I started re-releasing all my songs

lord_galathon

So I found that through DistroKid we can now upload unlimited songs for 20$/yr to all (most) of the online streaming services and stores so I took the yearly plan.

I'd be obliged if you added some of my music to your Spotify playlists - link is here:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/0KwIVdls41ltp1t0ztmUlc

More music is being added there daily - I have a lot of unreleased stuff besides the two existing albums. All the "singles" in there will be new except for one that is being re-released too.

No need to listen or anything, just add to playlists and if you hit the song and you don't like it just skip it or remove it from your playlist. No biggie but every bit of attention helps.

I'm trying to get something licensed to use in movies and TV.

Let me know if you need/want help getting your original stuff to these platforms. It's never been this cheap and easy.

20$/yr unlimited uploads vs used to cost 24.99$ album up to 10 tracks/year or 9.99$/song/year.

Thanks.

-LG

Last edited:
Je dis pas que je vais écouter souvent, mais je vais au moins écouter les deux albums une fois en travaillant.

Question is: do you make money from people adding your songs on their playlists? I'm personally not a fan, but if adding them to my playlist helps you by bringing you income, then I'll do it.

Question is: do you make money from people adding your songs on their playlists? I'm personally not a fan, but if adding them to my playlist helps you by bringing you income, then I'll do it.

Being in other people's playlist increases the chances that Spotify "employees" that make their own playlists will add a specific song to any given playlist. There are other ways but at my level this is the best bet. Payout is still around 0.000015¢/play so although cool to see other people enjoy what I do for fun, it's not a must.

In other words - don't force yourself to listen, you might like it and that's great, you might not and that's okay too. Nobody is everybody's favorite color. Mine are very "purple" in terms of sound and some of the songs I released aren't that great. In retrospect I've gone "WTF was I thinking?" more than a few times...

Thanks guys, it's working. As per the stats some songs are now on some of the "Spotify algorithmic playlists" based on matching other playlists they're on:

spotify.JPG

That's cool. Think I'll do the same with my first batch of tracks. Not sure between distrokid and tunecore tho.

That's cool. Think I'll do the same with my first batch of tracks. Not sure between distrokid and tunecore tho.

I had tunecore, Distrokid is better but it sends the tracks to less "stores" by default. I found the best package to be the 35$/year one so you can set future release dates and not immediately release the song on Spotify as soon as it's ready.

Gives you time to promote it.

So for some reason I'm "big" on France's Spotify.

Also for some reason one specific track earns me 11¢/stream:

"Spotify Child of Glass Your Love's Like the Sun Song $0.116409195285"

and of course it's by far the most listened track with an average of 5 streams/week - IN FRANCE.

While other tracks are abysmally low paying:

"Spotify Child of Glass All That You Know Song $0.002167149972"

Why?

Back