Carfax not showing kilometers

iron_cannibal

I'm looking at a used car and it has low mileage on it, 66,000km on a 2010. I got a carfax report but it doesn't show any odometer readings other than the one the dealership entered a couple of weeks ago. Carfax claims the car comes from Nova Scotia. Is there another way to verify that the odometer is correct?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I'm looking at a used car and it has low mileage on it, 66,000km on a 2010. I got a carfax report but it doesn't show any odometer readings other than the one the dealership entered a couple of weeks ago. Carfax claims the car comes from Nova Scotia. Is there another way to verify that the odometer is correct?

Nova Scotia has inspection. See if they take mileage down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of Carfax reports doesn't show mileage for various reasons. You might be able to retreive the maintenance history at the dealer which I did on my Toyota to prove the very low mileage. Not every dealer will be able to provide this information though. What's the car?

Lots of Carfax reports doesn't show mileage for various reasons. You might be able to retreive the maintenance history at the dealer which I did on my Toyota to prove the very low mileage. Not every dealer will be able to provide this information though. What's the car?

The car is a 2010 Acura TSX, 2.4L 6sp.

Verify on condition of car vs what carfax says. People get too hung up on this mileage reporting stuff vs looking for obvious signs of abuse

Mileage doesn't mean anything if there is a blob on poorly worked bondo on a panel or the interior is beat out to shit.

I just bought a car with the same issue... We think it might be due to the fact Carfax bought carproof and they might have issues merging data bases (but that's really just a theory). Mine was imported from the US, so it had to have the milage somewhere, but nowhere to be found. At least the maintenance history shows where the car was maintained so I might be able to get more info from them.

Greg, the issue is, you need to know what you are buying, if you buy a car and it ends up being rolled back, it affects it's value. It's all about paying the right price. But I do agree with you, if the condition of the car matches the milage, it's a good start

I just bought a car with the same issue... We think it might be due to the fact Carfax bought carproof and they might have issues merging data bases (but that's really just a theory). Mine was imported from the US, so it had to have the milage somewhere, but nowhere to be found. At least the maintenance history shows where the car was maintained so I might be able to get more info from them.

Greg, the issue is, you need to know what you are buying, if you buy a car and it ends up being rolled back, it affects it's value. It's all about paying the right price. But I do agree with you, if the condition of the car matches the milage, it's a good start

Carfax a pas acheté Carproof, y’ont juste changé de nom. Carproof a toujours été Carfax Canada

Carfax a pas acheté Carproof, y’ont juste changé de nom. Carproof a toujours été Carfax Canada
Ah bon, donc peu de chance que ce soit ça alors...

Celui de ma R32 est pareil et ça fait aucun sens pour une voiture importée...

Verify on condition of car vs what carfax says. People get too hung up on this mileage reporting stuff vs looking for obvious signs of abuse

Mileage doesn't mean anything if there is a blob on poorly worked bondo on a panel or the interior is beat out to shit.
The car is super clean, not a single ding or dent on it and drives well and feels solid. The dealer had some paper work from acura that backs up the kilometers on it.

Now to find a good place on the south shore to get a stereo with android auto.

Back