la classe moyenne pourra pu habiter à mtl

Shame they sold it, because of a lawsuit involving insurance and strata.

I’ll never own a condo because of this either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm at des eclusiers, been here for quite some time now. As I understand it, there was some structural issues with the building a few years ago, many of which have been fixed. They've had water infiltration issues too because of bad balcony slopes.

There was also a mandatory upgrade of AC units which cost about 20k per unit. There was essentially a civil war within the building. In the end the project went ahead but some owners couldn't pay and are now being chased after / sued by the condo association.

Price of condos here are ridiculous but they also vary wildly. Some folks are bare bones condos and others have more "opulence".

Need a 1 bedroom condo for cheap. Close to the green line preferably. Something new, not some old ass building. Don't mind living next to crackheads and getting stabbed. Any suggestions?

Need a 1 bedroom condo for cheap. Close to the green line preferably. Something new, not some old ass building. Don't mind living next to crackheads and getting stabbed. Any suggestions?
Near metro and cheap? Good luck, even far East you don't really find anything south of 300k. I don't know if that's cheap for you though

I'm at des eclusiers, been here for quite some time now. As I understand it, there was some structural issues with the building a few years ago, many of which have been fixed. They've had water infiltration issues too because of bad balcony slopes.

There was also a mandatory upgrade of AC units which cost about 20k per unit. There was essentially a civil war within the building. In the end the project went ahead but some owners couldn't pay and are now being chased after / sued by the condo association.

Price of condos here are ridiculous but they also vary wildly. Some folks are bare bones condos and others have more "opulence".

What phase unit are you in?

Their unit was not affected by the water infiltration issue as they had a 5th floor terrace unit.

It’s got nothing to do with the AC units either.

Court is still going on so the matter can’t be disclosed online

St-Henri was a complete shithole and so was PSC and Burgundy, you didnt want to walk there at night in the 90's

Grew up in Sud-Best. Living in the Dump since 10 years. It was a total shithole growing up..
People keep saying shit about Verdun... please let them. I'll keep my peace and quiet, local shops, beach, random BS specimen over the Post-Hipsterism overcrowded JT market area anyday.

There's a migration of French and random ex-Mile-End dwellers coming south aswell. How do I know? Parks are now full during summer with people having sunday wine apero. 2-3 years ago, the whole bike path had about 5 people chilling there. MTL's post shithole status is getting quite gentrified, and honestly, if you're an active city dweller, aside from the construction, the lifestyle in MTL is getting very, very fun.

Can never get tired of this :

triporteur.jpg

Last edited:
What phase unit are you in?

Their unit was not affected by the water infiltration issue as they had a 5th floor terrace unit.

It’s got nothing to do with the AC units either.

Court is still going on so the matter can’t be disclosed online

Phase I/II. We're 5th floor as well. There's only 6 of those units per building.

Phase I/II. We're 5th floor as well. There's only 6 of those units per building.

4200?

Weren’t there only 4 per building phase, 2 per address?

The phase where Normand is the janitor?

4200?

Weren’t there only 4 per building phase, 2 per address?

The phase where Normand is the janitor?

no i'm at 4250/4300. There's 4 terrasse units per fifth floor. So 8 total. I miscounted in my previous post.

Jai habité Ahuntsic 7 ans, serieux, on s'entendait pas parler 1 minutes sur 4 sur la terrasse.

Yep je suis là right now, un peu au nord de l'action mais quand ça décolle vers ici c'est dégeu c'est pour ça que je me demandais pour Dorval et Pointe-Claire c'est dans le sens pour décoller 95% du temps.

Yep je suis là right now, un peu au nord de l'action mais quand ça décolle vers ici c'est dégeu c'est pour ça que je me demandais pour Dorval et Pointe-Claire c'est dans le sens pour décoller 95% du temps.
Because the wind blows from the West most of the time....

no i'm at 4250/4300. There's 4 terrasse units per fifth floor. So 8 total. I miscounted in my previous post.

We were at 4150/4200. Didn’t have an AC issue as far as I remember.

Bois franc here, townhouse . So damn well insulated, you never hear the airplanes inside, even when they take off toward east.
Everything is new, great parks and very family oriented.
Daycares, schools everything is close

Yup but it was mostly about the noise over there :p

Or when Topgun DC-8 driver decides its airshow time at 11:30mins

The only things that still make proper noise are the 737-200s... The CFMs on the 319-321s do get annoying with that high pitched whine. However 30 years ago was a different story with you had endless 727s and DC-9s even longer ago... 707s and DC-8s with RR Conways... BAC 111 with RR Speys. My ears!

I'm flabbergasted... someone I know bought a house in Ormstown, most people have no idea where that is. He bought a little bungalow, brand new construction for 250k at the beginning of 2020, pretty much turn key. A house that's smaller than his with no basement done is listed for $400k+.... it makes 0 sense.

I'm flabbergasted... someone I know bought a house in Ormstown, most people have no idea where that is. He bought a little bungalow, brand new construction for 250k at the beginning of 2020, pretty much turn key. A house that's smaller than his with no basement done is listed for $400k+.... it makes 0 sense.
Lmao ormstown what a shithole !

Back