First accident for me

Thanks all for the replies.

Regarding the description of the accident, I never said I was not at fault, I just outlined what happened.
Had I kept a higher distance, I may have potentially stopped in time in front of the car the decided to turn all of the sudden, even still I came up behind him and not the other way around, so I'm at fault regardless.
Interesting note: during this incident, the collision detection didn't flash red, the emergency braking didn't pop and the ABS felt like it didn't do it's job. As i recall the feeling during braking - I was skidding. Combination of shitty circumstances.

Update so far:

I went to BMW West Island, they said they send everyone to Auto Bugatti by default.
I went to Auto Bugatti, they described the damage as fairly minor, upon further inspection it is: Headlight, Bumper, Front cross bar is bent in ~1.5inches so that'll have to be replaced.
They described themselves as a "dealer" type garage, but for body work.
Ultimately that's what I'm looking for, I'd like an as close as possible to OEM type repair.

I am with WAWANESSA, and the deductible is 1k.

The manager at Auto Bugatti said they typically never have issues with WAWANESSA and I get to pick where I want to go for repairs.

Should any issues arise, what should I expect? Negotiation with the insurance company? Other details?

Like I said, I've never been in an accident since I got my license in 2007 so I am new to this.

Oh an another question:

Any chance they're gonna wanna write off the car? I wouldn't want that as it is fairly rare with all the options it has. And I mean, ive covered up the headlight and im driving it now without issues.

Oh an another question:

Any chance they're gonna wanna write off the car? I wouldn't want that as it is fairly rare with all the options it has. And I mean, ive covered up the headlight and im driving it now without issues.

They aren't going to scrap it for that damage and by law you can have your car repaired anywhere you wish. That shop just needs to accept the terms of the insurance company... Honestly this is a pretty simple repair job don't over think it.

I’d say change insurance company after this incident lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why the fuck would you do that?

If you have an at-fault accident in the last 5 years stick with your current insurer because somewhere else they'll put you on the higher risk market.

Why the fuck would you do that?

If you have an at-fault accident in the last 5 years stick with your current insurer because somewhere else they'll put you on the higher risk market.

Because Wawanesa is a trash insurance company

I’d say that’s not always the case, two claims in the past year and was able to get a cheaper rate with another insurance company...

Because Wawanesa is a trash insurance company

I’d say that’s not always the case, two claims in the past year and was able to get a cheaper rate with another insurance company...

Two is the key.

1 at-fault accident for existing buisness means you can stay in the regular market but when you have 2 at-fault accidents they can put you on the high-risk market at renewal.

But for new-buisness 1 at-fault accident is enough to put you on the higher-risk market.

I could be wrong because I dont do it in Quebec but I dont see it being that much different on that.

Two is the key.

1 at-fault accident for existing buisness means you can stay in the regular market but when you have 2 at-fault accidents they can put you on the high-risk market at renewal.

But for new-buisness 1 at-fault accident is enough to put you on the higher-risk market.

I could be wrong because I dont do it in Quebec but I dont see it being that much different on that.

I was going from intact Western to Promutuel in QC new customer, two not at fault claims one collision one comprehensive.

Got refused a quote/opening of a file by 2-3 companies because of the claims

c'est vraiment pas nice un accident je ne pense pas que personne est content quand ça arrive et je sais de quoi je parle! ça m'est arrivé en 2016 mon premier et seul accident non responsable sur la 440 ouest.

mon auto était perte total. j'ai eu plus que ce que j'avais payé! *tu* reste que j'étais en tbnk quand je me suis fait rentrer dedans.

shit happens i guess!

Update:

Got the estimate from the insurance
They are trying to screw me over big time, they are estimating at around 5k for everything including labor tax in. The bumper is used.

I am getting the estimate from the garage soon and an estimate in just parts as well

Any suggestions on how to fight this further?

Update:

They are trying to screw me over big time, they are estimating at around 5k for everything including labor tax in. The bumper is used.

