Volvo va limiter la vitesse max a 180km/h

Neons had an electronic limiter at around 190kph. R/T and ACR at 125mph. I believe 95 ACRs didn't have a limiter. Aerowise around 200kph it started becoming a struggle even with good power bolt ons, thats before factoring in how inaccurate those Mopar speedos were.

Terrifying some of the speeds we hit in those 90s crap cans, Neons, Civics etc. Cars are so good now. I don't car for how fast a car goes but rather how it feels at 160...

The 140hp Astra I had in German felt better at 180kph vs 120kph in any Neon I've owned. Cars have come a long way

When you "accidentally" drive 159kph, slow back down to 120kph and your wife turns to you to ask why you're going to slow. #F'ingspeedlimits

Neons had an electronic limiter at around 190kph. R/T and ACR at 125mph. I believe 95 ACRs didn't have a limiter. Aerowise around 200kph it started becoming a struggle even with good power bolt ons, thats before factoring in how inaccurate those Mopar speedos were.

Terrifying some of the speeds we hit in those 90s crap cans, Neons, Civics etc. Cars are so good now. I don't car for how fast a car goes but rather how it feels at 160...

The 140hp Astra I had in German felt better at 180kph vs 120kph in any Neon I've owned. Cars have come a long way
190kmh from st charles to hudson was fun ride in my 95 neon.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Grosse ride de 2000 pieds selon Google, vraiment impressionnant que tu avais le temps de te rendre à 190kmh.

100e6c68411b08f2134ec1a45e57a863.jpg

Neon, electronic limiter 190km/h? T'es sur? Je me rappelle de l'avoir monté à 195km/h dans le redline (5500rpm). Ça ne peut juste pas monté + haut à cause du redline.

195km/h, ça shakait en calisse dans une Neon sur l'essieu arrière. 180km/h, c'était comme être sur le cruise.

Aussi, 170kn/h dans un 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera International, c'était smooth AF!

Last edited:
Neon, electronic limiter 190km/h? T'es sur? Je me rappelle de l'avoir monté à 195km/h dans le redline (5500rpm). Ça ne peut juste pas monté + haut à cause du redline.

195km/h, ça shakait en calisse dans une Neon sur l'essieu arrière. 180km/h, c'était comme être sur le cruise.
You trust a horrible Neon cluster at speed? Yes they had limiters, 100%. Actual redline was around 7600rpm or something stock. My car turned around 8000rpm but it kept it at 7500rpm. Only bonus was R/T and ACR had a non over drive 5th gear.. you could sorta accelerate. I can still feel that front end wander at speed and the EPIC wind noise

You trust a horrible Neon cluster at speed? Yes they had limiters, 100%. Actual redline was around 7600rpm or something stock. My car turned around 8000rpm but it kept it at 7500rpm. Only bonus was R/T and ACR had a non over drive 5th gear.. you could sorta accelerate. I can still feel that front end wander at speed and the EPIC wind noise

Mes tires étaient oversized de + de 4%. Donc, 195km/h, c'est réaliste.

T'es sur que le redline était à 7600rpm pour le stock 150ph?? Maximum 5800rpm. Mais certainement pas 7600rpm.

Mes tires étaient oversized de + de 4%. Donc, 195km/h, c'est réaliste.

T'es sur que le redline était à 7600rpm pour le stock 150ph?? Maximum 5800rpm. Mais certainement pas 7600rpm.
Yes. Considering it made peak power at around 6500rpm.... SOHC limter was 6800rpm DOHC 7000-7200rpms I believe. It varied on transmission auto or manual and package. The worst combo was DOHC Automatic.. the gear ratios didn't match the power output of the engine

Mopar Performance ECU 7600-7800rpms

Nothing was ever that low at 5800rpms

240km/h crew in.

le G est slow en haute lol.

Mais sérieux, qui roule 180 pendant longtemps ici?

C'est rare en astie que je tiens une vitesse comme ça plus que 1-2 minute.

Yes. Considering it made peak power at around 6500rpm.... SOHC limter was 6800rpm DOHC 7000-7200rpms I believe. It varied on transmission auto or manual and package. The worst combo was DOHC Automatic.. the gear ratios didn't match the power output of the engine

Mopar Performance ECU 7600-7800rpms

Nothing was ever that low at 5800rpms

Avoir su, je l'aurai fait chippé pour les rpm en extra. :)

I did almost the same thing in my 89 MR2 many years ago when I was late for an MR karting meet in St-Zotique. Left from Chapters on St-John's, wide open throttle all the way to St-Zotique. There used to be a nasty dip in the highway at one point. Hit that at around 200km/h, literally got air and then let off the throttle like an amateur.. One of my most asshole-puckering moments ever but I made it to the meet on time.

He's probably not talking about that St Charles. Either the Vaudreuil St Charles or even more impressive would be the west island St Charles.
St charles west island. Dans le temps qui avait pas une police au 100 pied sur la 40w

Back