Bimmercode for iOS/Android - Has anyone played around with it yet?

portugz

Got it last week, but still haven't gotten around to actually doing anything! Pretty excited though.

Looking to activate EBT + Autofold on mirrors.

I used Carly to code mirrors and tailgate but their new prices are terrible. Is there any reason why you didn't go for the bimmergeeks protool?

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

I got it two weeks ago

did all my regular small stuff with it the first day I got the new car, mirrors/windows

Worked great

I used bimmercode too.
Did a few mods to change things that were annoying me. Also I really wanted the mirrors to fold/unfold as soon as I lock/unlock the doors.

Well worth it.

Seriously, was nervous going to expert mode in BimmerCode but I really wanted Bluetooth Audio and dealer wanted $400 to do it.
I now have it... but somehow turned off my voice command feature.
The email support is amazing, just waiting for the email reply to know how to fix the voice command.
This also activated office, I’ve only seen text messages pop up so far.

Also, though the regular mode which is super easy:
Removed iDrive warning
iDrive off with driver door open
Mirrors close with door lock on key fob

I used Carly to code mirrors and tailgate but their new prices are terrible. Is there any reason why you didn't go for the bimmergeeks protool?

BimmerCode seemed easier, good reviews and cheaper

Kinda a pain in the ass that BMW didn't activate a lot of the functions that force us to have to code it.

Although my BMW tech is way more advanced, my Audi does certain features that I much prefer; auto folding mirrors on lock, radio shuts off when I open the door. Remembering what drive mode i was on last, blind spot detection not just at 'higher' speeds, damn 'warning' screen on startup, etc...

At least we can close our trunks remotely after coding...

what pisses me off is I use apple carplay for 1 and only 1 reason.... WAZE

but by doing so my HUD is pretty useless....

if anyone is looking to use carplay/waze all the time... no point in getting HUD... the only thing I now see on it is the speedlimit where I am and the speed I'm going... I can't browse my playlists (I can only see the song that's playing now and skip to next or previous).... no playlist

Did you guys bring your cars in for servicing after being coded. They grilled me a little after they noticed

If you dont want to risk it you can restore original settings before going in....then reupload previous settings when you get out....its quick and easy.

I first coded a few things with Carly but it never let me touch the FRM because it found potential errors in the module. I mentioned it to the service advisor when I went in for a recall and he said there's nothing to do unless it completely fails.

Fast forward a few months, I notice the corona lights flickering on my way home. As soon as I pulled in and shut off the car, that was it no more lights or window controls. Next day into the dealer it went and they were blaming the coding for damaging the FRM, I explained to them that I coded different modules and not the FRM.
They didn't take it further but I don't think they believed me.

No big deal but I feel like if I didn't have a connection there they might of refused to replace the part.
Coding CAN brick the FRM so I understand what they were saying but like I said, I hadn't even gone there yet lol. Anyways, I don't want to bring down the dealer, I got excellent service from them every time I went in and the warranty is over now.

Pretty sure the faulty FRMs were more common in the e9x and e70s. I wouldn't stress over it

Can confirm it will brick the module. Ask me how I know... Also they can't deny an active recall of that part if it hasn't been replaced. If you have it replaced then you fuck up the new part you'll be SOL

Also tip. Connect a battery charger while doing any sort of coding. Proper voltage must be sustained while interrogating the module

Back