All cars to have speed limiting in EU from 2022?

Environment too
No, it's to save 5500 lives, that's the goal of the law, not environment.

The thing is that even with this, there will not be 5500 lives saved because of that, it will be a mix of safer cars, electronics aids, better roads, etc.. but they will all take the credit on speed limiting.

Just like they do in North america.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The thing is that even with this, there will not be 5500 lives saved because of that, it will be a mix of safer cars, electronics aids, better roads, etc.. but they will all take the credit on speed limiting.

yep. and when the study comes back and says that raising the speed limit resulted in fewer deaths, they burry it. Enforcing stricter speed limits is easy and beneficial.

04aca32f78de73ae2ada2907a779020c.jpg

yep. and when the study comes back and says that raising the speed limit resulted in fewer deaths, they burry it. Enforcing stricter speed limits is easy and beneficial.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190302/04aca32f78de73ae2ada2907a779020c.jpg

Actual speed traps like that in Europe are rare, maybe in CH on a backroad where motorcycles drive it could happen. There are speed cameras everywhere, avg speed or unmarked units that will pull you over. In Germany, Austria, CH the cop will pull in front of you and there is a sign that lights up saying "Bitte Folgen,Stop Polizei !" you follow them off to the next exit or where they pull over. Most countries will use the same method but language changes, or they'll put a paddle out the window saying "Stop" Our friends in Zurich got pretty massive fine by North American standards for going 20kph over in a tunnel. Fines are based to income, speed and what sorta zone.. Another friend in the UK got nailed in Germany 12 kph over getting off an autobahn but that was around 100 euro I believe. The fines for driving on an highway without the correct vignette are hella expensive as well (photographed), then you need to still buy the vingette roadside! 200 Francs and I think 180euros in Austria.. or worse you have it but it's isn't in the correct spot... The fines are double to triple if you are sharing it between cars...

As I explained in another thread its sorta getting annoying to drive in Germany. You are either stuck in traffic or the speed zone is 130kph, no speed zone for 10-15km, then 120-100-80 back to 130, 80, no zone, Stau, stau, stau, no speed zone. UK is just annoying because it's all construction with AVG speed cameras at 50MPH or so. Holland? Dutch people can't drive or they are hauling a camper trailer with a 900cc Yaris.
43703e0513cdaca07369691b7995071f.jpg

Last edited:

Une fois que ça va être regler on va faire porter des dossards, casque de velos et genouilères a tous les piétons... tsé, juste au cas.

C'est pas demain la veille que cette mesure la serais adoptés aux États-Unis. Le port de la ceinture de sécurité n'est même pas obligatoire dans tous les États.

Actual speed traps like that in Europe are rare, maybe in CH on a backroad where motorcycles drive it could happen. There are speed cameras everywhere, avg speed or unmarked units that will pull you over. In Germany, Austria, CH the cop will pull in front of you and there is a sign that lights up saying "Bitte Folgen,Stop Polizei !" you follow them off to the next exit or where they pull over. Most countries will use the same method but language changes, or they'll put a paddle out the window saying "Stop" Our friends in Zurich got pretty massive fine by North American standards for going 20kph over in a tunnel. Fines are based to income, speed and what sorta zone.. Another friend in the UK got nailed in Germany 12 kph over getting off an autobahn but that was around 100 euro I believe. The fines for driving on an highway without the correct vignette are hella expensive as well (photographed), then you need to still buy the vingette roadside! 200 Francs and I think 180euros in Austria.. or worse you have it but it's isn't in the correct spot... The fines are double to triple if you are sharing it between cars...

As I explained in another thread its sorta getting annoying to drive in Germany. You are either stuck in traffic or the speed zone is 130kph, no speed zone for 10-15km, then 120-100-80 back to 130, 80, no zone, Stau, stau, stau, no speed zone. UK is just annoying because it's all construction with AVG speed cameras at 50MPH or so. Holland? Dutch people can't drive or they are hauling a camper trailer with a 900cc Yaris.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190303/43703e0513cdaca07369691b7995071f.jpg

France and Spain have massive speed trap operations bikes and fast cop cars etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never said they don't happen... The highest cause of road deaths in France is people falling asleep at the wheel and impaired driving. Which make up over 50% of road deaths. Spain's problem with deaths seem to be the exactly same. There is also a staggering high figure of people who don't use seatbelts.. same deal in Belgium with seatbelt usage.. for 182 deaths on Belgian roads 38 deaths where influence by speed but 17 were linked directly to speed. Again the non use of a seatbelt is high at 35% in fatalities.

