Wont start in the cold

skennedy1011

Hello,

I have a 2009 impreza 2.5i with 5 speed manual. The motor was just replaced due to old motor missing oil and letting go. Since the motor swap the car starts and runs perfectly with no check engine or irregular idle if left indoors or has already been running but once i leave it outside over night the next morning it cranks but doesnt turn over. I have had 2 shops look at it and have replaced the cam and crank sensors for the oem ones from subaru with no successs to get it to start in the cold. Has any one experienced this before?

Thanks

Hello,

I have a 2009 impreza 2.5i with 5 speed manual. The motor was just replaced due to old motor missing oil and letting go. Since the motor swap the car starts and runs perfectly with no check engine or irregular idle if left indoors or has already been running but once i leave it outside over night the next morning it cranks but doesnt turn over. I have had 2 shops look at it and have replaced the cam and crank sensors for the oem ones from subaru with no successs to get it to start in the cold. Has any one experienced this before?

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=car+that+cranks+but+wont+start

Essentially you have to check for:

SPARK
FUEL
AIR
TIMING
COMPRESSION

Back