How Much is a Race Used Set of Vettel's F1 Wheels Worth?

cest des roue used qui sen irait a la scrap sinon.

Peut etre , mais ça a quand même été sur le char a Vettel,
faire une table avec ça dans un man cave et juste savoir que Vettel a fait une course avec ça ,
ça doit etre cool.

Hey Swappy guy with the PHd in the auction biz, how are these items certified. How do I know what I'm buying is what they claim I'm buying? Using the wheels as an example, there is no mention of any certifying body having reviewed the product. How do the auction laws protect me from fraudulent listings?

It's a item worth a few hundred box, not a multi-million dollar Modigliani... No certificate will be issued. You have to trust the auction house.

Moi je trouve ça cool justement parce que cela a appartenu a un pilote, tu fais une table avec ça c'est cool.
Moi mon chum Jean-François Dumoulin qui roule en Nascar ma donner quelque rims et pneus et je me suis monté des tables ou bien j'avais vais ce set-up la pour le fun.
Ont peux voir que sur une des roues le pneu a été utilisé au Circuit de 3-Rivière et qu'il appartenait a Patrice Brisebois no.71.

Just wanted to point out the process, no intention of bringing anybody down......sorry if you felt attacked dude!

In regards to authenticity, well unless there is some kind of certificate (and even then they can be iffy) it boils down to the reputation of the auction house and from where the item was sourced. Generally an auction house will take back and refund you if ever you question the authenticity.

Some much crap and disinformation all over the internet, I just felt like some factual information was a good thing.....sorry for caring I guess.

It's a item worth a few hundred box, not a multi-million dollar Modigliani... No certificate will be issued. You have to trust the auction house.

Value has nothing to do with the authentication process....... You can have collectibles with a signature that are worth $10 that come with authentication.

Those wheels could be from any open wheel car.

Value has nothing to do with the authentication process....... You can have collectibles with a signature that are worth $10 that come with authentication.

Only F1/GP2 runs 13in wheel this wide, however.

True enough, I've bought items under $50 with certificates of authenticity and items over $750 without. The cost of an item won't determine whether or not it's likely to have a certificate of authenticity, but a certificate of authenticity greatly affects the value of an item. And that would definitely explain the low hammer price of these items.

Back