Shipping rate on DOA watch

Upper Limit

Hi, I'm not very familiar with this kind of stuff.

I bought a cheap watch, nice looking tho .
Brand : Stührling

Montre-Homme-Stuhrling-Original-Legacy-571-3345K54-Marron.jpg

It was DOA, not working.

Emailed the manufacturer, and they said, no problem we will repair it , here your RMA no.

The day after, I shipped the watch with poste canada. 12$ cad.

Then they send me a mail , telling me the watch repair is done, and it will cost 30$ usd to send it back...

Lets get the the big picture :

- got my self a product from a well known company. I dont care about the price, 1$ or 25 000$, a DOA shouldn't cost me that much, right? (290$usd watch in that case).

- So expecting a aprpox 50$ cad (+tx customs) for a DOA watch is normal ?

if yes, ill pay. if not theyll keep it :thefinger

here the answer I got.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for choosing Stuhrling Original LLC.

Our warranty doesn’t cover the shipping fees. We replied to your previous email stating that we will lower the return shipping and handling fees to $20.00 from $30.00.

If you sent in your watch after that email, it is to our understanding that you agreed to that price and you’re willing to pay that fee.

Unfortunately we cannot waive the return shipping and handling fees any lower.

Please remit the $20.00 so we can ship back your repaired watch.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Stopped reading at Stührling.

Joking aside, paying for sending the watch is typical (Citizen does the same on their 500+$ watches).

Paying for return shipping is plain ridiculous. First time I see this.

Joking aside, paying for sending the watch is typical (Citizen does the same on their 500+$ watches).

huhu, yeah, its a ''i dont care watch'', skiing/travel/etc.

well thanks, if its typical, I wont call them, if its not ill try to get it back.

Agreed, the customer normally pays shipping to return the item and the company pays the shipping to get it back to the customer.

Considering it was DOA, it's totally unreasonable that they expect you to pay both ways...

Any news?

didnt take care of it yet, I want to call them, email wont help me much at this point.

Also, thanks for the tips guys. believe it or not, im not that young :p, and I never got doa (dead on arrival) stuff, not online at least.

ggti , sorry for the doa thing, Ive learned this acronym few weeks ago, and I should have explained it.

So called them, they refuse to do anything.

So in the end, learned lesson, when you buy ''mechanically complex'' items, this kind of info is often taken for granted. Like , they have a nice web site and everything, and if it's not working they will understand, but its not always the case.

At this point, they will keep it, even for 2$ I'll refuse.

Also, when I ask them '' why on your website it says FREE worldwide shipping'' ?, they said '' yeah but for purchased item'' .

So I said '' oh ok, so this is INCLUDED in the price , not free, free means 0$ for me and you''. She wasn't happy. And what is the difference with a ''new purchase'' and '' a new purchase DOA'' ? ? I'm asking the question...

Back