Cruises/Croisières

D_Accord

Legacy Member
Never tried it and always thought it was for old people... I guess since I'm considering one I'm old now. Having said that I do like the idea of waking up everyday in a new country and exploring it shortly, hop back on and to the next one.

Any of you have any tips? anything to avoid? good/bad experience?

Je reviens dune croisière de 5 jours dans les Caraïbes et je peux te confirmer que c'est pas juste des vieux lol. Tu dois figurer le billet d'avion, alcool et extras dans ton budget.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

We used to go in September to avoid most people with kids, there are still some kids. They also removed stops from a lot of cruises so now you spend more time on sea :( The last one I went to was a Bermuda cruise, was not bad at all. W-E caribbean got a little boring with less stops now, same old if you keep going over and over but was cool at first. My fav company is Royal, she liked Norwegian a little more for Europe cruises.

There are some real crappy excursions so look out, when you decided where you want to go, I can tell you some if I've been there. If locals offer you anything, don't take it or you'll have to pay. Like little girls run up to you with cheap necklaces saying "everybody gets one", say no instead of reaching out to see it! One place was running a parrot scam, they let you take pics with them and then demand money.

There is a 15 nights Celebrity Panama canal cruise on Oct 25 this year, from Miami to San Diego with 7 stops. I would be buying tickets tomorrow if she would be here :( but alone I'm not interested.

We always book with these women after we find something interesting online, they take care of everything and in case of a hurricane they are on top of it to make sure you got seats on the first available plane.

ps you might get addicted and find beach vacations boring after cruising lol

C’est la pire et la meilleure façon de voyager.

La pire car tu te fais fourré a chaque escale, car tu est un gros signe de $ pour les locaux, tu n’a pas le temps de visiter et tu va te créer une fausse idée (positive ou négative) de l’endroit visiter

La meilleure car, c’est impossible de voyager et de visiter autant de pays dans un délai aussi cours et pour aussi peux de $$

Si tu aimes tes vacances dans des hôtels tout inclus, tu va aimer ca. Si tu aime voyager leger, te promener et explorer tu va détester

Goddamn cruises are expensive and I suppose all the excursions are extra..
Nothing interesting for less than 2k/person in march (6 or 7 days)

We used to go in September to avoid most people with kids, there are still some kids. They also removed stops from a lot of cruises so now you spend more time on sea :( The last one I went to was a Bermuda cruise, was not bad at all. W-E caribbean got a little boring with less stops now, same old if you keep going over and over but was cool at first. My fav company is Royal, she liked Norwegian a little more for Europe cruises.

There are some real crappy excursions so look out, when you decided where you want to go, I can tell you some if I've been there. If locals offer you anything, don't take it or you'll have to pay. Like little girls run up to you with cheap necklaces saying "everybody gets one", say no instead of reaching out to see it! One place was running a parrot scam, they let you take pics with them and then demand money.

There is a 15 nights Celebrity Panama canal cruise on Oct 25 this year, from Miami to San Diego with 7 stops. I would be buying tickets tomorrow if she would be here :( but alone I'm not interested.

We always book with these women after we find something interesting online, they take care of everything and in case of a hurricane they are on top of it to make sure you got seats on the first available plane.

ps you might get addicted and find beach vacations boring after cruising lol

Do you have to leave a bunch of tips at the end of the cruise?

Goddamn cruises are expensive and I suppose all the excursions are extra..
Nothing interesting for less than 2k/person in march (6 or 7 days)
The excursions are extra but if you go through an agent you can sometimes get 1 tossed in or a drinks package. My in-laws are big time cruise goers like 6-10 per year..

If you do excursions book with the line as if the bus is running late they won't leave you behind or worse you running the pier with 2000 people laugh at you.

2. If you do get off the ship get the exact time you need to be back by. Not the departure time. The schedule should be handed out and posted.

3. All the islands are pretty much the same

4. Avoid Carnival at all costs. Best entertainment tho.

Thanks Greg
Ironically there are so many carnival cruises at good prices, I wonder why haha
Carnival isn't a bad line it's just caters to the common person and younger crowd/families. The rooms are much larger from what I'm told but everything on the ship is in your face. The ship makes a huge difference, older ships will have less things to do on board. RCI and Carnival have a ton of older ships that have been paid off for years, they get refitted every 10 years or so.

