2019 restyled Passat

allroad

The 2019 restyled Passat for the European market looks nice, not extravagant but more classy.

The plug-in hybrid Passat GTE Wagon would be my perfect car. It is the size I need, I can get to/from work on electric and would have the range on long weekend ski outings. The car looks good, it is roomy and the interior is well laid out (I like the cloth).

The biggest downside, I live in North America and it is not available here...Why does VW N.A. bring the Arteon @ $50K, I would rather we have this Passat at $50K. What is wrong with VW N.A. management?

vw-passat-facelift-2019.jpg

https://uk.motor1.com/news/304092/2019-vw-passat-facelift-europe-reveal/

Watched a UK review on YouTube yesterday, looks more upscale than what we get here...

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I went to Iceland for 2 weeks and European cars are so much nicer. We had a 2019 cx-3 and god was it nice compared to the North American models i saw at the auto show. Why is it that cars always look so much better in Europe? Regulations?

I went to Iceland for 2 weeks and European cars are so much nicer. We had a 2019 cx-3 and god was it nice compared to the North American models i saw at the auto show. Why is it that cars always look so much better in Europe? Regulations?
Regulation? Really... People in Europe generally have better taste but there have been some really ugly European Cars as well.

A big difference is the suspension they bolt on NA cars is softer vs European. So it ruins the feel

Regulation? Really... People in Europe generally have better taste but there have been some really ugly European Cars as well.

A big difference is the suspension they bolt on NA cars is softer vs European. So it ruins the feel
That and bumper design... We always get chunkier bumpers...

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Correct and not limited to cars, extends to food, clothing and architecture. Let's face it, their history runs much deeper than north america. On the flip side, they are also very capable of ugly designs.

I was surprised to learn that there is no AWD passat anymore... Only FWD.

What is wrong with a midsize AWD sedan??? looks like nobody want them anymore, only SUV/XUV...

It looks nice.

That being said, it must be tiring to always feel like the grass is greener on the other side / out of reach.
When you love something... but it doesn't love you back. The life of an euro car enthusiast.

We have speed limits that aren't headed in the right direction, increasing congestion, shit roads and infrastructures and you guys are always looking for "sport suspensions" and more "driving dynamics".

The rest of the market isnt, which is why we're getting what we're getting.
VW has played the upscale game and lost.

At the 50k price point I'd look at the highlander hybrid.

It looks nice.

That being said, it must be tiring to always feel like the grass is greener on the other side / out of reach.
When you love something... but it doesn't love you back. The life of an euro car enthusiast.

We have speed limits that aren't headed in the right direction, increasing congestion, shit roads and infrastructures and you guys are always looking for "sport suspensions" and more "driving dynamics".

The rest of the market isnt, which is why we're getting what we're getting.
VW has played the upscale game and lost.

At the 50k price point I'd look at the highlander hybrid.

Imo, the golf is still a euro car. The awd wagon is one of the best daily drivers you can buy, and the high trim rivals Audis.

Et les rednecks européens rêvent d'avoir des Mustang à 30k et du gaz à 1,10$/l.

Beau char la Passat sinon mais je crois effectivement que le marché n'est pas là en Amérique du nord.

Tant qu'on a la golf sw 4motion 6sp je suis content.

It looks nice.

The problem here is status is everything. Why buy a 50-60k VW when you can buy a BMW or Mercedes because it's luxury. In EU BMW , Mercedes etc is just seen as a car. Lots of people have what's best for value mentality. Someone I know in Germany dumped her newer C class touring for a Skoda Superb Touring.. better value. If Peugeot sold the 508 here it would be priced the same to an A4 but FWD...

That's the other problem. People here just buy an SUV that drives like a bulldozer.

Last edited:
I like it a lot, minus the digital cluster and lack of handbrake. Are we getting a wagon Passat again? Or another "suck it you north american bitch; go buy an Atlas".

vont tu faire un w8?

asking for a friend.

lol no.

but tell your friend he's awesome just for asking. Long gone are the W8 AWD manual Passat wagons. Fucken unicorn car.

Back