Vision Zero - Montreal to reduce speed limits to improve pedestrian safety

Jpense ta encore trop bu ou recommencé? C'est vrai les japonais c'est des race car drivers et les chinois pas mal moin bon.. L'analogie ici etais des comparer comment ils conduisent ici et leur limitie de vitesse plus basse la bas. Anyway mostinerai pas avec toi, si ta besoin d'attention ten aura pas plus

Lol, ya tu quelqu'un qui a pissé dans tes cereales?

lol.

School zones are 40km/h in my city. School buses are also prohibited from using their stop signs/lights. (because teaching kids to run accross the road w/o looking isn't smart)

We should all be dead by now, right?

Good luck, montreal!

Don't interfere with natural selection, if somebody is dumb enough to walk into traffic without looking first then too bad.

Lavenrendrie c’est rendu 40kmh sur une section... 3 vois de chaque côté, presque qu’aucun piedtons

Yep du metro Jolicoeur jusqu'apres le parc Angrignon et la police est souvent la a surveiller direction Est et Ouest , ils font de bonne récoltes $$$$ !

Compare pas le chinois/japon avec nous svp ya toujours ben des limites la. Si y conduise la bas comme ils conduisent ici , y devraient meme pas avoir de permis de conduire. La femme a mon oncle est chinoise, et serieux c'est une plaie quand a conduit....la banc avancer au max dans le volant, ca roule a 80km/h sur lautoroute, ca recule sans regarder et marche au son..... pas capable de stationner de reculons, neb trop compliquer, tout le monde roule trop vite et jen passe , des vrai danger plublic. Ou yen as aussi de dautre nationalité comme ca mais le ratio est crissement elever chez nos ami wing et wong
Es-ce que tu viens de comparer Japon/Chine?

Vision Zero - Shockingly appropriate.

I'm convinced that 99% of all pedestrian deaths are the pedestrians at fault. But it's easier to blame the car...those big dangerous cars.

I really have no problem with people J-walking; the issue is with people from abroad who are used to a certain way of doing things- jotting in front of traffic like they're still in the middle east. That's not how that works here and it'll get you killed...so don't do it.

Compare pas le chinois/japon avec nous svp ya toujours ben des limites la. Si y conduise la bas comme ils conduisent ici , y devraient meme pas avoir de permis de conduire. La femme a mon oncle est chinoise, et serieux c'est une plaie quand a conduit....la banc avancer au max dans le volant, ca roule a 80km/h sur lautoroute, ca recule sans regarder et marche au son..... pas capable de stationner de reculons, neb trop compliquer, tout le monde roule trop vite et jen passe , des vrai danger plublic. Ou yen as aussi de dautre nationalité comme ca mais le ratio est crissement elever chez nos ami wing et wong
T'est retardé ou quoi

Отправлено с моего CLT-L04 через Tapatalk

C'est drôle comment dans les documents du MTQ pour les villes, ils disent que la limite affichée a pas tant d'incidence que ça sur la vitesse du trafic. Que c'est très important de mettre une limite qui a du sens, sinon elle ne sera pas respectée et que par conséquent, les autres règlements ne le seront pas parce que l'automobiliste se dit que la réglementation est bidon.

La limite doit être déterminée par l'environnement. Personne ne va être tenté de rouler à 90 km/h en ville parce que l'environnement ne le permet pas.

Si tu veux que les gens roulent moins vite, change l'environnement, baisse pas la limite.

I feel like there this major push to discourage drivers to to downtown.. First they want to make ste-catherine around Mcgill a pedestrian place only and now reducing speed limits.. I for one don't go to Montreal unless I really have to.
Having said that.. I don't blame the city. Everybody, drivers and pedestrians alike are all on their cellphones...

I feel like there this major push to discourage drivers to to downtown.. First they want to make ste-catherine around Mcgill a pedestrian place only and now reducing speed limits.. I for one don't go to Montreal unless I really have to.
Having said that.. I don't blame the city. Everybody, drivers and pedestrians alike are all on their cellphones...

Plante is basically another virtue signalling SJW panderer
what good would a pedestrian-only st-catherine street do when 6 months out of the year its snow and ice? Where do you want me to park downtown? Sure, I can take the metro to get downtown, but when's the last time anyone has found parking at any metro station? Downtown stores will just die off. It used to take me 15 minutes to drive from St-Laurent area to downtown (15-40-15-720) to get to school most mornings back in 2013. With all the construction these past few years+ cyclist lanes everywhere+all this BS, I'm glad I graduated and work 10 mins from home.

oh yea, je me souviens...

