Nuts people asking for $$$ to take their lease

Ayashifx55

I’m in the market to take over a car lease. Is it just me or some people are nuts? For example They put a security deposit of 3000$, they want you to pay them back the same amount but live. You get your 3000$ back in 3-4 years. Inflation, hello?

Or people who gives zero incentives but really wants to get rid of the sub lease and tries to boss you around by saying they are firm.

Dude, you are trying to get out of a lease because you have to. Shoulnt you just take a bit of loss instead of being stuck with your contract and keep on losing either way?

Since when you have a refundable deposit at the end of a lease? If they initially gave a cash down, it won`t be refunded at the end!!!

Moi aussi quand j'en cherchais un les prix étaient n'importe quoi.

Des Volks plus chères que des neuves!
Des gars qui ont mis $10k en échange et qui veulent $10k cash pis les mêmes paiements sur un char déjà 2 ans d'usure... En prenant les risques des frais au retour de location.
Des gens qui veulent que tu payes les frais de transfert!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Donc, grosomodo, ces vendeurs pensent que tu leur fais une faveur en prenant leur location? C'est pas sensé être le contraire?

Donc, grosomodo, ces vendeurs pensent que tu leur fais une faveur en prenant leur location? C'est pas sensé être le contraire?
La majorité oui!

Mais il y a quelques bons deals.

Des gens avec des prix employés, des gros caahdown qu'ils demandent pas où offrent même genre $2k pour le reprendre.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mon experience a magasiner sur lease-busters par exemple c'est que c'est des voitures hors de prix avec des options ultra pas possibles genre max out mais dont t'as rien a foutre.

Genre des Accent full loaded avec telemetrie live sur le web et bancs en peau humaine a 400$/mois.

Est-ce juste moi ou le gars rêve en couleur?

2015 Ferrari 458 SPIDER CONVERTIBLE
Paiement mensuel avant les taxes $1,695.74
Paiement mensuel avec les taxes $1,949.68
Acompte d'origine $40,000.00
Dépôt de sécurité $0.00
Option d'achat à la fin du contrat $270,000.00
Kilométrage total prévu 15000
Frais de kilométrage excédentaire 0.16
Durée originale du contrat (mois) 24

Il demande 20 000$ cash
$1,695.74 par mois pour 5mois
Avec km busté (15 000km autorisé sur le contrat, le char a présentement 20 000km)

https://leasebusters.com/fr/details.asp?ID=277914

Everytime I transfered a lease I asked for $, usually about 2K and not a security deposit! But I paid way less then everyone else cause I worked at a dealer.

But there's always been overpriced shit of lease busters, it's nothing new! If you look u'll find a deal!

Est-ce juste moi ou le gars rêve en couleur?

2015 Ferrari 458 SPIDER CONVERTIBLE
Paiement mensuel avant les taxes $1,695.74
Paiement mensuel avec les taxes $1,949.68
Acompte d'origine $40,000.00
Dépôt de sécurité $0.00
Option d'achat à la fin du contrat $270,000.00
Kilométrage total prévu 15000
Frais de kilométrage excédentaire 0.16
Durée originale du contrat (mois) 24

Il demande 20 000$ cash
$1,695.74 par mois pour 5mois
Avec km busté (15 000km autorisé sur le contrat, le char a présentement 20 000km)

https://leasebusters.com/fr/details.asp?ID=277914

Une Spider 2015 de 20 000km, ça vaut pas plus de 280 000$ à mon avis. Le "buy-back" est à 270 000$, donc il demande l'équivalent de 299 000$ présentement. Personne ne va reprendre ce bail à ces conditions évidemment.

Since when you have a refundable deposit at the end of a lease? If they initially gave a cash down, it won`t be refunded at the end!!!

A security deposit is an amount of money you give up front in exchange for a lower interest rate. You get that money back at the end of the lease. It's not a cash down (which you should never do on a lease to begin with).

