Audi Electric supercharger

Rob_SeR

Wow, je peux pas imaginer le coût de maintenir ça à long terme, mais le principe est quand même cool

48volts?

Bitch please... Le séchoir de ma blonde marche sul 110!
En plus il est fait aux Phillipines... Asian > German

lol. Electric supercharger wasn't elegant (aka complicated) enough. That's why it needs sequential turbochargers too!
Oh, and why not use variable valve lift so that the turbos are fed by a different set of exhaust valves.

All that on a hot V set up that needs to factor in a diesel's catalysts and blowtorch level of temperatures on the regen cycles.

I don't see how this could go wrong in any way.

I like tech that pushes boundaries, but this is a little much for a souped up suv.

lol. Electric supercharger wasn't elegant (aka complicated) enough. That's why it needs sequential turbochargers too!
Oh, and why not use variable valve lift so that the turbos are fed by a different set of exhaust valves.

All that on a hot V set up that needs to factor in a diesel's catalysts and blowtorch level of temperatures on the regen cycles.

I don't see how this could go wrong in any way.

I like tech that pushes boundaries, but this is a little much for a souped up suv.
It's gonna go very wrong very fast

sent from the shitter

Not a Audi fan but I love this tech and how they're pushing boundaries for efficiency and performance.
As long as the car has warranty it's good. However, after 2nd owner...ouch!
This model will depreciate quick.

Mercedes introduced something similar in some of the new "53" designated cars such as the E53. A 48v system with electric turbocharger and bunch of new tech associated with. Sounds very promising but we will have to see how reliable this will be.

https://media.daimler.com/marsMediaSite/en/instance/ko/Under-the-microscope-48-volt-system-More-power-performance-flexibility-comfort-and-efficiency.xhtml?oid=22934110

Chrysler products also use a similar approach on their e-torque models in the Ram and Wrangler (sans turbocharger). A 48v starter/generator that replaces the alternator and starter (beyond the initial engine start up)

Beyond the obvious engine start/stop benefits, it can also be used to bridge the torque gap at very low engine speed (when starting from a stop) and "smooth out" shifts with the 48v motor spinning up or slowing down the crankshaft to minimize the gap in RPM going into the next gear. It also has a bit of regen braking and helps maximize fuel shut off on decel and cylinder deactivation.

Real world benefits aren't earth shattering, but it's a baby step in the right direction. It interfaces nicely with even archaic motors such as the hemi and doesn't require full redesigns.

Chrysler products also use a similar approach on their e-torque models in the Ram and Wrangler (sans turbocharger). A 48v starter/generator that replaces the alternator and starter (beyond the initial engine start up)

Beyond the obvious engine start/stop benefits, it can also be used to bridge the torque gap at very low engine speed (when starting from a stop) and "smooth out" shifts with the 48v motor spinning up or slowing down the crankshaft to minimize the gap in RPM going into the next gear. It also has a bit of regen braking and helps maximize fuel shut off on decel and cylinder deactivation.

Real world benefits aren't earth shattering, but it's a baby step in the right direction. It interfaces nicely with even archaic motors such as the hemi and doesn't require full redesigns.

Ca remplace pas le starter, juste l'alternateur.

Back