Plante is basically another virtue signalling SJW panderer
what good would a pedestrian-only st-catherine street do when 6 months out of the year its snow and ice? Where do you want me to park downtown? Sure, I can take the metro to get downtown, but when's the last time anyone has found parking at any metro station? Downtown stores will just die off. It used to take me 15 minutes to drive from St-Laurent area to downtown (15-40-15-720) to get to school most mornings back in 2013. With all the construction these past few years+ cyclist lanes everywhere+all this BS, I'm glad I graduated and work 10 mins from home.

oh yea, je me souviens...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK_Ru6tScBE
Decathlon is opening a new store where Les Ailes was. I remember a time when downtown was actually a big shopping hub.. it wasn't that long ago. Eatons closing up shop was the first blow..

The surrounding population can easily support downtown shopping but lots of people think why bother dealing with crowds when you can order online and in 1-3 days have your stuff delivered..Lots of European cities have closed off major shopping streets to cars and those areas are busy again. I'm all for closing Ste Catherine to cars it just needs to be done properly.

I was in the UK a few months ago. Retail has taken a big hit there. Malls started moving away from stores and started attracting restos.

The "merchants " complaining about having to close up for the most were crap to begin with or it was some trust fund kids beard wax/scarf shop.

Plante and Fernandez blaming suburbs is hilarious. Those suburbs have been there for 50+ years now and for the most part quality of life is better for a family as you have everything around, new schools and new infrastructure.

Eaton is closing ??

you're right on ordering things online- saves time, hassle, money etc.

but in the summertime I don't mind going out to shopping malls or wtv- dix 30 is esp nice on nice days

Euro cities don't have major snow storms or 30 cm of ICE underneath 30 cm of snow for weeks or even months on end like we do (yes I might be exaggerating, but only a little)

We need to be realistic. We're not the south of Spain, but we're not Vladivostok either.

Montreal will just always be unique.

Montréal, c'est une île pas facile d'accès dont le centre-ville n'a d’attrait que le travail.

Montréal a atteint son pic d'achalandage avec son infrastructure actuelle. Les banlieues vont continuer de se développer tout simplement parce que Montréal n'a rien d'unique à offrir. À l'aire des marques de commerce, je peux avoir la même chose en banlieue qu'à Montréal (et même en ligne).

Pour vouloir venir à Montréal, ça prend une valeur ajoutée.

Yep du metro Jolicoeur jusqu'apres le parc Angrignon et la police est souvent la a surveiller direction Est et Ouest , ils font de bonne récoltes $$$$ !

Mon premier ticket de vitesse etait cette intersection la. Char ben coller dans l'entree du pont pietonier. Y'ont pas changer de spot en 13 ans.

Pis ben si y veulent reduire a 40KMH sur les grosses arteres ca va faire comme sur la 720 a la hauteur de st-pierre... le monde s'en calisse tant quya pas des cerises d'allumees

40km/h, I find bearable on most MTL streets accept the very wide ones like René-Levesque or Sherbrooke.

What is reaaaally grinding my gears, is those same limit while driving a motorcycle, THAT makes me rage.

Those fuckers are focusing on a non-issue instead of fixing the real problem: potholes. Fix the potholes, increase the speed limits, and go fist yourselves.

les petites rue je m'en fous 40 = correct

mais boulevard a 40 .... I HOPE NOT!? au moins 50 svp

ca fait deja dure d'aller 50 dans les voies de services de l'ouest de l'île quand à laval sont à 70....
La verandre is a 40 zone now. From Verdun all the way up to airlie. What a fucking joke.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Vision 2020- Montreal to impose fines on distracted jaywalkers to improve pedestrian safety

a-man-can-dream-though-a-man-can-dream.jpg

Those fuckers are focusing on a non-issue instead of fixing the real problem: potholes. Fix the potholes, increase the speed limits, and go fist yourselves.
The real issue is heavy trucks destroying the already shitty roads. I'm not talking about construction trucks but driving a big rig into the city or neighborhood to refill starbucks is stupid. I see it first hand every day...

Back