Map Updates - Will BMW know... & does it even matter... if you go through 3rd party?

portugz

Map Updates - Will BMW know... & does it even matter... if you go through 3rd party?

If you find a third party to update your maps, or do it yourself... Does anyone know if it can affect your warranty?

I will say this buy the update from a reputable source not off a torrent site and a GOOD QUALITY USB stick, also you might require an iDrive firmware update. If not the system will go into a boot loop"Starting Navigation System" and it will require a trip to BMW with no sympathy from them. I get a phone call a week asking about GPS updates/ my car is stuck in bootloop

I will say this buy the update from a reputable source not off a torrent site and a GOOD QUALITY USB stick, also you might require an iDrive firmware update. If not the system will go into a boot loop"Starting Navigation System" and it will require a trip to BMW with no sympathy from them. I get a phone call a week asking about GPS updates/ my car is stuck in bootloop
How would one update the Idrive? I updated my maps a few months ago on my own didn't know the idrive should be updated too

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Doesnt it auto-update? Mine is up to date and I havent done anything. I just remember a few weeks ago seeing a message that an update was available and it would be applied next time i start my car...

Back