Switching to Bell Fibe, too good to be true?

allroad

Bell rep is roaming the neighborhood this week and he's offering Bell Fibe with unlimited internet 1Gbps, TV 15-channels and basic phone all for $109 + tax per month. Includes all hardware and install. I asked him for how long the credits are valid and he claims it is continuous (which I have a hard time believing) because with Videotron I always have to call in yearly for the next deals.

My question, does Bell really have "continuous" deal which sounds too good to be true?

I currently have Videotron with unlimited 400Mbps, TV 20-channels and phone. The service has been good, in switching to Bell Fibe I should gain higher speed internet and $18 savings per month.

Again, is this too good to be true???

Note that once BELL installs their fibe crap in your app/house/condo you will not be able to switch to any other provider for DSL. Also the stupid box runs on a 12v battery and starts beeping when it has a problem and you have to call BELL to fix it.

Their promos usually run out in 12 months, look up their stuff on their website.

Note that once BELL installs their fibe crap in your app/house/condo you will not be able to switch to any other provider for DSL. Also the stupid box runs on a 12v battery and starts beeping when it has a problem and you have to call BELL to fix it.

Their promos usually run out in 12 months, look up their stuff on their website.
Wait what?

The price can change. Bell rep can say whatever he want, he doesn't care since he won't be working there for long anyways.
cafb33bc887f8ebcca0bdc753d31f7e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

bell va remonter les prix sur et certain.
avec un rep sur la route on est passe de $89/mois cell/maison/internet pour regrimper au double en 18 mois ...des gens sans parole.

i wouldn't touch bell with a 10-foot pole.

i have no idea how a company with 'customer service' that fucking ridiculously shitty is still standing. we went with bell as our first choice because their product seemed better, and price was similar to Videotron. Finally we never got the products discussed, had massive bills that made no sense, and through 11 different people, not a single one came up with the same explanation. $240/mo for basic TV, internet, homephone is laughable and not even close to what was discussed over the phone.

that company needs to burn to the ground. we've been with videotron and it's simple. you get what you pay for, and you can talk to someone from this continent who has actually had training about their own products.

most people i know who've had bell have similar stories. it's actually pretty funny. it feels like a chinese company.

i wouldn't touch bell with a 10-foot pole.

i have no idea how a company with 'customer service' that fucking ridiculously shitty is still standing. we went with bell as our first choice because their product seemed better, and price was similar to Videotron. Finally we never got the products discussed, had massive bills that made no sense, and through 11 different people, not a single one came up with the same explanation. $240/mo for basic TV, internet, homephone is laughable and not even close to what was discussed over the phone.

that company needs to burn to the ground. we've been with videotron and it's simple. you get what you pay for, and you can talk to someone from this continent who has actually had training about their own products.

most people i know who've had bell have similar stories. it's actually pretty funny. it feels like a chinese company.

they may have the worst service but they certainly have the best infrastructure

Laisse faire le vendeur itinérant et va directement à un magasin Bell. Sa que j'avais fait et le magasin Bell m'a sortie une meilleure deal. Mon chum qui a fait affaire avec un vendeur itinérant sa fini que le vendeur la bullshitter et a pas pu avoir la fameuse deal.

I researched it a bit and my concern is that even though they can offer continuous credits there is nothing preventing them from increasing the base services and in the end I may be at the same rates as videotron or worse.

With videotron I know how to deal with them and they usually respond with new 12 month discounts. Is Bell the same?

The 1Gbps is very attractive but how real are the transfer vs theoretical speeds in my area.

Laisse faire le vendeur itinérant et va directement à un magasin Bell. Sa que j'avais fait et le magasin Bell m'a sortie une meilleure deal. Mon chum qui a fait affaire avec un vendeur itinérant sa fini que le vendeur la bullshitter et a pas pu avoir la fameuse deal.

This x 1000.

I researched it a bit and my concern is that even though they can offer continuous credits there is nothing preventing them from increasing the base services and in the end I may be at the same rates as videotron or worse.

With videotron I know how to deal with them and they usually respond with new 12 month discounts. Is Bell the same?

The 1Gbps is very attractive but how real are the transfer vs theoretical speeds in my area.

I have to call today since my 12 month deals end this month, will let you know how it goes.

I just switched from Cogeco to Bell this month. Cogeco bill was $168 a month with unlimited internet 120 mps and the rates went up on occasion. Bell, same service now 1 GBPS ( I did a test and it is actually 3 times faster than the Cogeco ) and get 3 months free movie channel for $119 ( added 1 extra HD receiver with Bell for upstairs, the basement one is 4K ) plus free PVR. For customer service so far, the upstairs receiver did not do surround sound ( noticed after first day ) and a new receiver was shipped and arrived 3 days later. Both had basic TV add 15 plan.
I called Cogeco to cancel and the best they could do was knock their price to $138.00 with no extra features.
Is there a noticeable difference from 120MBS to 1GBPS.. No. My son says he notices it a little while gaming ( downloading ) but that is about it.

^^^^^^^^ I did the retention with Cogeco last year and it worked, they matched the Bell price, this year they would not do it. Off topic a little but it does work to call a company and ask for discounts. Many years ago I called my credit card company for an address change, at the end the service rep asked if there was anything else she could do and I joked give me a better interest rate..... damn, she said not a problem, let me look at your profile and then got it knocked down to 11.25 %. Another off topic a little, for your cell phones, when you get a new one with a 2 year plan, there is a fixed in cost to pay the phone off, it ends in two years.... You MUST call your provider after the two years are up to get the rate knocked down or it will not be done, you will continue to pay the extra $20 to $30 a month.

Du côté entreprise ceci est inscrit en pas si petit au bas de leurs pages web :
Prix promotionnel avec une durée de 3 ans et peut être augmenté jusqu'à 10 % sur le prix régulier alors en vigueur à chaque année pendant la durée; voir bell.ca/modalitesinternetaffaires. Des frais de résiliation anticipée s’appliquent. À l’expiration, la durée est renouvelée automatiquement pour la même période de temps.

En gros tu signes ton entreprise pour 3 ans avec eux puis ils vont t'augmenter de 10%/année sur le prix régulier même si t'a une entente de 3 ans sur un "deal".

Disons qu'une entreprise prend du 1G à 109.95$, le prix régulier c'est 265.95$ donc Bell se garde le droit de t'augmenter de ~27$ les 2 années qui suivent !

Bell sont EXCELLENT pour jouer sur les mots et vendre des nuages à leurs clients.

^^^ its weird you say that cause when i called them and got transfered to "retentions" they told me to change providers........lol i didn't argue, i wasn't rude.....they just didn't care!

But the promos usually run 12 to 18 months! I got a sick deal for phone/internet/TV, but after 12m it more then doubled......it was insane!! And i got the deal from a rep on the road! I even got 100$ st-hubert gift certificate lool

Back