Question on Gmail, android and giving your cell number to reset.

student13

Hi guys I have never owned and android phone. I am looking at the galaxy or notes ie Samsung.

I have a few questions as a lifelong Apple owner. I know that you use Gmail to locate and lock your phone, and basically Google Play store user ID. I have 2 factor authentication on my Gmail account with my CELL PHONE NUM. The problem arises if I buy an Android devices, and my phone gets stolen. All the guy has to do to take over my Gmail, and delist device from gmail is have a text message sent to the phone he stole ? doesn't that present a problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Caliss que ta vie est compliqué pour rien.

Tu pense que apple ont pas tes info? Check le nombre de fois que le cloud ce fais hacker.

Ta juste a pas perdre ton cell esti.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Hi guys I have never owned and android phone. I am looking at the galaxy or notes ie Samsung.

I have a few questions as a lifelong Apple owner. I know that you use Gmail to locate and lock your phone, and basically Google Play store user ID. I have 2 factor authentication on my Gmail account with my CELL PHONE NUM. The problem arises if I buy an Android devices, and my phone gets stolen. All the guy has to do to take over my Gmail, and delist device from gmail is have a text message sent to the phone he stole ? doesn't that present a problem ?

Thanks in advance.
Tu as pas de fingerprint lock?

A moins qu'il volé ton doigt aussi ya pas trop de risque qu'il puisse faire quoi que ce soit.

Si tu paranoyes (paranoïes??) Juste a rien afficher des notifications sur le.lock screen de même il verra même pas les code de 2 factor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I don't think people understand. My concern has nothing to do with paranoia. My concern is that if I buy an Android device. Like a Galaxy, which is lock and location services through GMail, doesn't it become a problem if your phone is stolen, and the Gmail reset code is sent to your phone ? The big problem here is the reset code is sent to a cell phone number.

I don't think people understand. My concern has nothing to do with paranoia. My concern is that if I buy an Android device. Like a Galaxy, which is lock and location services through GMail, doesn't it become a problem if your phone is stolen, and the Gmail reset code is sent to your phone ? The big problem here is the reset code is sent to a cell phone number.
Usually you can use other means than just having your cellphone.

And I don't get you Gmail thing.

Anyone can trace and recover lost Android phone through the web and there is no Gmail shit.

Usually you can use other means than just having your cellphone.

And I don't get you Gmail thing.

Anyone can trace and recover lost Android phone through the web and there is no Gmail shit.

Don't you sign into myaccount.google.com using your gmail username and password ?

Back