How you can order the Chevette

Twon

1976Chevette_02_1000.jpg

Popular ice racers:

My friend had an Acadian Scooter as his first car. What a piece of shit. What a legend...

Mon oncle avait une Diesel 1982. Il faisait MTL- Val d'or chaque semaine avec, un gros 50 hp lol par contre ça faisait du 45MPG, c'est extraordinaire comme consommation en 1982.

There's a guy down the street with 2 of them in his driveway, He did daily drive one of them up until last year when I think It broke down. There was another one, dark blue, a few years ago a few streets away with a v8 but it was listed on Kijiji and I haven't seen it since.

You don't see these often anymore but I always enjoy seeing them around town. I spotted a diesel one in Buffalo this winter.

I remember growing up and visiting my paternal grand parents in Laval. My grand mother, grand father and uncle each had their own Chevette. My grand mother's was the most recent one at the time, all white with the newer looking front end and some sporty stripe on the side.

La Chevette Scooter, c'était ce qu'il y a de plus simple.

L'intérieur était plus que minimaliste.

Les portes étaient en métal, sauf pour un trim qui ressemble à de la massonite qui était tenu avec des pins.

1981-chevrolet-chevette-scooter-hatchback-2-door-16l-no-reserve-4.JPG

La Chevette Scooter, c'était ce qu'il y a de plus simple.

L'intérieur était plus que minimaliste.

Les portes étaient en métal, sauf pour un trim qui ressemble à de la massonite qui était tenu avec des pins.

http://smclassiccars.com/uploads/po...scooter-hatchback-2-door-16l-no-reserve-4.JPG

J'aime bien le métal apparent sur les portes, ça fait un rappel de la couleur de la carrosserie et c'est moins cheap que du plastique partout je trouve, mais lol à la massonite. C'était rarement le gros luxe les trims de porte des années 70-80, souvent une feuille de vinyle tendue avec un accoudoir that's it.

J'avais failli acheter une tercel 81 dans le temps mais je me suis ravisé.

Quand j'avais 16 ans mon oncle s'est pointé chez nous avec une chevette comme beater d'hivers, il neigeait, les pneu d'hivers étaient pas installés, y m'a offert d'aller l'essayer, je savais pas que c'était RWD... 22 secondes plus tard j'étais pogné d'un banc de neige :D

Quelqu'un sais où je pourrais trouver une early Chevette en bon état?

On jase de même là...

Vauxhall%20Chevette%202300HS%20(8).jpg

44541749405_c157380a26_b.jpg

vauxhall_chevette_2300_hs_rally_car.jpeg

Gawd cars were shit back then. They totally phone it in

What was so shitty about the chevette ? Looking at the specs it look so much more fun than today's ultra boring FF econobox with abs/tcs/esp and ultra numb everything.

What was so shitty about the chevette ? Looking at the specs it look so much more fun than today's ultra boring FF econobox with abs/tcs/esp and ultra numb everything.
The difference is they aren't rotted out after 4 years and if you crash you don't die. The safety systems don't get in the way of driving all that much. How much are you actually pushing it on the street where they start activating?

Cars now actually work properly when cold and hot, have heat in the winter, require minimal maintence. It's sorta nice to have air that doesn't stink like raw fuel as well Boring to drive? Yes there are some boring cars but really excitement in a 55hp 3sp auto Chevette with period correct GM build quality?

I remember the malaise era heaps very well. It's not like Europe was producing lots of great stuff as well, so don't think I'm tossing GM under the bus here

The difference is they aren't rotted out after 4 years and if you crash you don't die. The safety systems don't get in the way of driving all that much. How much are you actually pushing it on the street where they start activating?

Cars now actually work properly when cold and hot, have heat in the winter, require minimal maintence. It's sorta nice to have air that doesn't stink like raw fuel as well Boring to drive? Yes there are some boring cars but really excitement in a 55hp 3sp auto Chevette with period correct GM build quality?

I remember the malaise era heaps very well. It's not like Europe was producing lots of great stuff as well, so don't think I'm tossing GM under the bus here

Justement c'était ça le driving pleasure. Vais-je mourir? Vais-je me rendre? Vais-je geler? Vais-je me droguer aux fumes d'essence? Surprise!

Back