UK more people die on secondary roads and regular roads vs motorway. Motorway deaths are actually really really low like 5-6% of total, 31% of deaths are people over 60 years old
https://assets.publishing.service.g...ported-road-casualties-annual-report-2017.pdf

https://www.thelocal.fr/20180731/what-are-the-main-causes-of-frances-motorway-deaths

When you actually start reading the data, actual speed related deaths appear to be very low. Central and Eastern EU have the worst death rates... not a shocker there.

Last edited:

The number of speed trap are a function of big government (Gouvernemaman mentality) and/or the state of their finances. France and Spain probably don't really give two shits about their population other than how much they can fleece them for to make up gaps in the budget. If they do care about their lives, it's no more than a dairy farmer cares about his cows, i.e. it's self serving to do so.

Like Snail points out, study after study comes back saying that raising the speed results in making roads safer. However, they'll lose money doing that. so to hell with those extra lives saved if it comes literally at their cost.

The number of speed trap are a function of big government (Gouvernemaman mentality) and/or the state of their finances. France and Spain probably don't really give two shits about their population other than how much they can fleece them for to make up gaps in the budget. If they do care about their lives, it's no more than a dairy farmer cares about his cows, i.e. it's self serving to do so.

Like Snail points out, study after study comes back saying that raising the speed results in making roads safer. However, they'll lose money doing that. so to hell with those extra lives saved if it comes literally at their cost.

Quand toutes les voitures vont avoir des limiteurs GPS, explique mois comment augmenter la limite sur l'autoroute ferait perdre de l'argent au gouvernement (vu qu'ils ne donneront pu de ticket de vitesse anyways avec le limitateur gps)? Au contraire, moins vite = moins de carburant consommé par kilomètre = moins de taxes perçues.

Ce n'est pas la SQ et le SPVM qui font les lois provinciales ou européennes, faut arrêter de voir le complot e la volonté de nous donner plus de tickets partout. Ce sont simplement des technocrates qui se basent sur des statistiques et rapports quelconques en se disant que c'est la chose politically correcte à faire.

Quand toutes les voitures vont avoir des limiteurs GPS, explique mois comment augmenter la limite sur l'autoroute ferait perdre de l'argent au gouvernement (vu qu'ils ne donneront pu de ticket de vitesse anyways avec le limitateur gps)? Au contraire, moins vite = moins de carburant consommé par kilomètre = moins de taxes perçues.

Ce n'est pas la SQ et le SPVM qui font les lois provinciales ou européennes, faut arrêter de voir le complot e la volonté de nous donner plus de tickets partout. Ce sont simplement des technocrates qui se basent sur des statistiques et rapports quelconques en se disant que c'est la chose politically correcte à faire.
ils vont trouver qqch pour s'assurer que tu ne t'amuse pas. ça, je te l'assure.

autrement dit, if you're having fun, it's probably illegal.

Ce n'est pas la SQ et le SPVM qui font les lois provinciales ou européennes, faut arrêter de voir le complot e la volonté de nous donner plus de tickets partout.

Effectivement c'est pas la SQ et le SPVM qui font les lois provinciales mais ils s'en servent pour remplir les coffres,
penser autrement est de faire l'autruche.

C'est le signe de $ qui dirige ...

Effectivement c'est pas la SQ et le SPVM qui font les lois provinciales mais ils s'en servent pour remplir les coffres,
penser autrement est de faire l'autruche.

C'est le signe de $ qui dirige ...

Ok mais le sujet c'est des speed limiter gps. Ça va justement réduire les tickets, donc je ne vois pas comment on peut tout ramener à "la SQ veut remplir les coffres".

Ok mais le sujet c'est des speed limiter gps. Ça va justement réduire les tickets, donc je ne vois pas comment on peut tout ramener à "la SQ veut remplir les coffres".
The revenue from infractions is already calculated into budgets.. so suddenly with a hard GPS limit you have a massive gap in the budget that needs to be filled up

lol exactly my thought. It would never come here...but if it did, there would be a huge revolt. Glad my bike has 4 carbs.

Your bike still has a CDI that control the ignition system so i suppose they could still limit the speed with that just as easy as it would be on an OBDI EFI system.

Back