If you had to choose: chrysler 300, cadillac sts or lincoln town car (rwd)?

fabchef

Hi guys, as the title goes, if you had to choose between these 3 which would you choose?
The priority is:
Reliability
Comfort/legroom (for 4 people)
Easy maintenance
I know the 300 and caddy come in awd, but if in this case looking at rwd.
Engine choice would be:
Chrysler: 3.6 or possibly hemi
Caddy 3.6 i guess
Lincoln:4.6
Note***this would be daily driver and in winter too.
Thanks
Fab

Town Car.

Le cadillac c est une dompe pas fiable.

Le 300, c est une dompe avec suspension et direction a refaire aux 80 000km

Le Lincoln mais ça fait pépère au look,
oublie les 2 autres a moins de vouloirs mettre binnnnnnnnnnn de l'argent dessus.

Entre le STS , CTS , ATS ,
le STS est le pire des pires.

Last edited:
Town Car L

lincoln-town-car-l-series-57f9782820710-large.jpg

Ça fait VIP devant un lobby d'hôtel

Town car hands down.

Moteur et transmission c'est pas tuable. C'est la même chose que crown vic / grand marquis.

Town car hands down

Pros :
-Bullet proof drivetrain (4.6 2v , good trans , 8.8 diff )
-Inexpensive to maintain and repair
-Timeless design IMO
-Got somewhat "not a bad fuel consumption for WHAT IT IS" ( cast iron v8 , solid axle , body on frame )

Cons:
-Gutless even with the 3.27 final drive ( 2,73 is obviously worst and some reason got worst fuel economy )
-Interior looks pretty outdated
-Lots of electrical gremlins
-Headlight are pretty mediocre at best , can't see shit captain

Look for an 03 + . In 2003 they got a tiny bit more power but more importantly the front subframe has been completely revised with better suspension geometry .It completely change the way those cars behave

Last edited:
Towncar other then airbags stress free. 2v is bulletproof, 8.8 will have 3.27s or 3.55s only. You find them in toronto as ex limos with 600 to 1 million kms. You will never find either of the other two with anything close. They will filling the closest kenny-upull

300 is a piece of crap. Transmissions are about as tough as a wet piece of toilet paper.

Cadillac...if you like oil consumption and prestone consumption like a hole in the head.

Towncar other then airbags stress free. 2v is bulletproof, 8.8 will have 3.27s or 3.55s only. You find them in toronto as ex limos with 600 to 1 million kms. You will never find either of the other two with anything close. They will filling the closest kenny-upull

300 is a piece of crap. Transmissions are about as tough as a wet piece of toilet paper.

Cadillac...if you like oil consumption and prestone consumption like a hole in the head.

Je me souviens mon ex beau frere et ex beau pere avaient un cts 3.6 chaque. Un bouffait de l huile en MONGOLE et l'autre a commencé a manger de l huile et du prestone. Je pense que le temps qui se rende compte du manque de prestone il manquait genre 2-3 litres. Aucune fuite!

Wow thanks for the great replies. I guess the consensus is Town car, then 300 then sts. I do like the towncars, it’s a shame they stopped making them. WhT was the final production year? Any winter driving experience with them?

Je me souviens mon ex beau frere et ex beau pere avaient un cts 3.6 chaque. Un bouffait de l huile en MONGOLE et l'autre a commencé a manger de l huile et du prestone. Je pense que le temps qui se rende compte du manque de prestone il manquait genre 2-3 litres. Aucune fuite!

The sts northstars are horrible. My buddy's little brother had a v6 charger then a caddy sts....not sure which one was worse. Caddy had so many weird as fuck electrical issues. The charger would shift sometimes so hard I thought someone hit us.

My 400$ town car had issues with window regulators. Cat delete and muffler delete was fun for a winter car.

Un 300 si tu es capable de dealer avec la suspension fagile, le restant du char est quand même bien!

Envoyé de mon CLT-L04 en utilisant Tapatalk

No offense I want to see with my own eyes of those cars still have their original drivetrains with that mileage. I highly doubt it. Yea you might get some that people bang on about having original drivetrains but I'm willing to bet most don't. They have been replaced or rebuilt

The thing i’ve heard about the panther platform cars is their tough engines. I like the comft ride factor. I know many might say it’s a “grandpa “ car, and even though i’m in my 40’s, i love the comfy v8 boats.

Back