I am getting the estimate from the garage soon and an estimate in just parts as well

And how is the insurance trying to screw you? If they estimate it at 90$ or 900000$ what's the difference. Pay the 1000$ deductible and complain if the job is not good. I had once a car repainted because a tree fell on it, when I got there the color match sucked. I just called my insurance and they fixed it.

It's a 2015, they have to find used parts if available

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Update:

That's not screwing you over. Used parts on a 2015 are normal, stop being a cry baby, pay the 1000$ and move on. You aren't driving a super rare car or super valuable. I'm more impressed they managed to find anything used. Makes no difference as the parts on your car were already 4-5 years old. 5k-6k is actually a very fare estimate insurance wise

Just make sure the color match is good and move on with life or pay for it out of pocket

Mmm, il ya anguille sous roche...Laisses toi pas faire. Rappelle les, shoot leur dla marde.

Dis leur que tu veux etre echangé.

Que ce soit un 2015 a aucun rapport avec le fait qu'y posent des morceaux used, jobber ou OEM. Mon Escape 2014 les 3 fois que y'a été tappé y'ont mis des morceaux neuf d'origine Ford(sauf la premiere fois que je l'ai envoyé reparer chez le dealer y'a asseyer de fourrer la cie d'assurance) paske j'ai la valeur a neuf.

Mais si OP a pas pris la valeur a neuf, bin c'est ca, tu te ramasse ak du jobber ou du OEM used, dépendamment ski est moins cher.

Que ce soit un 2015 a aucun rapport avec le fait qu'y posent des morceaux used, jobber ou OEM.

Pour avoir travaillé avec des compagnie d'assurances et des bodyshops je confirme qu'il vont avec l'année et le millage du véhicule. Avoir une "valeur à neuf" c'est un autre cas.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

I had a 1K deductable on my 340i and all cars before it... and yup it was around 200-225$ a year difference

With the QX70 though it was like 6$ difference so I was like fuck it and now have 250$ deductible

35 years old
no accidents at fault *KNOCKING ON WOOD!!!!!*

the other reason why I was putting my deductible at 1000$.... was because I wouldn't claim anything below that figure anyways... a bumper fix (not change)/paint is what ? 7-800$ ? Would you even claim that with a 250$ deductible and then have your insurance go up ?

Even now that my deductible is 250$ .... I'd think long and hard before repairing it for a 1000$ job

Why do you think every body shop you go to asks "ARE YOU CLAIMING OR PAYING YOURSELF (CASH)?"

1000$ Cash job is a 2000$ Insurance job....

That's not screwing you over. Used parts on a 2015 are normal, stop being a cry baby, pay the 1000$ and move on. You aren't driving a super rare car or super valuable. I'm more impressed they managed to find anything used. Makes no difference as the parts on your car were already 4-5 years old. 5k-6k is actually a very fare estimate insurance wise

Just make sure the color match is good and move on with life or pay for it out of pocket

That's the thing, they have not found the parts. It's the insurance company's estimate.
I have a quote for the dealer in parts only for the same items that are specified on the insurance report, and the total is 7.6k before tax parts ONLY, without paint and labor.

Tu semble etre un client dur a satisfaire et/ou qui vois des crosse partout.

Merci donc de tes commentaires constructifs, je t'invite a visiter la discussion le plus souvent possible :)

The reason for my dissapointment is really the fact that when I will sell this car, I may potentially want to trade it in for another one. The dealer will look at the damage report, with used parts applied and will tell me to go fuck myself with regards to the trade in value because they will not want to certify the car for the next owner.
Isn't that what insurance is for? I am insuring myself against vehicle damage, loss of value, accelerated depreciation due to the repair? Am i missing something here?

Logically for the insurance company I understand it is in their best interest to pay the least amout of money possible regardless of the situation.

To come back on topic, the only reason I am posting this here is to get opinions and suggestions from people who have been in the same situation on how to deal with the insurance company.

Thanks.

Back