Boeing 737 Max 8

combien de temps ca va prendre avant de mettre des parachutes sur un avion.

On est capable de faire atterrir une capsule spatiale en feu qui va plus vite qu'une balle de fusil en entrant en orbitte, on peut pas faire mieux avec les avions qui ont des ti problemes de moteur?

On est capable de faire atterrir une capsule spatiale en feu qui va plus vite qu'une balle de fusil en entrant en orbitte, on peut pas faire mieux avec les avions qui ont des ti problemes de moteur?
Ever seen the parachute on a Cirrus? Its massive. Its not practical on a commerical airliner

So do you think it's easy running an airline on the best days? What about a day when planes get grounded and thousands of passengers need rebooking and have to be dealt with? On top of the general daily stuff that happens during spring break! Yea it sucks for everyone including passengers but you can't expect miracles in a couple hours.

I understand all that.

Still not a reason to tell your clients they must find their tickets themselves or whatever...You fucked up, you should provide the clients a solution you can't just tell them to fuck off lol

I don't care whether it's 200 or 4000 people impacted, a freakin airline should have mitigation plans for this kind of situation, in this case it simply looks like a total cluster fuck with no organisation what so ever...

I understand all that.

Still not a reason to tell your clients they must find their tickets themselves or whatever...You fucked up, you should provide the clients a solution you can't just tell them to fuck off lol

I don't care whether it's 200 or 4000 people impacted, a freakin airline should have mitigation plans for this kind of situation, in this case it simply looks like a total cluster fuck with no organisation what so ever...
No you don't understand it it's around 12000 people a day as the plane turns 2-3 times... A flight of 200-250 people plans are there but this is 9/11 scale of problem North and South of the border. It just not as easy as putting people on other carriers, those other carriers are full as well and have the same issue... Spare planes? There are none. Wet Lease a plane takes time, pulling aircraft out of the boneyard takes 72hrs at earliest... The first few days will be hard then it start thinning out..

Take up your problems with Boeing. The airlines want to get you there and not have to cancel flights. This is costing millions of $$$$ per hour.

Last edited:
if you tell me all these planes are always full and pack every single flight, I'd call you a fucking liar. it's alwasy about customer service and clearly they don't give a shit about it in this situation.

if you tell me all these planes are always full and pack every single flight, I'd call you a fucking liar. it's alwasy about customer service and clearly they don't give a shit about it in this situation.
Load factor is around 80-85% system wide. Around the 70% mark you need more capacity. So yea the planes are always full. Especially this time of year.... Call me a liar if you want. Considering my wife just happens to work for an airline that's effected by this in a dept related to aircraft operations.. I think I'm pretty well versed based on the little info I have (we don't talk about work too much)

They do care but there are so many passengers the system is overloaded. Everyone needs to relax.

No you don't understand it it's around 12000 people a day as the plane turns 2-3 times... A flight of 200-250 people plans are there but this is 9/11 scale of problem North and South of the border. It just not as easy as putting people on other carriers, those other carriers are full as well and have the same issue... Spare planes? There are none. Wet Lease a plane takes time, pulling aircraft out of the boneyard takes 72hrs at earliest... The first few days will be hard then it start thinning out..

Take up your problems with Boeing. The airlines want to get you there and not have to cancel flights. This is costing millions of $$$$ per hour.

I don't think you get it.

I am not even talking about the lack of solution, I am talking about the way it's handled.

If you have to tell the clients they will have to sleep in Calgary for 2 weeks before you can get them another freaking plane, then fair enough if that's the only solution, no one can't do shit about it anyway, but at least COMMUNICATE this with your clients instead of expecting everyone to find a solution by their own.

For an airline that sees more than 10k people/day, such a situation shouldn't be so surprising, I would expect at least a properly planned customer service emergency plan, no matter what are the solutions.

With they way airlines will sell the same seat to multiple people, yes they're pretty good at filling the planes up these days.

Le problème c'est plus de savoir a quel moment on utiliserait des parachutes... Dans un cas comme celui de Ethiopian, si l'avion tombe vite de meme je pense pas que des parachutes seraient utiles...

Le problème c'est plus de savoir a quel moment on utiliserait des parachutes... Dans un cas comme celui de Ethiopian, si l'avion tombe vite de meme je pense pas que des parachutes seraient utiles...

Its nothing that elon musk cant fix! :p

Load factor is around 80-85% system wide. Around the 70% mark you need more capacity. So yea the planes are always full. Especially this time of year.... Call me a liar if you want. Considering my wife just happens to work for an airline that's effected by this in a dept related to aircraft operations.. I think I'm pretty well versed based on the little info I have (we don't talk about work too much)

They do care but there are so many passengers the system is overloaded. Everyone needs to relax.

Been on 4 flights in last 10 days between major NA cities; loads are very heavy right now. Lots of people in the airports; keep in mind its also spring break time.

Everyone seems to be blaming the lack of training but this is hardly plan b in a situation like this. The freaking mcas system is poorly designed. It jumped into anti stall protection putting the nose down because it got a faulty reading from a sensor. This is crazy. System needs to have redudency. It needs to validate if the input is valid from sensor. Double check against the second sensor for similar result then take action. If one sensor is faulty, it should disregard it. This is a critical system that cannot be easily overridden by pilots. Also after several cycle of fighting with the pilots sustem should disengage, similar to the autopilot logic. So many wrong things in the design and failures analysis not sure how they got it certified....

Everyone seems to be blaming the lack of training but this is hardly plan b in a situation like this. The freaking mcas system is poorly designed. It jumped into anti stall protection putting the nose down because it got a faulty reading from a sensor. This is crazy. System needs to have redudency. It needs to validate if the input is valid from sensor. Double check against the second sensor for similar result then take action. If one sensor is faulty, it should disregard it. This is a critical system that cannot be easily overridden by pilots. Also after several cycle of fighting with the pilots sustem should disengage, similar to the autopilot logic. So many wrong things in the design and failures analysis not sure how they got it certified....

Completely agree. And I don't think it's a case of the pilots not receiving training, it's that the training completely failed to prepare the pilots to deal with certain situations, and did not properly educate them on the automated systems.

Back