No Focus ST For You!

C'est surtout au Québec que les petites voitures sont populaires parce qu'on est des pauvres.

Pas nécessairement ça... C'est surtout une identité différente et la voiture est moins symbolique et nous avons une semblant d'identité à l’européenne.

Il n'y a pas une si grande différence de prix entre une GSW 4 motion et un Tiguan à équipement égale

People complain that we're not going to have it in NA but there isn't a single person here that would actually buy one.

my cousin is on here and bought one. Besides, I hear that argument often, and yet I feel like it has no place. It's like caring if Aston Martin ceases to exist is wrong because I never would have bought one. Are we only supposed to care about prospective purchases? I certainly don't think so. I like to see Focus STs are RSs running around because they're awesome, manual, and proves to me that there are still car guys out there who enjoy driving.

C'est pourtant facile a comprendre. Ceux qui achete se modele, c'est des "enthusiats"...mais a lire les "enthusiasts" sur MR, acheter un char neuf, c'est pour les cons, et tout le monde suggere tout le temps d'aheter used. Si les gens qui acheterais se genre de vehicule achetent juste du used...il se vendra pas de ST neuve, et donc ca vaut pas la peine d'en vendre ici.

C'est pourtant facile a comprendre. Ceux qui achete se modele, c'est des "enthusiats"...mais a lire les "enthusiasts" sur MR, acheter un char neuf, c'est pour les cons, et tout le monde suggere tout le temps d'aheter used. Si les gens qui acheterais se genre de vehicule achetent juste du used...il se vendra pas de ST neuve, et donc ca vaut pas la peine d'en vendre ici.

totalement en accord avec toi. money talks, and if the manufacturers don't see your money, they won't bring in the products.

Lol pis la consommation ... gros wtf !

View attachment 37555

tabarnac! qu'est-cé ça!? mon Mazda3 a 155hp avec son 2.0L et fait du 5.5-6.5 L/100km mixed. Calvaire.

That's why making these enthusiast models available through lease programs is important. Speaking from experience, both the Evo VIII and Focus RS were not made available for lease from the manufacturer. At the time, a third party lease company wanted 8% or 8.5% APR on a 4 year Evo lease. Whereas both the STi and Golf R have very fair lease offers, and interestingly enough are still around.

It's almost like the car manufacturers need to do the residual value exercise for niche cars over a 3/4 year period BEFORE green lighting them for North America. Making a car available via lease is that important.

Just like the Jeep SRT and Jeep Trackhawk - the residual is so low and the MSRP so inflated, that Chrysler won't lease either of them.

The fiesta with that engine was a riot.

Full serious.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I don't doubt it. I'm sure it's a great little engine, but in a CUV, it's asking a bit much...

I'd love to have a Fiesta with that engine, but alas, not here either.

That's why making these enthusiast models available through lease programs is important. Speaking from experience, both the Evo VIII and Focus RS were not made available for lease from the manufacturer. At the time, a third party lease company wanted 8% or 8.5% APR on a 4 year Evo lease. Whereas both the STi and Golf R have very fair lease offers, and interestingly enough are still around.

That's because the Golf R and STI have already made their mark and proven that they can sell/lease in adequate numbers. The "boy racer" cars aren't as popular and don't have as high numbers on the market because again, they aren't being purchased by enthusiasts. I've worked on more than a dozen Golf R's and at least half a dozen recent STi's/WRX's. maybe 3 of all those people are enthusiasts. The actual people buying the Golf R and STi (new) are usually middle aged people (not specifying men because there were a handful of women in there too).

On the other hand, the Focus RS and Type R's I've had come by, all "car enthusiasts"...but there were only 3 Type R's and 1 RS.

EDIT - And making them available through leases isn't advantageous (for manufacturers) either because then they'd get stuck with them at the end of the leases, unless they make a ridiculously low residual, at which point leasing won't be advantageous compared to financing.

Lol pis la consommation ... gros wtf !

View attachment 37555

Yep. Comme je dis, on lui en demande beaucoup au petit EcoBoost!!! Il est toujours, toujours spoolé, je suis sûr. Et un moteur Turbo Spoolé, ben habituellement ça boit beaucoup.

Y'a pas milles façon de faire bouger une grosse boite de tôle qui pogne dans le vent - ça prend des calories!!

[edit] shit, je viens de googler son poids - 3,020 to 3,360 lbs!!!!!

Pauvre ti-moulin!!!!

c'est encore un peu cher à mon gout, yen a pas ben ben en bas de 50 000km <35 000$, mais j'aimerais ca en avoir une c'est certains.

A part de une elle sont en bas de 49 000km , c'est pas si pire ,
moi j'trouve le prix ok pour tout ce que le char offre quand tu pense que taxe In neuf s'était over 65 000$.

Ça reste un char intéressant en titi.

Mais jamais j'aurais payé over 65 000$.

I'm convinced we get shitty tunes on engines here for our shitty gas thus getting shitty mileage. Stuff in the EU with the same engine based on my experience seems to get much better mileage. Maybe I have my rose tinted glasses on

Back