Boeing 737 Max 8

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
After Sunday’s Ethiopia crash, all 737 Max 8 are grounded except in North America. Do you think Air Canada should ground theirs? 2 brand new plans crash within 6 months in clear skies is definitely suspect but at the same time maybe it’s just bad luck?

1552323080745-38224653056_00e3d6b1be_k.jpeg

À voir le gars qui chill dans la lucarne du pilote je serais pas stresser de les laissés voler.

À voir le gars qui chill dans la lucarne du pilote je serais pas stresser de les laissés voler.

Il a vraiment une tronche de «*hold my beer Roger, jva te reculer ca ste patente la, chu habitué j’ai un trailer 12 pieds*»

My bro feels the issue is pilot training and not the jet. Pilots are being hired with less experience than ever and flying jets that are more complicated than ever. He's in the industry and knows a lot more than me about this so I value his opinion.

As a casual uninformed observer, to me it seems that something is clearly wrong. Seems like they're doing the same thing with jets as they are with cars; implementing "safety" features that have not been perfected. Complicating the shit out things unnecessarily. Fixing something that isn't broken.

From what I heard on the radio with a pilot the issue is the lack of training of pilots on that specific aircraft outside of America.

It's a computer thing.

My bro feels the issue is pilot training and not the jet. Pilots are being hired with less experience than ever and flying jets that are more complicated than ever. He's in the industry and knows a lot more than me about this so I value his opinion.

As a casual uninformed observer, to me it seems that something is clearly wrong. Seems like they're doing the same thing with jets as they are with cars; implementing "safety" features that have not been perfected. Complicating the shit out things unnecessarily. Fixing something that isn't broken.

44511526.jpg

The 2 accidents also appears to not be related. The first one was a well documented pilot error & training error while for the second one, witnesses are saying the plane appeared on fire before it crashed.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5042552/ethiopian-airlines-crash-search-remains-investigators-cause/
Ethiopian Airlines crash: Witnesses saw smoke, debris falling from plane before impact

Also, there is a political component to this. The US have been on a confrontational course over the last years, playing economic wars & shitting all over many big Europeen or Asian companies. This might also be a quick and pretty legit way to stick it up to them for it.

This is going to be a gross over simplification of the problem, but it is likely tied to the pilot fighting the auto pilot inputs. Similar to how cars now have multiple traction control modes to defeat in order for the system to be fully disabled, these modern planes have all kinds of pilot aid systems running, and if the pilot is unaware of the particular system, or unsure how to disable it, it can turn into an emergency situation as the pilot will fight the auto pilot system for control of the plane.

This is going to be a gross over simplification of the problem, but it is likely tied to the pilot fighting the auto pilot inputs. Similar to how cars now have multiple traction control modes to defeat in order for the system to be fully disabled, these modern planes have all kinds of pilot aid systems running, and if the pilot is unaware of the particular system, or unsure how to disable it, it can turn into an emergency situation as the pilot will fight the auto pilot system for control of the plane.
That's basically what happened on AF447

The 2 accidents also appears to not be related. The first one was a well documented pilot error & training error while for the second one, witnesses are saying the plane appeared on fire before it crashed.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5042552/ethiopian-airlines-crash-search-remains-investigators-cause/

Also, there is a political component to this. The US have been on a confrontational course over the last years, playing economic wars & shitting all over many big Europeen or Asian companies. This might also be a quick and pretty legit way to stick it up to them for it.
The first crash was not pilot error. They just didn't know what to do because Boeing didn't inform the airlines on the procedure to follow in case that a problem like that happened. So the pilots were doomed.

God dam stressful morning

We are flying a 737-800 next week. I’m a plane noob and the girlfriends were losing their shit

Turns out its not the same plane !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Je prends cet avion vers LAX la semaine prochaine.

Quelqu'un sait ce qu'il va en advenir !?

Je n'ose même pas essayer d'appeler United/Air Canada.

Dès que les marchés ont ouvert cette semaine apres le crash de dimanche j'ai ramassé du stock Airbus, le lendemain l'europe gèle les Boeing (Airbus = europe). Les derniers qui se prononce sont les USA, boeing = majorité d'emploi au USA.

Le stock de Airbus fait que monter depuis l'ouverture, presque 5% depuis. C'est une game politique, de marché et de feelsgood pour la population. Aucun résultat d'enquete en cours, et si c'était le training qui n'était pas bien fait, la maintenance, etc?
Regardless losing two new aircraft that just entered service in a short time with both crews complaining about flight control problems is reason to raise an eye brow. It's looking very VW diesel gate where a Software workaround was found but didn't work..

What people need to understand as well is it's not as easy as the media makes it out to be flying a plane "oh just turn this off and it's good"

Back