Upgrading from a MK7 Golf R?

jeenyusDC5

As the titles says, I am looking for a new car and I am running out of ideas.

Bought my '16 MK7 Golf R back in December 2015 and I am now looking to trade it for something different. Not that I dislike the car, it is absolutely fantastic and it really is the smart choice out there (4 motion, lots of room in the back, good fuel mileage, not eye catching, lovely auto transmission, reliable, etc etc) but I feel like having something new in my driveway.

Rationally speaking, this is the perfect car for me and I know it. I don't need more than that but heck, might as well profit from the good resale value and upgrade towards another category/level of car.

Only requirement would be AWD (no FWD because wacko, no RWD because looking for a daily driver and living somewhere between Mt Tremblant and St-Sauveur).

Manual or auto, don't care. It doesn't need to be sporty, I prefer riding on 2 wheels to get some fun out of driving.

What are your suggestions? I would like it to be as rational as buying a Golf R but a bit more "upscale".

Cheers!

Entre tremblant et st-sau?

Donc Val-David... village de hippie grano : ça te prend un westfalia synchro

BMW X2 M35i

3791820c82e09107db18e8c2ea0d77c0.jpg

0c3c86307a06b154cb8a7a39eae05810.jpg

f67ebb2abdc9eaef1ce48b634269ba38.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Sérieux, je garderais ta voiture.

Beaucoup de suggestion pour une Audi RS3/TTRS. Tu perd le harchback donc moins d'espace. Pour la performance, pogne toi un stage 2 avec downpipe pis tu va avoir les même performance.

à moins d'y aller pour de quoi de complètement différent comme de quoi de plus gros..en a tu vraiment de besoin? Ta pas vraiment le choix de rester dans l'Allemand si tu veux conserver le ''feeling'' de conduite.

Tas le top de la crème dans ta catégorie, ta pas vraiment le choix de changer de segment et tu risque peut-être d'être décu

I would keep your car, bang for the money it is the best option. The RS3 is just a dressed up Golf R, if you read reviews out of Europe the extra $$$ for the RS3 is not justified.

If you do want to step it up there is only one option and it is a major leap, you need to go Porsche 911 C4S (doesn't need to new, you can get a late model 997 C4S).

I would keep your car, bang for the money it is the best option. The RS3 is just a dressed up Golf R, if you read reviews out of Europe the extra $$$ for the RS3 is not justified.

If you do want to step it up there is only one option and it is a major leap, you need to go Porsche 911 C4S (doesn't need to new, you can get a late model 997 C4S).

you start to see used RS3 for ~54k, that' worth the money if you ask me. Although, brand new at 70k, not so much. In fact, summer 2017 I had an order for a RS3 and when the demo finally came in, i cancelled the order, wasn't ready to pay 70k for it. But i figured I might be ready to pay 45-50k 3-4 years down the line.

Back