Cancelling reception hall for marriage - HELP!

For catholics it depends on the church! I'm catholic, my wife isn't we still got married in a church. She didn't mind and didn't have to convert...but some churches wanted her to convert absolutely!

Hey Man,

I fucked up, I admit it from the start, but I am in the same boat.

Before proposing, we had both agreed to have a small wedding, just go to the to courthouse with immediate family, then take them out to supper. The problem is, after I proposed, she said she thinks she would regret not having a bigger wedding (it's 300 people) and wanted one. we talked for weeks on it and finally I said "Do you really want this? it's more likely that someone will regret having a big wedding than having a small one, I really need to know how strongly you feel about this and if you want to do it, then we will do it"

so yes, she wanted to do it. We booked a hall for sept 2018. it came up to 30k. There is a cancellation fee of 10k. She got pregnant, we postponed the wedding to sept 2019.

Early this year, she said the wedding is not important to her anymore, she just wants to be with me, and our kid, her priorities have changed. I contacted the hall to see if we could cancel, giving 6 months notice, but he was adamament on us paying the 10k fee. we figured if a small wedding costs us 5000, then in fact, it will cost us 15k, so we might as well go through with the wedding.

Here is where i fucked up:

She is italian, she said the hall will be covered by the guests. i don't think it will, but she "promised me" and asked me to "trust her". Her entire family told me "nobody saves up for a wedding, everybody relies on the presents" which I find ridiculous, and I feel really stupid for going ahead with it.

At this point, I'm saying to myself "lets just do the damn thing and deal with the consequences after" if i'm in the hole 20k after the wedding, so be it, might as well throw a great party.

I don't think my side of the family will be good with envelopes. I think her side will, but it won't cover the hall. She feels terrible about needing a big wedding.

I hope that this mistake will really kick her butt into gear about "needing things" like a fucking 2000$ LV purse (which is god damn stupid to me) if we get a bill for 20k that we don't have accounted, I will pay my half. I've already saved up money for that.

My plan to elope to the Turks and Islands for our weeding sounds better and better the more i read this thread.

Si tu veux faire organiser quelque chose, jai entendu parler d'un super bon promoteur. Le groupe s'appelle Fyre, avec un nom de meme, rien de mal peut arriver.

Moi j'comprend pas comment tu peux passer de te marier à avoir 1 grosse chicane et plus se marier...

Pourquoi avez vous décider ça en partant?

A vous lire jme dis une chance la mienne est pas folle a vouloir flaubé 50-60k dans un marriage d'une journée.

Jlisais le thread sur la bécosse, jsors de la jlance a ma blonde : "Toi la un mariage a Vegas avec un Elvis nain, tu en penses quoi?", elle me répond : "Lets fucking goooo"

Faque c'est sa, dès que le pain sort du four, on va le porter chez les parents et on part 1 semaine se marier a Vegas. Règlé sa en 3 minutes.

Inb4 post pics, jvais en post en calvert des pics ahaha

This!

Ma soeur s'est marié à Vegas et lui a couté genre 500$ (si la mémoire est bonne) en ajoutant le resto ben normal et le séjour à l'hôtel avec billet d'avion.... Bref, elle en a plus mis sur la lune de miel. Environ 10 ans plus tard, elle n'a aucun regret.

Moi ça faisait 10 ans que j'étais avec ma blonde déjà, si on avait eu à se chicaner, ça aurait été fait (Je lui ai pas fait ça facile, en y pensant bien)

Mariage à 19k dans une jolie auberge champêtre rurale avec 150 personnes. Ça a été un beau party, on a revu la famille à un autre moment qu'à Noël et c'était fun à organiser. Avec les cadeaux de noces, ça nous est revenu au final à environ 9k$ incluant le voyage de noces.

Il y a moyen de vivre le trip sans capoter comme à la TV. En ne choisissant pas des trucs inutiles que personne ne regarde et en faisant soi-même d'autres trucs, on peut très bien naviguer là-dedans pas trop cher.

Back