SNC Lavalin Affair?

Gregster

Legacy Member
Did anyone listen to the testimony today? JWR basically said Trudeau, Morneau and Wernick were involved on trying to pressure her into allowing the DPA. There was a ton of other damning testimony that also claimed Butts told her he could have opinion pieces written in favour of the DPA in order to change her mind by media outlets.

Her testimony was well prepared, beautifully presented, factual and clear. I like how she had dates and notes of all the events that took place.

The complete transcirpt
https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...rks-to-the-house-of-commons-justice-committee

I hate Trudeau, but I'm sure if the conservatives were in power they would have done the same. Who wants to be responsible for 50000 lost jobs if they went bankrupt?

I hate Trudeau, but I'm sure if the conservatives were in power they would have done the same. Who wants to be responsible for 50000 lost jobs if they went bankrupt?
Same

As much as I hate Trudeau I think this is an inflated balloon.. of course they have asked if there wasn't a way to use this agreement allowed by law.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter what IF. The point is they actually did it. There was pressure from all levels and perhaps obstruction of justice.
She stood up for what's right and the rule of law. This is what people forget

I thought Justin would get second mandate as most PMs do. This might just change everything.

The PM and his office have handled this very poorly from day one.

I was never a big fan of JWR either. I think she overstepped her boundaries when the Colton Boushie verdict came down.

It doesn't matter what IF. The point is they actually did it. There was pressure from all levels and perhaps obstruction of justice.
She stood up for what's right and the rule of law

Curious, what makes it "right"? Should 50000 people lose their jobs because of the actions of a few executives?

Curious, what makes it "right"? Should 50000 people lose their jobs because of the actions of a few executives?

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

This whole "too big to fail" idea is BS. It's always the same song and dance when they get busted.
"Oh look, at all the people I'm providing employment for. My, oh my, that's quite a bit of leverage, isn't it?!!"

Corporations can and should be held accountable.

So if you lost your job today because your boss went on a racist tirade you'd be totally fine with it?

IDK. If you lost your job because foreign investors don't have confidence in the rule of law in Canada, you'd be totally fine with it?

You shouldn't get to play fast and loose with regulations on account of being a contributor to a political party's war chest.

If being found guilty precludes you from bidding on gov contract... well you should've considered that beforehand.

She stood up for what's right and the rule of law. This is what people forget
No, it is normal to ask if a provision of the law can be used in this case. She had the final say anyway. Unless it was recorded well never know what type of pressure it was...

It looks like a personal vendetta from her to put dirt on the gov't

And I'll say it again I absolutely hate Trudeau and wish he looses the next elections

No, it is normal to ask if a provision of the law can be used in this case. She had the final say anyway. Unless it was recorded well never know what type of pressure it was...

It looks like a personal vendetta from her to put dirt on the gov't

And I'll say it again I absolutely hate Trudeau and wish he looses the next elections

And how did this provision of the law come to be? Was it subject to much debate? Oh, right. The good old majority party/ omnibus express...

And how did this provision of the law come to be? Was it subject to much debate? Oh, right. The good old omnibus express...
The Senate is now watchdog of any of the law passed.

In any case, they will just change names and the first layer of execs, just like many companies from the corruption scandal in Quebec.

As long as Justin looses then I don't really care. I know a bunch of SNC employees and even if they fail they will reopen the next day or be eaten by WSP or whatever

I hate Trudeau, but I'm sure if the conservatives were in power they would have done the same.

Juste pour le fun... Comment aurait réagit La Prêche et les média en général si les allégations avaient été contre Harper ? ? ? hehehe !

Sinon, à mon humble avis, il faut faire payer SNC et les faire crever si nécessaire. Je ne voudrais pas vivre dans un pays où les politicos font des arrangements avec les pires compagnie corrompu et avec les compagnies de fraudeurs/crosseurs au noms de considération qui les arranges selon les circonstances du moment.......

NON ! Les bandits, qu'ils dirigent un salon de massage où une firme d'ingénieur prospère, la justice doit s'appliquer de la même façon. Autrement, on mérite une classe politique digne d'Haìti (si c'est pas déjà le cas)

Après avoir lu le témoignage de la ministre si elle dit vrai Trudeau est allé pas mal plus loin que simplement lui demander si c'était possible/souhaitable d'utiliser la disposition de la loi pour une entente hors cours...

Si elle dit vrai alors Trudeau est encore plus croche que je pensais.

Je voulais voir tomber SNC , mais après avoir appris qu'en Europe , au State et autre pays au même niveau de vie que nous , on conclu des accords de réparation avec des sociétés qui on commis plusieurs crime de fraude, pot de vin , collusion

pourquoi pas nous ?

ça l'air de toute façon que c'est la façon de faire et que lorsque que tu as beaucoup d'argent , la justice c'est bon pour le petit peuple

I absolutely believe she's telling the 100% truth. The answers were clear and precise. It wasn't a case of Cohen where the story changed 500 times.

This is how politics have always been done in Canada. Doesn't matter who's in power

Back