la classe moyenne pourra pu habiter à mtl

Well to be honest Griffintown 15 years ago was a collection of run down industrial buildings and some residential. Anyone who had forward vision had already bought something in PSC/ St Henri/ Little Burgundy as those areas had already inhabited forever. I do recall in the early 90s someone offered my father 2 lofts in that project next to Redpath which was one of the first conversions in Montreal (which was rundown and collapsed) as payment for a job. He refused.. He regrets it to this day but made out like a bandit in Plateau. Today you need some real deep pockets to pull off the same stuff vs the late 70s and 80s

My parents bought a triplex in gtown in 1999. 4 floors, top 2 floors one unit with roof terrace, separate building as garage in the backyard for a whopping 250k.

FFs you cant even get a 1 1/2 for 250k in gtown now.

As you said gtown was a wasteland back then, two hot dog spots and a couple antique shops on ndame and that was it. Hindsight is 20/20 but the growth seems so obvious now... since then psc, sthenri, little burgs, verdun already benefited from tremendous growth(cousin sold in verdun a month ago, listed 320k open house 5 days later, 18 offers same day, sold for 405k!!!, purchased for 150k 9 years prior and barely renovated)). I think there is still room to grown in hochelaga but the deep and systematic welfare, whoring and crackheads are stopping guys like me with a young family to make the move.

I think Lachine is next, logically low income will get priced out from Montreal gradually and they will all end up in st-jerome and lachute ;)

Last edited:
I lived in NDG as a teen and had lots of friends who went to St-Henri (I went to Ecole Secondaire St-Luc).. If someone offered me to live there for free I wouldn't have said yes at all back then. Now...20 years later..

St-Henri was a complete shithole and so was PSC and Burgundy, you didnt want to walk there at night in the 90's

St-Henri et Griffintown, des endroits où les Anglais de Westmount se moquaient des habitants. Who is laughing now!

Westmount folks still laughing their way to the bank. Can't get a decent piece of real estate for less than 2 mil.

Sold my condo in pont-viau in 12 days, was expecting this to take 2-6 months.

Was looking to buy a house in laval, forget it everything is overpriced you get a shithole for 350k+ that you have to completely redo(divisions, kitchen, bathrooms, outside front) that was evaluated in 2019 at 300k max.

Multiple offers on everything, got shafted on one listed 339k in chomedey, my offer 365k(retarded), someone offered 370... kitchen was a taredown, floors had to be redone, divisions, basement, landscaping, backyard and counting. This was a blessing in disguise.

Now moving to Blainville in a fantastic area, no welfare quiet super clean and beautiful street big house big lot 355k, twice as big as the chomedey one.

I would of never planned going that far, I was downtown next to Bell for 15 years(rental) prior to the laval move and completely frowning upon the whole 450.

If you want value at this point(and you enjoy driving from point a to point b) you have to get away. Thank god Im self employed and can hit the office at 10 instead of 9.

I'm actually bullish about that whole part of Laval, around metro cartier and concorde. But it's conditional on how much the city is willing to issue destruction permits, which they seem pretty liberal about based on when I was around there last.

St-Henri was a complete shithole and so was PSC and Burgundy, you didnt want to walk there at night in the 90's
Little Burgundy was rough but looking back I'm not too sure if it was THAT rough. Sure wasn't a utopia.

PSC and the lower side of Burgundy by the late 90s and early 2000s was already starting to turn around. The big canal development scheme really helped. By then the project at the former Stelco site was fully completed. You had a steady amount of renovations going on in PSC.

I've always liked Verdun and Ville Emard. If you forget about the nutjobs outside the metro stations the area has always been nice. It just needed a pressure washing. Lasalle will always be trash though.

What do you guys think of Lachine to be the next good investment? Still come very ghetto areas and my buddy that lives there near 45ave complains about the crazy amount of bugs due to the water lol

What do you guys think of Lachine to be the next good investment? Still come very ghetto areas and my buddy that lives there near 45ave complains about the crazy amount of bugs due to the water lol

Dorval et Pointe-Claire vont s'apprécier bien avant que Lachine et Vile St-Pierre s'apprécient.

Chateauguay... One of the last bastions of cheap property.

That area you either live in a quasi dump or the new development near the Walmart..
I've been told (Since it's very English) a lot of them are people from Lasalle that moved across. if not people are moving to Mercier across the 30.

Grew up in NDG so I know the area well, I'm just in awe how it changed. Just take a look behind Atwater market all the way to griffintown.. amazing

That area you either live in a quasi dump or the new development near the Walmart..
I've been told (Since it's very English) a lot of them are people from Lasalle that moved across. if not people are moving to Mercier across the 30.

Grew up in NDG so I know the area well, I'm just in awe how it changed. Just take a look behind Atwater market all the way to griffintown.. amazing
The condos in the old factory on Charlevoix at the corner of the canal Lachine date from around 1990, so the change started over 30 years ago already.

Last edited:
The condos in the old factory on Charlevoix at the corner of the canal Lachine date from around 1990, so the change started over 30 years ago already.
Yep but they had a hell of a damn time selling them those for a few years considering there was still a railyard next to Atwater market ! I still remember trains running along St Patrick

Yep but they had a hell of a damn time selling them those for a few years considering there was still a railyard next to Atwater market ! I still remember trains running along St Patrick

Do you know when those town-houses just east of that went up? Just based on the size of the trees I can't imagine it was before the 2000's. Those are really worth a pretty penny now, I wonder how much they went for back in the day.

Do you know when those town-houses just east of that went up? Just based on the size of the trees I can't imagine it was before the 2000's. Those are really worth a pretty penny now, I wonder how much they went for back in the day.
I post this from about a block away but which ones? Some went up late 80s and others mid 90s. The development of the area north and south of the canal was done in stages. Most of the land was railway mainline before

I post this from about a block away but which ones? Some went up late 80s and others mid 90s. The development of the area north and south of the canal was done in stages. Most of the land was railway mainline before

Sainte-Cunégonde, des éclusier, the one's with the rooftop terraces haha

Sainte-Cunégonde, des éclusier, the one's with the rooftop terraces haha

Quai des éclusiers is pretty recent, 2006-ish. I lived there with my parents for 5-6 years, they had a rooftop terrace unit, it was pretty damn sick. Some other member had a unit there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quai des éclusiers is pretty recent, 2006-ish. I lived there with my parents for 5-6 years, they had a rooftop terrace unit, it was pretty damn sick. Some other member had a unit there as well.

I just looked it up. I wasn't sure of the name. Ugh that's such a good location

I just looked it up. I wasn't sure of the name. Ugh that's such a good location

Shame they sold it, because of a lawsuit involving insurance and strata.

I’ll never own a condo because of this either

Back