la classe moyenne pourra pu habiter à mtl

It's that area mostly owner by Shiller Lavy? They bought up most of Mile End and Plateau. The rents have skyrocketed. It's just a game they play waiting it out for deep pockets of Starbucks or similar. Meanwhile the locals lose out

Which “deep pockets” are not already established in, say, Westmount? That part of Sherbrooke already has all the major chains.

It's that area mostly owner by Shiller Lavy? They bought up most of Mile End and Plateau. The rents have skyrocketed. It's just a game they play waiting it out for deep pockets of Starbucks or similar. Meanwhile the locals lose out

Cromwell owns the majority of that real estate. It's owned by a Montrealer, George Gantcheff.

Yeah, I agree with you and we'll certainly miss the St Henri vibe with the Atwater market and notre dame. We're a 5 min walk away from both on St Ambroise.

We just couldn't afford the project we wanted in St Henri. We would of loved to convert a triplex right on the Georges Etienne Quartier parc into a single family home but the last 3 triplexes to have sold have gone for 1mm+.

Last one sold last week for what I'm hearing 1.3mm. Add renos and you're in the 2mm+ range easy. Nope...

le triplex en question: https://katiasamson.com/en/property-details/triplex-facing-sir-georges-etienne-cartier-park/552/

vendu ++++ que 1.15mm, en 24 heures.

un autre projet de triplex qui s'est fait sur le parc... triplex vendu 1mm il y a 18 mois. Ils ont fait des rénos d'environ 500k et ils ont mis les unités à louer à $3,025 / mois. C'est vacant depuis mars-avril 2019. Le loyer est absurde, mais il faut ben que la mathématique fonctionne.

https://www.evrealestate.com/Listin...er-Le-Sud-Ouest-(Montréal)-QC-H4C2Z9/17060232

le triplex en question: https://katiasamson.com/en/property-details/triplex-facing-sir-georges-etienne-cartier-park/552/

vendu ++++ que 1.15mm, en 24 heures.

un autre projet de triplex qui s'est fait sur le parc... triplex vendu 1mm il y a 18 mois. Ils ont fait des rénos d'environ 500k et ils ont mis les unités à louer à $3,025 / mois. C'est vacant depuis mars-avril 2019. Le loyer est absurde, mais il faut ben que la mathématique fonctionne.

https://www.evrealestate.com/Listin...er-Le-Sud-Ouest-(Montréal)-QC-H4C2Z9/17060232

There are a few projects like the last one (also asking for 3k+ rent) adjacent park jeanne-mance, all empty.

I feel like I saw a duplex on Delinelle listed for 600k a while back (no idea how much it closed for), even if you added an extra floor it probably would have been too small for your needs.

There are a few projects like the last one (also asking for 3k+ rent) adjacent park jeanne-mance, all empty.

I feel like I saw a duplex on Delinelle listed for 600k a while back (no idea how much it closed for), even if you added an extra floor it probably would have been too small for your needs.

adding an extra floor is now very difficult in sud-ouest, the easy way to get it done is if an adjacent building has one. If not, you're out of luck pal

adding an extra floor is now very difficult in sud-ouest, the easy way to get it done is if an adjacent building has one. If not, you're out of luck pal

I've heard that if you offer a free trip to germany including a fast rental car to the right person in sud-ouest things can get done.

Gregster's corrupt twin?

his fedora wearing twin.

600px-Benoit_Dorais.jpg

Qui l'aurait cru que St-Henri serait aussi cher aujourd'hui?

I lived in NDG as a teen and had lots of friends who went to St-Henri (I went to Ecole Secondaire St-Luc).. If someone offered me to live there for free I wouldn't have said yes at all back then. Now...20 years later..

laelle, je sais que tu es a peu pres comme moi d'après ce que je peux te lire ici. (a part que je suis un gars)
J'ai acheter 2 bébelles cette année. 1 cube rubik (15$) car j'ai donné mon ancien a mon neveu et un graveur cd externe (35$), car mon auto ne lit pas les mp3 haha
Ma copine ne dépense pas tant que ca, mais nos comptes sont séparé so jmen fou un peu aussi.

Il y a un point qu'on ne s'entend pas, moi j'aime Tangerine et toi tu les déteste :p

EDIT : mais qu'est-ce que tu fais sur ce forum si tu n'aime pas les autos?

Pour réussir a savoir ce qui se passe dans vos têtes a vous, les québécois. Et aussi pour m'aider a bricoler car je suis nulle, et vous excellents en bricolage.

Qui l'aurait cru que St-Henri serait aussi cher aujourd'hui?
Tout le monde qui voit que c'est à 3 stations de métro du centre, près de l'eau, près de l'autoroute (rive sud en 10 minutes)...

Après Courcelles près de Turcot ça demeure inintéressant imo, le côté à l'est du chemin de fer est mieux. Rues Agnès, Laporte, Walker et Marin sont là où j'achèterais.

Last edited:
St-Henri et Griffintown, des endroits où les Anglais de Westmount se moquaient des habitants. Who is laughing now!

St-Henri et Griffintown, des endroits où les Anglais de Westmount se moquaient des habitants. Who is laughing now!

Well to be honest Griffintown 15 years ago was a collection of run down industrial buildings and some residential. Anyone who had forward vision had already bought something in PSC/ St Henri/ Little Burgundy as those areas had already inhabited forever. I do recall in the early 90s someone offered my father 2 lofts in that project next to Redpath which was one of the first conversions in Montreal (which was rundown and collapsed) as payment for a job. He refused.. He regrets it to this day but made out like a bandit in Plateau. Today you need some real deep pockets to pull off the same stuff vs the late 70s and 80s

Well to be honest Griffintown 15 years ago was a collection of run down industrial buildings and some residential. Anyone who had forward vision had already bought something in PSC/ St Henri/ Little Burgundy as those areas had already inhabited forever. I do recall in the early 90s someone offered my father 2 lofts in that project next to Redpath which was one of the first conversions in Montreal (which was rundown and collapsed) as payment for a job. He refused.. He regrets it to this day but made out like a bandit in Plateau. Today you need some real deep pockets to pull off the same stuff vs the late 70s and 80s

That or start looking off-island.

Sold my condo in pont-viau in 12 days, was expecting this to take 2-6 months.

Was looking to buy a house in laval, forget it everything is overpriced you get a shithole for 350k+ that you have to completely redo(divisions, kitchen, bathrooms, outside front) that was evaluated in 2019 at 300k max.

Multiple offers on everything, got shafted on one listed 339k in chomedey, my offer 365k(retarded), someone offered 370... kitchen was a taredown, floors had to be redone, divisions, basement, landscaping, backyard and counting. This was a blessing in disguise.

Now moving to Blainville in a fantastic area, no welfare quiet super clean and beautiful street big house big lot 355k, twice as big as the chomedey one.

I would of never planned going that far, I was downtown next to Bell for 15 years(rental) prior to the laval move and completely frowning upon the whole 450.

If you want value at this point(and you enjoy driving from point a to point b) you have to get away. Thank god Im self employed and can hit the office at 10 instead of 9.

Last edited:
Back