MK7 R Supercar build - Mighty car mods

messemble que les deux mecanos de la shop allemande avait dit 500's hp avec tous les mods
375? il en manque un peu non?

Lol .. juste un stage 2 apr avec intake et downpipe sa roule mieu que sa.

At a local NHRA certified drag strip, APR's Golf R was able to achieve a 12.8@105.7 MPH 1/4 mile pass using the factory software. Upgrading to APR’s Stage I 93 AKI ECU Upgrade improved the results substantially, coming in at 12.0@111.7 MPH. Furthermore with APR’s Stage II 93 AKI ECU Upgrade, APR Intake and APR Cast Dowpipe, the Golf R broke into the 11’s with an 11.7@114.4 MPH. At 1 second and nearly 10 MPH faster in the quarter mile, the Golf R is transformed to a true powerhouse with only simple bolt on modifications!

At a local NHRA certified drag strip, APR's Golf R was able to achieve a 12.8@105.7 MPH 1/4 mile pass using the factory software. Upgrading to APR’s Stage I 93 AKI ECU Upgrade improved the results substantially, coming in at 12.0@111.7 MPH. Furthermore with APR’s Stage II 93 AKI ECU Upgrade, APR Intake and APR Cast Dowpipe, the Golf R broke into the 11’s with an 11.7@114.4 MPH. At 1 second and nearly 10 MPH faster in the quarter mile, the Golf R is transformed to a true powerhouse with only simple bolt on modifications!

Cibole...114 mph , je fais ça avec un 12,4.
Ça doit décoller sur un esti de temps leurs affaire.

Remember that APR WILL go to quite some length to get the best results possible. Experienced 1/4 driver, proper tires, track prep... all this adds up. It's the same thing with dyno figures.

That being said, it is a bit underwhelming figure wise but again. You can't just bolt-on everything over a week-end and drop and tune with no dyno fine tuning by a pro and max out the engine's internal. 500hp would have been a grenade waiting to happen. It's not as if they openend the block or DSG transmission to beef shit up.

Remember that APR WILL go to quite some length to get the best results possible. Experienced 1/4 driver, proper tires, track prep... all this adds up. It's the same thing with dyno figures.

That being said, it is a bit underwhelming figure wise but again. You can't just bolt-on everything over a week-end and drop and tune with no dyno fine tuning by a pro and max out the engine's internal. 500hp would have been a grenade waiting to happen. It's not as if they openend the block or DSG transmission to beef shit up.

No need to open block or dsg.

People run boss 600 and 700 on stock block.

Corrected time slip? Wtf du 1/4 de mile c'est pas une course de dyno.
Le timer part quand tu décolles pis il finit quand t'arrive au boute et enregistre ta vitesse.

http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php

do you think your turbo at high altitude runs the same at low altitude? The air quality has a profound effect on power. Thats why you see these mountain motors ( 600++++ cubic inches) in those no prep cars.

Cibole...114 mph , je fais ça avec un 12,4.
Ça doit décoller sur un esti de temps leurs affaire.

Oui sa sort en criss du trou une R.

Donnée une idée. Un gars sur VWQC

17' MK7 R DSG Oryx White
|Unitronic ECU/TCU Stage2 |ST XTA|NT03+M|Maxton Design kit|CTS DP/INTAKE/BOV/IP| Best 1/4miles 11.68 @ 115.5mph

Stage 2 , DP et intake et des petite gogosse. 11.68... Metons qu'on est loin du 15k d'investisement

Oui sa sort en criss du trou une R.

Donnée une idée. Un gars sur VWQC

17' MK7 R DSG Oryx White
|Unitronic ECU/TCU Stage2 |ST XTA|NT03+M|Maxton Design kit|CTS DP/INTAKE/BOV/IP| Best 1/4miles 11.68 @ 115.5mph

Stage 2 , DP et intake et des petite gogosse. 11.68... Metons qu'on est loin du 15k d'investisement

Stage 2/2+, c'est justement ce que MCM on fait sur la Golf. Le turbo swap avait le même "impeller" size que OEM. Juste des meilleur bearing et blablabla. Il revaient en couleur de frapper le 500hp avec ça. Il se sont juste mis la barre un peu haute pour des clicks...

Ils ont quand même pas niaiser aussi avec plein d'autres gugusses comme les freins, mag, spring, plein de bushing juste ça c'est pas loin 5-7K$ en mod et installation.

http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php

do you think your turbo at high altitude runs the same at low altitude? The air quality has a profound effect on power. Thats why you see these mountain motors ( 600++++ cubic inches) in those no prep cars.
The point and goal of drag racing is not to compare corrected time. That's uber bullshit to brag about fake numbers. That's why a time slip is never corrected, it's raw data, unlike dyno numbers.
Track prep is a lot more important than altitude.

The point and goal of drag racing is not to compare corrected time. That's uber bullshit to brag about fake numbers. That's why a time slip is never corrected, it's raw data, unlike dyno numbers.
Track prep is a lot more important than altitude.

What I am saying is race the same turbo car at different altitudes, the times change.

Same way a pikes peak car makes a lot more power at the base then the pinnacle.

Track prep, temperature, and a bunch of factors play all the same. What I am saying comparing the times from say a track in Montreal, or Cali or Australia play into those factors.

C'est exactement mes temps. Stock avec une K&N, réso delete et roue lightweight 12.8 à 108mph. Après avec la JB1 j'ai fait mon 12.07 à 113 sur un piggyback.. Leurs projet fait vraiment dure.

What I am saying is race the same turbo car at different altitudes, the times change.

Same way a pikes peak car makes a lot more power at the base then the pinnacle.

Track prep, temperature, and a bunch of factors play all the same. What I am saying comparing the times from say a track in Montreal, or Cali or Australia play into those factors.
We all know that but this is all irrelevant. Do you see f1 best lap getting corrected for track temperature ? This is how racing works, comparing "corrected time" is pure bs.

We all know that but this is all irrelevant. Do you see f1 best lap getting corrected for track temperature ? This is how racing works, comparing "corrected time" is pure bs.

It is relevant when you are comparing different tuner cars. Put those cars on the same track then you can determine the winner .
What I was trying to say their build might make more power in a different situation.

Btw celle de mcm c’est une 2015 avec un salvage title, ca vaut 25k$ max, donc 35k$ avec les mods! Pas grand chars sont des tracks beast a ce prix là! On s’entent que c’est autant le fun sur du drag, lapping, autox ect...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

It is relevant when you are comparing different tuner cars. Put those cars on the same track then you can determine the winner .
What I was trying to say their build might make more power in a different situation.

I get you, but it shouldn't be use to compare with other people, as there's way too much unknown data. It's a tool for personnal uses and compare basis more than anything else.

Dude, we all know that,
What the other guy is saying is you choose the test ground and date, bring the car you wanna race, race it, get your time and gtfo.
There is no point of playing "if" game. If altitude was lower.. if temperature was cooler.. if had i more traction.. if it was less windy.. if driver wasnt fat, if if if, it's endless. You get the point.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Back