No Focus ST For You!

That's because the Golf R and STI have already made their mark and proven that they can sell/lease in adequate numbers. The "boy racer" cars aren't as popular and don't have as high numbers on the market because again, they aren't being purchased by enthusiasts. I've worked on more than a dozen Golf R's and at least half a dozen recent STi's/WRX's. maybe 3 of all those people are enthusiasts. The actual people buying the Golf R and STi (new) are usually middle aged people (not specifying men because there were a handful of women in there too).

On the other hand, the Focus RS and Type R's I've had come by, all "car enthusiasts"...but there were only 3 Type R's and 1 RS.

EDIT - And making them available through leases isn't advantageous (for manufacturers) either because then they'd get stuck with them at the end of the leases, unless they make a ridiculously low residual, at which point leasing won't be advantageous compared to financing.

You are diluting your own argument. Why do STis and Golf Rs "sell/lease in adequate numbers"? Because for the most part you can walk into a dealer and locate one and pay a reasonable non-marked up price, and have the car in your possession with a few weeks or a month. Additionally customers have the option to lease them. The demographics of the people who own these types of cars and who take them to be detailed has little to do with anything.

A car moved off of the lot is a car moved. And I'm not sure what you're trying to get at by saying leases aren't advantageous for manufacturers. When the car comes back to the dealer post-lease, they have the option to resell the car for higher than the residual if they can, or they ship it to auction. Either way they aren't losing money and are moving cars. Most dealers aren't in the used car business for a reason.

I don't doubt it. I'm sure it's a great little engine, but in a CUV, it's asking a bit much...

I'd love to have a Fiesta with that engine, but alas, not here either.
It was manual only and are rarer than pope shit.

It also was easy to do 4.5l/100 without even trying on hwy

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

You are diluting your own argument. Why do STis and Golf Rs "sell/lease in adequate numbers"? Because for the most part you can walk into a dealer and locate one and pay a reasonable non-marked up price, and have the car in your possession with a few weeks or a month. Additionally customers have the option to lease them. The demographics of the people who own these types of cars and who take them to be detailed has little to do with anything.

A car moved off of the lot is a car moved. And I'm not sure what you're trying to get at by saying leases aren't advantageous for manufacturers. When the car comes back to the dealer post-lease, they have the option to resell the car for higher than the residual if they can, or they ship it to auction. Either way they aren't losing money and are moving cars. Most dealers aren't in the used car business for a reason.

No. Golf R and STI sell/lease in adequate numbers because they are not "boy-racer" cars with their look compared to the Focus RS and Civic Type R, or this new Focus ST. (The Golf R also has a more comfortable and docile ride which likely plays a role in it being the most popular) They reach a broader audience, plain and simple.

Basically it comes down to "if the people who have the money and desire to buy new vehicles (mostly middle-aged) don't want to buy said vehicle for whatever reason (the look in this case), then it isn't coming to our market".

For the leases, I might not have been clear. I meant if they DO offer the vehicle, but it's "undesirable" in the grand scale, then they will be "stuck" with it after the lease like GM a decade ago - not advantageous to the manufacturer (BTW, dealers aren't the ones who "sell or auction" lease returns, they're just the intermediate that handles the paper work - but they CAN buy out the vehicle if they feel it could fetch a higher price than the residual on the used market). To compensate this potential loss or "sitting money" manufacturers would have to significantly decrease the residual value of vehicles, which would increase the depreciation cost on the lease, making them non-advantageous to the person leasing it compared to straight up buying the vehicle.

Last edited:
I'm convinced we get shitty tunes on engines here for our shitty gas thus getting shitty mileage. Stuff in the EU with the same engine based on my experience seems to get much better mileage. Maybe I have my rose tinted glasses on

Different gearing in many cases (less true with CVT and such these days) and different calculation methods.

Sinon je trouve le look de la nouvelle ST super générique, c'est plate mais c'est pas une perte énorme.

Different gearing in many cases (less true with CVT and such these days) and different calculation methods.

Sinon je trouve le look de la nouvelle ST super générique, c'est plate mais c'est pas une perte énorme.

bitch you speak english!?

GTFO!

lol

Excuse moi, mais la WRX/STI a l'air d'une Corolla avec une wing.

Excuse moi, mais la WRX/STI a l'air d'une Corolla avec une wing.

the best years of the Impreza are behind us.

cbd4ae6d047a9763a706f7d4ada9ec77.jpg

on dirait que tu prends ca personnel de faire valoir les ST :p
Pas nécessairement. C'est sur que je prendrais pas un autre Ford après celui la.

99% du monde qui Bash les ST en ont jamais conduit une parcontre.

Pas nécessairement. C'est sur que je prendrais pas un autre Ford après celui la.

99% du monde qui Bash les ST en ont jamais conduit une parcontre.

j'avais essayé une Fiesta ST et un Focus ST. J'avais l'impression, butt dyno, que la Fiesta marchait plus que la Focus. Mais wow que c'était rough sur le dos sur les rues trouées de NDG.

j'avais essayé une Fiesta ST et un Focus ST. J'avais l'impression, butt dyno, que la Fiesta marchait plus que la Focus. Mais wow que c'était rough sur le dos sur les rues trouées de NDG.
La focus marche plus en ligne droite, mais dès que tu lance des virages aux deux, la fiesta sort devant du a l'avantage de poids.

La focus est un petit peu plus raffinée aussi, mais un plus vache en courbe.

La fiesta est rough avec la grandeur de pneu OEM ( du 205/40/17, cest presque aussi gros que des élastiques). En ce moment avec mon setup d'hiver 15po c'est le sweet spot Dans le confort vs les 17po.

La fiesta devrait être plus fiable a long terme que la focus. Le 1.6t est beaucoup plus solide que le 2.0t

La fiesta devrait être plus fiable a long terme que la focus. Le 1.6t est beaucoup plus solide que le 2.0t

J'me demande si c'est le même 1,6 que mon Escape ?
J'vais chercher sur le net se soir ou demain.

i really like the new ford interior !! Dude, my friend had this focus RS , came to like almost 58k$ and the interior is ugly as f* despite having the performance and handling of a rally car. I have a focus base model and the interior is EXACTLY the same except for the seats ......... this is HOW the RS interior should of looked like but too bad, they are not stopping the RS production. No shit ! who will pay this amount of money for this kind of interior???

Back