Holland America caters to a senior crowd. My in laws who are in their mid 60s did a 14 day central america cruise. They said they were some of the youngest people on the ship. Cunard is much the same

3 day sailings from Miami, Port Canaveral etc will be loud booze cruises. From what I'm told Disney is the best line hands down but that comes with a massive price tag.

Last time I was on a cruise George W was still president. Our trip in Feburary is on a new ship with MSC. 7 days in the med

J'ai fais 4 croisères à dates (tous avec Disney) et j'ai adoré ca. Plus que les All Inclusive en tout cas.

Oui, c'est plus cher car tu dois réserver ton avion à part et habituellement tu n'arrive pas la même journée que ton bateau lève les voiles! J'ai vu et entendu plein d'histoires d'horreur la-dessus. Ne soit pas la personne qui manque son bateau parce que l'avion a eu un retard...

Au niveau de la compagnie, je recommande biensur DCL (même sans enfant), mais ca vient avec un pricetag.
Sinon, RCCL et Princess.

Carnival c'est un hit or miss.

Si t'es le style "beach club is my life" ou "drink 'til i hit the floor", prends un 3night cruise à partir de Miami. :)

Ceux de l'europe on l'air plus intéressante. Les villes sont beaucoup plus proche donc moin de temps sur le bateau( nuit) et plus de temps en ville.
Genre ceux qui passe l'italie etc.

Si ta croisière te coûte au départ 2000 $. Attends toi à sortir minimum 3000 $ au final car tout est extra. Avec RC, on avait pris une chambre avec balcon qui était superbe. J'ai pris le package internet car on était 3 couples et on voulait rester en contact. Ajoute le package d'alcool $$$ et un restaurant à la carte, 2 sorties en plongée sous marine et quelques extras ici et la, la facture monte rapidement. J'exclu le vol et l'hotel la dedans en passant.

Ça vaut la peine de l'essayer mais c'est pas des vacances données c'est certain. Ça dépend c'est quoi tes priorités en voyage. Si tu veux visites plusieurs endroits, c'est bien mais les escales sont trop courtes pour en profiter pleinement.

Ceux de l'europe on l'air plus intéressante. Les villes sont beaucoup plus proche donc moin de temps sur le bateau( nuit) et plus de temps en ville.
Genre ceux qui passe l'italie etc.

dans les îles grecques ca dois être l'fun aussi j'imagine.

C'est une industrie en pleine croissance. Il y a maintenant une offre qui va du bas de gamme (Carnival, MSC ou Costa) au ultra haut de gamme (Seabourn, Azamara) sur de plus petits navires. J'en ai fait une bonne dizaine partout dans le monde. Comme le dit ggti, c'est à la fois la pire et à la fois la meilleure façon de voyager. Le gros avantage, c'est que tu n'es pas toujours "dans tes valises" pendant la durée de ton voyage. Le gros désavantage, surtout sur les gros navires, les files d'attente partout et tout le temps: pour embarquer, pour débarquer, pour manger, à la douane quand tu changes de pays, etc.

À mon avis, le milieu de gamme offre ce qu'il y a souvent de plus intéressant avec un bon rapport qualité-prix. Princess, Celebrity ou Royal Carribean offrent en général des navires "rénovés" avec un service décent et de la nourriture très acceptable.

Beaucoup de gens m'ont dit ça. Le seul moment ou on a attendu, c'était pour embarquer au port la première journée. Le processus est un peu long. Pour le reste, j'ai jamais vraiment attendu. Au buffet, si tu attends pour du service, alors oui, tu peux attendre longtemps. Tu peux aussi aller te chercher tes breuvages (alcool et breuvage sans alcool premium). Pour les excursions ou sorties, aucune attente vraiment. Même chose pour embarquer, tu passes le check-up et c'est une affaire de 2 minutes. J'imagine que l'expérience varie d'une compagnie à l'autre. Royal Caribeen c'était sur la coche côté organisation.

Did Alaska cruise exactly 1-year ago. Really nice.

Note: it's *not* a Caribbean cruise so it's quite laid back and not many drunks / big party. We went in September, so average age was easily >60. So if you want action/ party, you may be bored. If you want to see amazing sights, relax and great food - 100% recommended.

IMG_20180919_155424.jpg

Last edited:
Back