1988 Rothmans Porsche Turbo Cup

Wow Stephane Proulx RIP, haven't heard that name in decades. Sadly, Quebec has totally forgotten about this guy. So much talent and speed but crashed a lot. Here's another classic.

Ludwig Heimrath is a character still to this day

Also classic Tremblant

Scott Goodyear charge through the field. One of the finest bits of driving ever. I believe legend has it they got the wastegate for Goodyears car off a car in the parking lot and ran it with a different spring. There are bunch of tales of "bending the rules" with the faster guys.. window switchs that were wired to boost controllers etc

Ludwig Heimrath is a character still to this day

Also classic Tremblant https://youtu.be/1-eol0xxCKk

Scott Goodyear charge through the field. One of the finest bits of driving ever. I believe legend has it they got the wastegate for Goodyears car off a car in the parking lot and ran it with a different spring. There are bunch of tales of "bending the rules" with the faster guys.. window switchs that were wired to boost controllers etc
https://youtu.be/ylHVioKx9SU

Race 6, Uncle Jacques takes Spenard to school, look at the drift @ 13:23 giving it full beans laying down the rubber, the other 2 looked like they were crawling through in comparison.

Back to the present, Rolex 24 hours @ 2pm. Go go Alonso and Alex Zanardi.

Race 6, Uncle Jacques takes Spenard to school, look at the drift @ 13:23 giving it full beans laying down the rubber, the other 2 looked like they were crawling through in comparison.

Back to the present, Rolex 24 hours @ 2pm. Go go Alonso and Alex Zanardi.
Yea and boost was "set" car shoots out fire ball and lays down some 11s my dad takes about race 6 as if it was the seconding coming

Dsl si il y en a qui sont pas d'accord mais ces courses là étaient 100x plus palpitantes qu'une course de formule 1 d'aujourd'hui. Même si c'est pas les chars les plus rapides, j'ai regardé les vidéos assis sur le bout de mon siège. Faut dire que le descripteur fait toute une job pour nous garder en haleine.

Dsl si il y en a qui sont pas d'accord mais ces courses là étaient 100x plus palpitantes qu'une course de formule 1 d'aujourd'hui. Même si c'est pas les chars les plus rapides, j'ai regardé les vidéos assis sur le bout de mon siège. Faut dire que le descripteur fait toute une job pour nous garder en haleine.
That's how sports car racing is. BTCC is insane in person.

Those were the days- Canada was spoiled- 6 national series- lots of cigarettes money keeping the wheels greased properly.
Gonzales is the best commentator!!

Those were the days- Canada was spoiled- 6 national series- lots of cigarettes money keeping the wheels greased properly.
Gonzales is the best commentator!!
Motorsports never recovered when tobacco money had to pull out. Alcohol and Pharma money could never match it

Unfortunately it will just remain a legend.....
However , to be sure all future legendary cars are accessible, I will not sell any of my cars anymore.

Back