Can’t the auto show be held at a slightly better time of year?

student13

I just wonder why can’t the salon d’auto be held at a period of time when the weather is not bone chilling cold? ( I understand that business is business and everyone wants to pay low rent ) but still wtf! If they did it like late February they would probably be paying almost the same fees to Palais du congres, and like instead of dragging a heavy coat and crappy weather it would be a little more reasonable for atendees ?

Coat check is $3 bro. And since it's not at the Olympic stadium anymore, who cares if it's snowing outside, there's a roof and heat.

Et la temperature moyenne en février est un degré plus chaud qu'en janvier, c'est pas ça qui va faire que tu laisses ton manteau à la maison

Imagine nous on ce caliss de toi imagine eux et de ton Opinion

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Coat check is $3 bro. And since it's not at the Olympic stadium anymore, who cares if it's snowing outside, there's a roof and heat.

Et la temperature moyenne en février est un degré plus chaud qu'en janvier, c'est pas ça qui va faire que tu laisses ton manteau à la maison

On the weekend you must park outside because its gets full fast the indoor park. Or you must get out somewhere from the metro, and start up cold, my experience maybe yours are better.
But come on, like early March would not kill anyone.

The only reasonable reason to wanting a different time of year, is so that it isn't timed in line with the Detroit Auto Show, which would allow to us to see some vehicles that are usually reserved for Detroit.

I personally don't mind it, and we also park outside. We usually find free parking, walk outside for about 5 mins and walk the rest indoors, so weather has never really been an issue.

just park at the complexe desjardins and walk max 10 min inside the REZO to the palais des congres!

Who gives a shit about salon auto anyway you really need to go there to see the same shit cars as the year before with 1 stiche on seat difference from the year before so they can say its a new model??

Il y a des salon/événement pratiquement a toute les fin de semaine de l’annee, des fois des gros comme celui de l’auto et bateaux et d’autres plus petits.

Donc pratiquement impossible a changer de date, de plus, a l’exception d’une tempête, plus il fait degeulasse dehors plus le Salon va marcher. C’est un exutoire a l’hiver et la raison principale pour laquelle c’est tenue en hiver.

Faque prends un des 50 building autour qui offre un parking sous terrain et vas-y par les tunels thats it

The only reasonable reason to wanting a different time of year, is so that it isn't timed in line with the Detroit Auto Show, which would allow to us to see some vehicles that are usually reserved for Detroit.
Detroit will be in June starting next year.
Il y a des salon/événement pratiquement a toute les fin de semaine de l’annee, des fois des gros comme celui de l’auto et bateaux et d’autres plus petits.

Donc pratiquement impossible a changer de date, de plus, a l’exception d’une tempête, plus il fait degeulasse dehors plus le Salon va marcher. C’est un exutoire a l’hiver et la raison principale pour laquelle c’est tenue en hiver.

Faque prends un des 50 building autour qui offre un parking sous terrain et vas-y par les tunels thats it
Je sais pas où student13 habite, mais si il est de la région de Montréal et qu’il connait pas la ville souterraine qui existe depuis 50 ans, il est maillet en esti.

Last edited:
The Salon de L'Auto has exclusivity at the Palais des Congrès for all auto shows. There is always Place Bonavanture. I remember in the early 2000s a group of the luxury manufacturers didn't appear at the Salon de l'Auto and there was a competing "Salon de Luxe" at Bonaventure. That didn't last long.

I do admire the longevity of the business plan. It will never get old and people will always go. A real money maker (until someone figures out a better way).

Here is a 17 year old thread:

https://www.montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?114-AUTO-SHOW/

LOL at the ICQ icon under West Aust's avatar. Also no website for the show only newspaper ads!

I just wonder why can’t the salon d’auto be held at a period of time when the weather is not bone chilling cold? ( I understand that business is business and everyone wants to pay low rent ) but still wtf! If they did it like late February they would probably be paying almost the same fees to Palais du congres, and like instead of dragging a heavy coat and crappy weather it would be a little more reasonable for atendees ?

Peut etre qu'il faudrait tout tout fermer de décembre a avril, qu'est ce que t'en pense ?
Hibernation obligatoire pour tous.

Peut etre qu'il faudrait tout tout fermer de décembre a avril, qu'est ce que t'en pense ?
Hibernation obligatoire pour tous.
Mets en. Réduction de CO2 de -30% direct, on pourra respecter l'accord de Paris jusqu'en 2030 tout en continuant de faire du sea doo et de la motocross deux temps.

Olympic stadium was a better venue but after the roof collapse 20 years ago the autoshow never returned.

Student13 is just being a troll per usual. Yea the layout of the show has always been crap but the venue is central with for the most part easy access. Park at Angrinon and take the metro. Save 25$ for parking and the headache of driving downtown.

The autoshow during the summer months people wouldn't show up with vacation and other things in the city to do. Generally the spring and early summer is when people will likely buy a car. Face it it's winter and cold as fuck for half the year. The rental price of PdC doesn't really change all that much it's a set per SQ/M price.

What is nice about the show being held in January, is that for car people it sort of “breaks up” the winter blues. It’s the only car event between November and April. It’s very welcomed.

Olympic stadium was a better venue but after the roof collapse 20 years ago the autoshow never returned.

Student13 is just being a troll per usual. Yea the layout of the show has always been crap but the venue is central with for the most part easy access. Park at Angrinon and take the metro. Save 25$ for parking and the headache of driving downtown.

The autoshow during the summer months people wouldn't show up with vacation and other things in the city to do. Generally the spring and early summer is when people will likely buy a car. Face it it's winter and cold as fuck for half the year. The rental price of PdC doesn't really change all that much it's a set per SQ/M price.
They could simply not hide some stairs and it would help with the layout already.

Back