty repair in the future based on the fact that a car was accidented and repaired without their "own" certification.

If I wanted to get insurance money I would have totalled the car. And from what I understand the insurance send the check in the name of the selected shop, and not my name.

No if you are doing self repair it comes in your name and you can do what you wish with it. Fix the car or drive it around damaged. The insurance will pay you for the damage.

Having it fixed at a shop that's approved they will be paid directly, and having it done at a shop that isn't approved by the insurance company means the money comes in both names. Option one they pay you minus deductable, 2-3 you pay the 1000$ at the shop.

If you are so concerned just take it to a BMW dealer and let them deal with it... BMW Laval body shop isnt bad vs coming on here everyday crying. A simple fender bender has turned into a saga

This is a car forum used to exchange information and experiences, hence why I am here.
I guess your understanding of that vs. crying is flawed.
As I said already it’s the first time I’m in an accident and/or dealing with insurance, so I’m asking questions.
Thanks for the input anyway

Back