I think it's fair to ask for the security deposit amount as the person who finishes the lease is the one who get's it back at the end. Therefor, the person who is giving up the lease loses out on that money if they don't ask for it. That said, the usual is giving an incentive with the lease which can be in the form of cash or goodies. It also depends on how good the lease is. Some people happen to get ridiculous deals and won't budge on price because of that.

I had an employee discount on a Sentra in 2015 and it cost me $148 tax in per month for 39 months. I decided to transfer it after roughly 6 months to get a Scion iM instead. Not only did I have the person taking my lease pay the transfer fees, but I had them pay for the winter tires and mags that came with the car. I didn't have to give any form of incentive because the deal was just that good.

Mon experience a magasiner sur lease-busters par exemple c'est que c'est des voitures hors de prix avec des options ultra pas possibles genre max out mais dont t'as rien a foutre.

Genre des Accent full loaded avec telemetrie live sur le web et bancs en peau humaine a 400$/mois.

Le gratte shnoll viens tu avec dans l'accent?

A security deposit is an amount of money you give up front in exchange for a lower interest rate. You get that money back at the end of the lease. It's not a cash down (which you should never do on a lease to begin with).

I think it's fair to ask for the security deposit amount as the person who finishes the lease is the one who get's it back at the end. Therefor, the person who is giving up the lease loses out on that money if they don't ask for it. That said, the usual is giving an incentive with the lease which can be in the form of cash or goodies. It also depends on how good the lease is. Some people happen to get ridiculous deals and won't budge on price because of that.

I had an employee discount on a Sentra in 2015 and it cost me $148 tax in per month for 39 months. I decided to transfer it after roughly 6 months to get a Scion iM instead. Not only did I have the person taking my lease pay the transfer fees, but I had them pay for the winter tires and mags that came with the car. I didn't have to give any form of incentive because the deal was just that good.

But the thing is, my 3000$ today is worth more in 3-4 years. I can invest with it and everything or just let it sit and it gains on inflation.

Also, like you said, the deal has to be really good but most lease I have observed are just “ok”

Vrai, les golfs R que je suis allé voir, le monde voulais que je paie 750$ pour les frais de transfert, voulais pas me donner les tires d'hiver pis en plus il voulait un montant d'argent en plus.. euhhh non!

But the thing is, my 3000$ today is worth more in 3-4 years. I can invest with it and everything or just let it sit and it gains on inflation.

Also, like you said, the deal has to be really good but most lease I have observed are just “ok”

Yes. What's your point? Some people just want to pay less interest. Most people wont invest a 1500-3000 over a period of 4 years, so it's better for them to save 1.5-2% on interest which can be $25-$40 a month (which changes a budget when shopping for a car - and saves them $1200-$2000 over a 4 year lease). Point is it's not lost money, and since they'd be getting it back at the end of the lease, it makes sense that they ask for it back from the person who'll be taking over the lease.

As for the deals just being "ok" fine, don't take the car? lol I wasn't defending those asking for extra cash, but a security deposit is fair.

Last edited:
Une Spider 2015 de 20 000km, ça vaut pas plus de 280 000$ à mon avis. Le "buy-back" est à 270 000$, donc il demande l'équivalent de 299 000$ présentement. Personne ne va reprendre ce bail à ces conditions évidemment.

No offence, mais surtout à Chicoutimi... et avec les photos les plus floues de l'histoire
Ils vont surement à pêche au nigaud/nouveau riche...

I considered doing this with my STI.

My lease is up in 2.5 months

There are currently 12 2016 WRX STI's for sale within a 500km radius of my postal code. The cheapest is $34,800 and the most expensive is $39,000
My buy back is roughly $23,600
I was thinking of putting it up for transfer, asking for some cash (maybe 3k) and transfer fees, throw in all my extras (winter tires, upgraded speakers, STI lip kit, weather techs, class 3 hitch).

Even with the 3k cash and the transfer fees the car would cost the buyer several thousand dollars less than the cheapest car on auto trader.

In the end though it looks like we are just going to buy it out. It's been a great car.

Dude fait attention ne prononce pas Sti et great car sur ce forum dans la même phrase , si tu as ta flame suit c'est ok

Back